Bill O'Reilly (for XQIZT) - Page 3 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #31
Texdentist
 
Texdentist's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,189
Member #76657
Member since: Oct 2008
Location: Crowley, TX

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Thanks: 26
Thanked 384 Times in 286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
You're gonna find this hard to believe but there wasn't a crack or crevice that I avoided when I lived in LA. Some of the best booty was in the worst areas.
Not allergic to penecillin, I hope.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #32
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,110
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 140
Thanked 441 Times in 342 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Not allergic to penecillin, I hope.
Not since being deployed in the Philippians!
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 02-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #33
C6 CRUZR
DC Crew
 
C6 CRUZR's Avatar
 
Posts: 482
Member #119297
Member since: Jul 2012
Location: United States - Ohio

My Corvette(s)
2005 Corvette Convertible

Thanks: 3
Thanked 35 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
You're gonna find this hard to believe but there wasn't a crack or crevice that I avoided when I lived in LA. Some of the best booty was in the worst areas.
You have more guts than I have.

I'm a little less than an hours drive from Columbus
Ohio, which most would agree is very tame compared
to L.A. and there are many places in Columbus
that I will not even consider entering.

Quote:
You know, I have to wonder exactly what the numbers are on this. I know that they are out there, but just how many? I mean, is it similar to crime where only the bad is pushed by the media and you would think that a given city is going to hell in a hand basket?
There are currently 47.7 million people in the U.S.
receiving Food Stamps.
The entire population of Canada is around 34 million.
So, just think of all of Canada plus 14 million
more on food stamps and it may give you the visual
you need to comprehend the problem.
C6 CRUZR is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Obamacare Health Exchanges Are Now Open In All 57 States -
Old 02-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #34
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,110
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 140
Thanked 441 Times in 342 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6 CRUZR View Post
You have more guts than I have.

I'm a little less than an hours drive from Columbus
Ohio, which most would agree is very tame compared
to L.A. and there are many places in Columbus
that I will not even consider entering.
I kinds saw EAST CLEVELAND as being more of a spot to avoid. That place is depressing looking!
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 02-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #35
92Roadster
 
92Roadster's Avatar
 
Posts: 11,225
Member #36181
Member since: Jun 2005
Location: In a dumpy little building in beautiful downtown Culver City

My Corvette(s)
92 Roadster

Thanks: 321
Thanked 334 Times in 219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6 CRUZR View Post
There are currently 47.7 million people in the U.S.
receiving Food Stamps.
The entire population of Canada is around 34 million.
So, just think of all of Canada plus 14 million
more on food stamps and it may give you the visual
you need to comprehend the problem.
....why does everyone want to pick on Obama's voters,
everybody has got to eat....
92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #36
C6 CRUZR
DC Crew
 
C6 CRUZR's Avatar
 
Posts: 482
Member #119297
Member since: Jul 2012
Location: United States - Ohio

My Corvette(s)
2005 Corvette Convertible

Thanks: 3
Thanked 35 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
I kinds saw EAST CLEVELAND as being more of a spot to avoid. That place is depressing looking!
You got that right!!!
C6 CRUZR is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Obamacare Health Exchanges Are Now Open In All 57 States -
Old 02-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #37
Texdentist
 
Texdentist's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,189
Member #76657
Member since: Oct 2008
Location: Crowley, TX

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Thanks: 26
Thanked 384 Times in 286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
....why does everyone want to pick on Obama's voters,
everybody has got to eat....
Yes, but I would just as soon they would do it on their own dime. And if the don't have a dime, go work for it. Yes, I know there are a shortage of $100k jobs which seem to be tho only ones anybody on welfare want. But throughout history (pre-Obama), people did what they had to do and took a lesser job while they looked for the perfect job. Can't do that any more. You would lose your check.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #38
C6 CRUZR
DC Crew
 
C6 CRUZR's Avatar
 
Posts: 482
Member #119297
Member since: Jul 2012
Location: United States - Ohio

My Corvette(s)
2005 Corvette Convertible

Thanks: 3
Thanked 35 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Yes, but I would just as soon they would do it on their own dime. And if the don't have a dime, go work for it. Yes, I know there are a shortage of $100k jobs which seem to be tho only ones anybody on welfare want. But throughout history (pre-Obama), people did what they had to do and took a lesser job while they looked for the perfect job. Can't do that any more. You would lose your check.
Exactly!
Like the poor gal with two kids in P.A. who only makes
$18,000 a year but ends up qualifying
for $81,589 in free assistance.

