That voter fraud that never happens.. - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

That voter fraud that never happens..

Critics of voter ID and other laws cracking down on voter fraud claim they’re unnecessary because fraud is nonexistent. For instance, Brennan Center attorneys Michael Waldman and Justin Levitt claimed last year: “A person casting two votes risks jail time and a fine for minimal gain. Proven voter fraud, statistically, happens about as often as death by lightning strike.”

Well, lightning is suddenly all over Cincinnati, Ohio. The Hamilton County Board of Elections is investigating 19 possible cases of alleged voter fraud that occurred when Ohio was a focal point of the 2012 presidential election. A total of 19 voters and nine witnesses are part of the probe.

Democrat Melowese Richardson has been an official poll worker for the last quarter century and registered thousands of people to vote last year. She candidly admitted to Cincinnati’s Channel 9 this week that she voted twice in the last election.

This is how Channel 9′s website summarized the case:

According to county documents, Richardson’s absentee ballot was accepted on Nov. 1, 2012 along with her signature. On Nov. 11, she told an official she also voted at a precinct because she was afraid her absentee ballot would not be counted in time.

“There’s absolutely no intent on my part to commit voter fraud,” said Richardson. . . .

The board’s documents also state that Richardson was allegedly disruptive and hid things from other poll workers on Election Day after another female worker reported she was intimidated by Richardson. . . .

During the investigation it was also discovered that her granddaughter, India Richardson, who was a first time voter in the 2012 election, cast two ballots in November.

Richardson insists she has done nothing wrong and promises to contest the charges: “I’ll fight it for Mr. Obama and for Mr. Obama’s right to sit as president of the United States.”

But, of course, as you know there is no voter fraud. Pay no attention to that lightning coming out of Ohio.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...back-john-fund
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
“There’s absolutely no intent on my part to commit voter fraud,” said Richardson. . . .
...so what part of "my part" does he not want to define, was
his hand on a bible, was he talking with his mouth full, was
he not looking them in the eye, I never have and never will
trust a political...I look at it this way would you trust them
to watch your kids....
92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

No one said it never happens. What people said what that it is an amazing small percentage.

19 acts of voter fraud in this county. Ok. According to boe.hamilton-co.org there are 566,193 voters registered in that county as of 2/6/13.

That's a whopping .0034% voter fraud! STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

The point has always been that the proposed "restrictions" or voter ID laws or whatever, would hold back far more people from voting.

The system isn't perfect, and it never will be.

My curiosity always comes into play here...this article talks about democratic voters fraud....of the whole 19 cases in this county, whats the party split?
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
My curiosity always comes into play here...this article talks about democratic voters fraud....of the whole 19 cases in this county, whats the party split?
...honestly I did not read the article, but I agree with what
you post, that is an interesting point...
Old 02-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #5
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
...honestly I did not read the article, but I agree with what
you post, that is an interesting point...
And to go a step further, lets say all 19 were democrats. OK. Was the election THAT close in that county that 19 votes would have turned it the other way? Go even further and say that there is another 100% (19 more voters) that didn't get caught and that they all also voted democrat. Do 38 votes turn the election? Presidential, state and local, I'm willing to bet that there are very few races that hinge on 38 votes.

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
And to go a step further, lets say all 19 were democrats. OK. Was the election THAT close in that county that 19 votes would have turned it the other way? Go even further and say that there is another 100% (19 more voters) that didn't get caught and that they all also voted democrat. Do 38 votes turn the election? Presidential, state and local, I'm willing to bet that there are very few races that hinge on 38 votes.
..to be honest, I think 19 or 38 could turn a local election
based on populace votes, but not on a Presidential level
has populace votes ever been used, except on extremely
rare occasions....

...but there is something amiss about this....
Old 02-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
ArKay99

Member #43955

My Corvette(s)
1999 FRC - 2009 Z06

Garage
Quote:
No one said it never happens. What people said what that it is an amazing small percentage.

19 acts of voter fraud in this county. Ok. According to boe.hamilton-co.org there are 566,193 voters registered in that county as of 2/6/13.

That's a whopping .0034% voter fraud! STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

The point has always been that the proposed "restrictions" or voter ID laws or whatever, would hold back far more people from voting.

