Petition: Draft Ted Nugent to Serve in Afghanistan - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #16
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
....sorry but I think he's a jerk when it comes to this...

.... firstly..thank you for your service....,

...Enlisted....Regular Army....

...secondly I look at from a different stand point I chose
to go Vietnam (being the only son, your not required to
serve in combat) it was some inner value that takes control
of you and gives you strength to answer that calling, my
personal view was if you are consensus objector you shouldn't
be made to fight, I personally would not want someone with
that belief in a foxhole next to me, I value my life and the
other men around me...
I'm proud of all the men who fought in Vietnam, whether they chose to or not. I appreciate the courage it takes to go into battle. When it's time to go into battle, no one cares about the righteousness of the war. You all did your duty, and that's all anyone can ask. But the politicians let the war go on for a decade too long simply because they couldn't find a way to get out and save face. IMO, at least 40,000 men died needlessly. 40 years later, I don't hold it against anyone who found a legal way to avoid that mess.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #17
tombrammer
DC Crew

Member #68442

I am glad I didn't have to go to Vietnam (draft no.202 not called up that year),I am thankful for all those who were willing to go, that took some serious guts to go there and put up with all the crap the common soldier had to go thru from our government and their "wisdom".
A good friend of mine went to Vietnam as a conscientious objector, he refused to carry a gun but still went to war. When he first met his Sargent, the Sarge. said; "another soldier who got religion so he wouldn't have to fight for his country". The soldier replied; "I'll walk in front of you everywhere you go in the jungle and carry your radio, or what ever but I will not carry a gun". Through his whole stay in Vietnam he walked in front of his sarge and somehow was never wounded. That took some guts.
tombrammer is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #18
Altered
DC Crew

Member #67645

My Corvette(s)
1976 Stingray L48 4spd

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombrammer View Post
I am glad I didn't have to go to Vietnam (draft no.202 not called up that year),I am thankful for all those who were willing to go, that took some serious guts to go there and put up with all the crap the common soldier had to go thru from our government and their "wisdom".
A good friend of mine went to Vietnam as a conscientious objector, he refused to carry a gun but still went to war. When he first met his Sargent, the Sarge. said; "another soldier who got religion so he wouldn't have to fight for his country". The soldier replied; "I'll walk in front of you everywhere you go in the jungle and carry your radio, or what ever but I will not carry a gun". Through his whole stay in Vietnam he walked in front of his sarge and somehow was never wounded. That took some guts.
Man what was his beef with a gun? Did he not realize the e didn't give a rats ass about his morals. Possibly a really nice guy but something damn sure wasn't ticking upstairs or he had a death wish. God must have been really in his corner.

I think a lot of people who never served act like if they had been called they would have stepped right up. The truth is you really don't know how you would act. I saw many bawling their eyes out when they were getting shipped to Iraq. Before that day they spoke tough too. Right up until they reached the ship. They never considered actually having to go fight. They just saw bonus for signing up and free education. Guess they missed the part where your joining the military.

I thank all of our service men. And I see more than the average on my job. At least once a week I meet several doing funeral duty. Any American who doesn't, obviously has a learning disability and has no clue what they do and have done. Thanks again.
Altered is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR BRNS C6 View Post
Living in California is sort of like surfing the internet. When you think you've seen the worst shit ever and nothing could possibly top it, something comes along and tops it.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #19
HardcoreABN
DC Crew

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)
2000 Torch Red/Red Z51 coupe

They can take my guns when they pry them from my dead fingers- which would be after I run out of ammo and die in a pile of brass...
HardcoreABN is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
ASE Certified Automotive Repair Technician in: Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems, and Heating and Air Conditioning

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4cam from Martin @ Tick, CNC LS3 heads, Edelbrock Victor water pump, Melling oil pump, Halltech air intake, LS7 MAF, Jet-Hot coated LG long tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, return style fuel system, 2 stage nitrous plate system
Old 02-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #20
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombrammer View Post
....the problem I see with this is, in the time of need when
fire power is expected to suppress the enemy and you come
up short handed when that one extra rifle could be the
difference between life and death and your forcing other
members to protect your life but your not willing to
protect theirs.....Go To Canada....my honest feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreABN View Post
They can take my guns when they pry them from my dead fingers- which would be after I run out of ammo and die in a pile of brass...

92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #21
MR BRNS C6

Member #73972

My Corvette(s)
2006 Silver Fish

Springsteen avoided the draft, let's get him & Ted to serve in Afghanistan. At least in a USO show and see who gets the biggest cheers.
MR BRNS C6 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Smithers, unleash the hounds.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #22
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Springsteen avoided the draft, let's get him & Ted to serve in Afghanistan. At least in a USO show and see who gets the biggest cheers.
...equal condemnation.....

