Army Reservist Steps to Cop/Marine - This Ain't Gonna End Well...! - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #1
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
Army Reservist Steps to Cop/Marine - This Ain't Gonna End Well...!

And now, the aftermath...

Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
91redragtop
DC Crew

Member #23899

My Corvette(s)
2011 Grand Sport Convertible 2000 red vert-sold, 1991 red vert-sold

Wow, I can't believe that's the kind of Soldiers we are producing today!! Complete disrespect of authority!! I bet his military record isn't too good either!! Probably some UCMJ violations while serving! Could the officers have handled it differently, of course!! He could have de-escalated the situation with less force, but when you blow-up on an officer and try to put yourself on their level, you can expect what you get!!!
91redragtop is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Why do we park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?"

2011 Grand Sport Vert- All stock and staying that way!!
Sold-1991 Vert- Stock except for Cut airlid and K&N filter, bullett mufflers
Sold- 2000 Vert- LS6 intake, Smooth coupler, SLP Blackwing, XR281HR Comp Cam, 918 springs, Chromoly Pushrods, titanium retainers, MSD Wires, E3 Platinum Plugs, LG Longtubes, X-pipe, B&B Quad-tip Bullets, No cats, HP tuning custom tune, C6 Z06 shocks, C6 Z51 Swaybars, Lowered, custom hood and spoiler and paint
Old 02-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
I think the guy being a reservist had something to do with his attitude. That's probably why his roommates put him out, his attitude. He seemed to be a little bit of a 'bite more off than he can chew type'.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
91redragtop
DC Crew

Member #23899

My Corvette(s)

When I was on active and a team leader, if one of my guys had done something like this, we would have handled it with a "Come to Jesus Meeting", but I got out 10 years ago and I have heard it has went south really quick since then!! We have the kinder, gentler, don't want to offend anyone military now, but it was starting when I was in!! Remember the cards they could hold up during Basic at one time so they could get a "time out" from training!!

Sold- 2000 Vert- LS6 intake, Smooth coupler, SLP Blackwing, XR281HR Comp Cam, 918 springs, Chromoly Pushrods, titanium retainers, MSD Wires, E3 Platinum Plugs, LG Longtubes, X-pipe, B&B Quad-tip Bullets, No cats, HP tuning custom tune, C6 Z06 shocks, C6 Z51 Swaybars, Lowered, custom hood and spoiler and paint
Old 02-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
MR BRNS C6

Member #73972

My Corvette(s)
2006 Silver Fish

That boys Mommy and Daddy didn't raise him right. He got an attitude adjustment for free, courtesy of the Vallejo PD. Like AJ said, probably a good reason his roomies gave him the boot.
MR BRNS C6 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Smithers, unleash the hounds.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

The punk says "I don't want money, I want a solution!" Well, hey, dumbass -- the solution is to treat police officers with respect when you come in contact with them. They never know when someone is going to go physical on them. They have to keep the situation under control. Quit being a macho "soldier" and act like a grown-up. THIS is the solution.
Texdentist is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91redragtop View Post
... Remember the cards they could hold up during Basic at one time so they could get a "time out" from training!!
Now THAT is something I definitely don't remember. I would love to see what would happen during a fire fight when the shit hit the fan with one of those guys. Hold your card up then. You'll end up with some AK-47 rounds in it AND your ass.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
91redragtop
DC Crew

Member #23899

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Now THAT is something I definitely don't remember. I would love to see what would happen during a fire fight when the shit hit the fan with one of those guys. Hold your card up then. You'll end up with some AK-47 rounds in it AND your ass.
It didn't last too long!! The scary part is there are tons of these young ones running around with this kind of attitude that are "SEASONED" combat vets and have seen some serious action!! The not-scary part is there are even more running around who are "seasoned" combat vets that are much better people because of what they have had to do and respect life a whole lot more!! My last trip to Iraq in '03 totally changed my outlook on life and I cherish every moment of everyday!! The majority of vets I know are like this!!! He needed an attitude-adjustment in a big way....AND GOT ONE!!!

Old 02-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #9
iburke
Sir Dude

Member #6081

My Corvette(s)
1971 T-Top

Well I guess I have an attitude also because I have been on the receiving end of a cop with an attitude like that. Its like the ricers fly by gone berzerk... If you can not control your actions better than that police office, your in the wrong job.

I saw no aggressive action from the citizen but I saw a lot of aggression from the public servant.

These police officers were there to help this person and get the facts not confront him,beat him to the ground and put him in cuffs. The police made the aggressive move not the person they beat up. They reminded me of some of the athletic bullies I went to high school with that the community praised as hero's and perfect angles. It appears this bull forgot he was a policeman and thought he was still a big tough marine.

And thats just the way I feel. There are a lot of great and kind people serving us as police officers. But there is a lot of police departments in our big cities that are going the way our government is trying to go. And I have lived in big and small cities across the country in the last 68 years. Its not the wild west any more, we don't shoot first and take names later.
iburke is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I can't tell if I'm dealing well with life these days or I just don't give a shit any more.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #10
C4forlife
DC Crew

Member #54904

My Corvette(s)
1986 1996

Quote:
Remember the cards they could hold up during Basic at one time so they could get a "time out" from training!!
What branch does this? I went in August 11' AF and didn't see any of that.
C4forlife is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
96 stock and 86E I don't even know how to explain anymore.
“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
~Plato
Old 02-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #11
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iburke View Post
Well I guess I have an attitude also because I have been on the receiving end of a cop with an attitude like that. Its like the ricers fly by gone berzerk... If you can not control your actions better than that police office, your in the wrong job.

I saw no aggressive action from the citizen but I saw a lot of aggression from the public servant.

These police officers were there to help this person and get the facts not confront him,beat him to the ground and put him in cuffs. The police made the aggressive move not the person they beat up. They reminded me of some of the athletic bullies I went to high school with that the community praised as hero's and perfect angles. It appears this bull forgot he was a policeman and thought he was still a big tough marine.

And thats just the way I feel. There are a lot of great and kind people serving us as police officers. But there is a lot of police departments in our big cities that are going the way our government is trying to go. And I have lived in big and small cities across the country in the last 68 years. Its not the wild west any more, we don't shoot first and take names later.
If I had never seen Ivan, I would have sworn that he was black after that post!

I'm just messin' with you Ivan! No seriously, your experiences don't count because you came up in an era where the cops would beat your ass, and then drag you home to your parents so that they could finish beating your ass!

I jest! I jest!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #12
91redragtop
DC Crew

Member #23899

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4forlife View Post
What branch does this? I went in August 11' AF and didn't see any of that.
I got out in '03 and it was before then! I didn't get that, I went thru when you still got the hurt put on you and I think that's the way it should be!! I went to a school at Lackland and I'd rag you a little bit about AF basic, but I'll be nice since all of the uniforms start with US!!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #13
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
... I went to a school at Lackland and I'd rag you a little bit about AF basic, but I'll be nice since all of the uniforms start with US!!
Now see, I wasn't going to say a word!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #14
91redragtop
DC Crew

Member #23899

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Now see, I wasn't going to say a word!
Proud of you, Devil Dawg!!!

Old 02-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #15
C4forlife
DC Crew

Member #54904

My Corvette(s)
1986 1996

Its all good. I will say its much different now than what most have in mind. Shocked more than a few kids who thought they were enlisting into easy street.
C4forlife is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
96 stock and 86E I don't even know how to explain anymore.
“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
~Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.