The system isn't perfect, and it never will be.

'cept voter fraud is like cockroaches...for every one you see there's a thousand hiding in the cracks.

Would you still feel the same if it were a bunch of Tea Party double and triple voting for Romney...or Aikin?
ArKay99 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Extreme taxation, excessive controls, oppressive government competition with business, frustrated minorities and forgotten Americans are not the products of free enterprise. They are the residue of centralized bureaucracy, of government by a self-anointed elite. - Ronald Reagan
Old 02-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #8
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
'cept voter fraud is like cockroaches...for every one you see there's a thousand hiding in the cracks.
Ohio is pretty notorious.. kind of like Pennsylvania.

Quote:
Would you still feel the same if it were a bunch of Tea Party double and triple voting for Romney...or Aikin?
You definitely would not see the same posts..
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #9
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
You definitely would not see the same posts..
Old 02-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #10
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:

Maybe so...but the speculation of "how many don't we see" is a pretty lame scare tactic for justifying why we need new voter laws.

One other comment that sinks this story...a new required voter ID card would not have stopped the type of fraud discussed in this article, namely double dip voting. Why? Because this woman is a correctly registered voter, she just happened to vote twice (which she should be prosecuted for). There are already rules about not being able to vote if you were sent an absentee ballot, unless you turn it in and destroy it at the polling place before casting your regular vote. So how about we just enforce the laws and rules we already have?

Again, this article is talking about .0034% voter fraud. Double, triple or 10x it...it's not going to sway the presidential race.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #11
Altered
DC Crew

Member #67645

My Corvette(s)
1976 Stingray L48 4spd

Garage
This is just the same argument used with Illegal immigration. Oh its just a small number it will never be a concern. Dont worry its just a scare tactic. Those 12 million or so dont use enough of our system to make a difference either.

Oh and if I offended anyone by calling them Illegal sorry I call it like it is. Not the political BS terminology "Undocumented Immigrants" they have started using to make it OK.
Altered is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR BRNS C6 View Post
Living in California is sort of like surfing the internet. When you think you've seen the worst shit ever and nothing could possibly top it, something comes along and tops it.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #12
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered View Post
This is just the same argument used with Illegal immigration. Oh its just a small number it will never be a concern. Dont worry its just a scare tactic. Those 12 million or so dont use enough of our system to make a difference either.

Oh and if I offended anyone by calling them Illegal sorry I call it like it is. Not the political BS terminology "Undocumented Immigrants" they have started using to make it OK.
When we get to even 10% of 12million in voter fraud, then lets talk.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #13
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
We are wayyyyyy passed 1.2 million..
Old 02-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #14
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
We are wayyyyyy passed 1.2 million..
Oh we are? In provable numbers?

Let's say that there is a linear correlation between the number of voters vs. the number of fraudulent votes.

About 127.8 million people voted. So .0034% of that is 434,520 in possible fraudulent votes. And we have no idea which party this went to, but for the sake of this, let's say it swings 100% democrat.

Romney lost by about 4.5 million votes.

Voter fraud would need to be 10 times what is indicated in this small sample of the article in order for it to even be close.

Instead of worrying about .0034% ....why not just worrying about fielding a candidate that can get 51% of the vote?

Old 02-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #15
Altered
DC Crew

Member #67645

My Corvette(s)
1976 Stingray L48 4spd

Garage
Quote:
Using political BS terminology "Undocumented Immigrants" says they don't know as in unaccounted for as in we don't have a damn clue exactly how many are here. And why the hell do we "wait" until there is a problem to decide to correct it? Sounds like Big Government has already taken over. Oh wait it has...

And how do you know what the outcome may or may not be? ESP? Do you know where all of the Undocumented Immigrants are? Do you know the % of actual fraud? Didn't think so. I can tell you we have already went from "fraud is nonexistent" to damn strait it exists and we don't have a clue as to how deep it goes. Possibly it wouldn't matter. But how would anyone know since we just acknowledged something that did not exists actually does.
Altered is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR BRNS C6 View Post
Living in California is sort of like surfing the internet. When you think you've seen the worst shit ever and nothing could possibly top it, something comes along and tops it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.