...but Springsteen has not bragged
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Machine
"I'd make an incredible army man. I'd be a colonel before you knew
what hit you, and I'd have the baddest bunch of motherfuckin
killers you'd ever seen in my platoon."
Old 02-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #23
MR BRNS C6

Member #73972

My Corvette(s)
2006 Silver Fish

Quote:
...equal condemnation.....

...but Springsteen has not bragged

You know it's all bullshit, bravado and sales schtick. Would you want either of those draft dodgers sharing your foxhole? Back then draft dodgers were considered heros and being a long haired gas station sink shitter was considered cool. Especially if you were one of the Gabacho's who went to Canadia! Now days with the all volunteer military, the first gulf war and the last ten years of conflict our young men and women in service are viewed in a higher light and maybe now the fake hero's of the sixties and seventies will be seen for what they were / are. I went in the Army in 81 fully expecting to go to war with Russia.

Thanks for pointing out Ted's reason for over compensating, I see him in a different light now.

When you go to your VFW be sure to use the urinals with Jane Fonda's face in the bullseye.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #24
HardcoreABN
DC Crew

Member #36463

My Corvette(s)
2000 Torch Red/Red Z51 coupe

Quote:
....the problem I see with this is, in the time of need when
fire power is expected to suppress the enemy and you come
up short handed when that one extra rifle could be the
difference between life and death and your forcing other
members to protect your life but your not willing to
protect theirs.....Go To Canada....my honest feelings

My Prayer

HardcoreABN is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
ASE Certified Automotive Repair Technician in: Suspension and Steering, Brakes, Electrical/Electronic Systems, and Heating and Air Conditioning

402 LS2- Callies Compstar crank/rods, Wiesco pistons, 11.5:1 c/r, Custom 235/250 .621/.595 115+4cam from Martin @ Tick, CNC LS3 heads, Edelbrock Victor water pump, Melling oil pump, Halltech air intake, LS7 MAF, Jet-Hot coated LG long tube headers, Corsa Tigershark exhaust, Hotchkis sway bars, Monster level 3 clutch, return style fuel system, 2 stage nitrous plate system
Old 02-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #25
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
You know it's all bullshit, bravado and sales schtick. Would you want either of those draft dodgers sharing your foxhole? Back then draft dodgers were considered heros and being a long haired gas station sink shitter was considered cool. Especially if you were one of the Gabacho's who went to Canadia! Now days with the all volunteer military, the first gulf war and the last ten years of conflict our young men and women in service are viewed in a higher light and maybe now the fake hero's of the sixties and seventies will be seen for what they were / are. I went in the Army in 81 fully expecting to go to war with Russia.

Thanks for pointing out Ted's reason for over compensating, I see him in a different light now.

When you go to your VFW be sure to use the urinals with Jane Fonda's face in the bullseye.
....before or after "Barbarella"....
Old 02-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #26
MR BRNS C6

Member #73972

My Corvette(s)
2006 Silver Fish

Quote:
....before or after "Barbarella"....
Was "Barbarella" before or after "Cat Ballou"? Oh the heck with it......just piss in her face and like it! Give her a "Golden Pond"...
Old 02-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #27
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Was "Barbarella" before or after "Cat Ballou"? Oh the heck with it......just piss in her face and like it! Give her a "Golden Pond"...
Old 02-12-2013, 11:50 PM   #28
BadBlackVett
DC Crew

Member #118110

I would like to thank all of those who served.

Ted may be a pile for not serving but if his alleged intestinal dysfunction is anything like what I have, the military blocks you from serving.

I am trying desperately to obtain a waiver and reenlist. Its disheartening since the military may have been the cause of my problems and they won't let me reenlist because of it.
BadBlackVett is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #29
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBlackVett View Post
I would like to thank all of those who served.

Ted may be a pile for not serving but if his alleged intestinal dysfunction is anything like what I have, the military blocks you from serving.

I am trying desperately to obtain a waiver and reenlist. Its disheartening since the military may have been the cause of my problems and they won't let me reenlist because of it.
....I hope you find an open avenue for your re-enlistment, my
feelings are you have to find the right contact, but if all else
fails make sure you file a claim thru the VA for your condition...

....but unlike everyday "joes" the elite have many options
open too them given their background and connections, I
have never heard of a high profile person taking enemy
fire or put in direct harms way...
Old 02-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #30
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
I have never heard of a high profile person taking enemy
fire or put in direct harms way...
How about Prince Harry and Prince William? Both served in Afghanistan, and at least some of their activity involved combat.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.