Department of Welfare
- LIHEAP: $400
- Child Care: $14,976
- Medical Assistance: $6,045 (includes Health Department and SCHIP)
- Food $6,028 (SNAP, WIC: average $52.32 per person, school meal programs, Dept of Ag)

HUD
- Housing Voucher: $7,148

Pennsylvania Utility Commission
- Lifeline: landline ($30 for instillation and $200 interest free loan/yr) and cell phone with 200 min and 250 text and email ($480/yr)
- PA Weatherization Assistance Program: Ave. $6,500/per household

Department of Agriculture
- Farmers Market Nutritional Program $20

Department of Education lunch programs
- National School Lunch Program ($5/day)
- School Breakfast Program ($3/day)
- Child and Adult Care Food Program ($5/day)
- After School Snack Program ($2/day)
- Summer Food Services Program ($5/day)
- At-Risk Afterschool Meals Program ($5/day)

Department of Health
- Healthy Woman Program (free clinical breast examination, cervical cancer screenings, mammogram, pelvic examination, pap smear and follow up diagnostics to low income women): $1,245
- Bureau of Community Health Immunization Program

Department of Insurance
- SCHIP (included in Medical Assistance)

Legal Services Corporation
- 2010 federal budget $420,000,000, assisted 2.3 million people in 2011: $182.61/person @ LSC.GOV

Tax Breaks
- Earned income tax credit: $4,800
- Additional Child Tax Credit: $2000
- Withholdings return on $0 taxable income: $1900

Education
- Pell Grant: Maximum $5,500
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant: Grants up to $4,000 per year. - Students who have been awarded a Federal Pell Grant receive priority.
- National SMART Grant: Maximum $4,000 (National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent Grant: students in third or fourth year of college.)
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant: Max: $4,000 to be a teacher.

Department of Education and Office of Childhood Development in DPW
- Head Start: $6,700 per child/2009 in PA per HHS numbers
- Early Head Start: $6,700 per child/2009 in PA per HHS numbers

http://www.whptv.com/mostpopular/sto...M47mcbdvg.cspx
C6 CRUZR is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Obamacare Health Exchanges Are Now Open In All 57 States -
Old 02-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #39
Texdentist
 
Texdentist's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,189
Member #76657
Member since: Oct 2008
Location: Crowley, TX

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Thanks: 26
Thanked 384 Times in 286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6 CRUZR View Post
Exactly!
Like the poor gal with two kids in P.A. who only makes
$18,000 a year but ends up qualifying
for $81,589 in free assistance.

Department of Welfare
- LIHEAP: $400
- Child Care: $14,976
- Medical Assistance: $6,045 (includes Health Department and SCHIP)
- Food $6,028 (SNAP, WIC: average $52.32 per person, school meal programs, Dept of Ag)

HUD
- Housing Voucher: $7,148

Pennsylvania Utility Commission
- Lifeline: landline ($30 for instillation and $200 interest free loan/yr) and cell phone with 200 min and 250 text and email ($480/yr)
- PA Weatherization Assistance Program: Ave. $6,500/per household

Department of Agriculture
- Farmers Market Nutritional Program $20

Department of Education lunch programs
- National School Lunch Program ($5/day)
- School Breakfast Program ($3/day)
- Child and Adult Care Food Program ($5/day)
- After School Snack Program ($2/day)
- Summer Food Services Program ($5/day)
- At-Risk Afterschool Meals Program ($5/day)

Department of Health
- Healthy Woman Program (free clinical breast examination, cervical cancer screenings, mammogram, pelvic examination, pap smear and follow up diagnostics to low income women): $1,245
- Bureau of Community Health Immunization Program

Department of Insurance
- SCHIP (included in Medical Assistance)

Legal Services Corporation
- 2010 federal budget $420,000,000, assisted 2.3 million people in 2011: $182.61/person @ LSC.GOV

Tax Breaks
- Earned income tax credit: $4,800
- Additional Child Tax Credit: $2000
- Withholdings return on $0 taxable income: $1900

Education
- Pell Grant: Maximum $5,500
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant: Grants up to $4,000 per year. - Students who have been awarded a Federal Pell Grant receive priority.
- National SMART Grant: Maximum $4,000 (National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent Grant: students in third or fourth year of college.)
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant: Max: $4,000 to be a teacher.

Department of Education and Office of Childhood Development in DPW
- Head Start: $6,700 per child/2009 in PA per HHS numbers
- Early Head Start: $6,700 per child/2009 in PA per HHS numbers

http://www.whptv.com/mostpopular/sto...M47mcbdvg.cspx
It won't be long before some lib on here tell you that's an anomoly and this is the exception and this isn't nearly as common as you think it is. Don't believe it. The fed welfare system has so many veins to tap, and there is a giant industry that has developed around tapping into those veins. There are even government agencies to help people learn how to tap into government agencies. Millions of people never hold a real job, and never WANT to hold a real job because it would reduce or eliminate the number of federal welfare veins they can tap into.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:59 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved