C7 Corvette racing stripes revealed (silver on yellow). Maybe gran sport model - Page 3 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #31
bkuper
DC Crew

Member #16

My Corvette(s)
1994 Dark Metallic Red Coupe, 1989 Bright Red Coupe, 1986 Black Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotic View Post
Although of great expectations your rationale lacks mental clarity and coherence revisit your positions, as your thinking borders with symptoms of those when first products of a crayon.

Moreover try and not make onlookers perceive of you making a Sisyphus (sissy fuss) of yourself in furtherance as it's often the small mind that makes pursuance of such insignificance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5MdFdAe_JY

Good luck with your expectations, etc.

FYI: Sisyphus was a king of Corinth condemned forever to roll a huge stone up a hill in Hades only to have it roll down again on nearing the top.
Did you learn about Sisyphus while achieving your well-earned University of Phoenix degree or simply look it up on Wikipedia?
bkuper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Brian Kuper
Dallas, Texas
http://www.gff.com/

1994 LT1 Coupe (broken and sold)
1989 L98 Coupe (sold)
1986 L98 Coupe (bone yard)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #32
2011GSSSBlue
DC Crew

Member #117412

My Corvette(s)
2011 Grand Sport

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4armo View Post
The ensuing gs models were also in the last years of the production run. You really think well see a gs this year? Not a chance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
True the ensuing Grand Sports were the last years of the production runs.
But the First 5 Grand Sports were in the first year of the Sting Ray Production.

And if you take a look at the numbers for 2010 -2012, the Grand Sport achieved the highest production numbers in each year for the coupe and the convertible (almost 2 to 1).

So would it not make good sense to give the people what they obviously want since that is what they have been buying.

And these numbers also tend to make you wonder about that $55k that is being tossed around as a price point. All GM has said is if you could afford a C-6 you could afford a C-7.

Well most folks were affording a C-6 Grand Sport over the past three years (four if the status quo stays the same for 2013) It would lend one to believe more of a 60k price point.

http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/home.htm

Click on plant info then Option Penetration then each year.

Total Built for three years
11390 base coupes and convertibles
21360 Grand Sport coupes and convertibles
2011GSSSBlue is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #33
spd98
DC Crew

Member #4658

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011GSSSBlue View Post
True the ensuing Grand Sports were the last years of the production runs.
But the First 5 Grand Sports were in the first year of the Sting Ray Production.

And if you take a look at the numbers for 2010 -2012, the Grand Sport achieved the highest production numbers in each year for the coupe and the convertible (almost 2 to 1).

So would it not make good sense to give the people what they obviously want since that is what they have been buying.

And these numbers also tend to make you wonder about that $55k that is being tossed around as a price point. All GM has said is if you could afford a C-6 you could afford a C-7.

Well most folks were affording a C-6 Grand Sport over the past three years (four if the status quo stays the same for 2013) It would lend one to believe more of a 60k price point.

http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/home.htm

Click on plant info then Option Penetration then each year.

Total Built for three years
11390 base coupes and convertibles
21360 Grand Sport coupes and convertibles
I think your assuming the cars sold just because they were "Grand Sports". I don't think the name will sell the cars. I think the current GS sold because it gave Z looks and great performance at a good price.So regardless of when the next GS is launched, the sales numbers will only depend on what the car has to offer.
spd98 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #34
4armo
DC Crew

Member #121005

My Corvette(s)
2008 m6 npp

C7 Corvette racing stripes revealed (silver on yellow). Maybe gran sport model

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd98 View Post
I think your assuming the cars sold just because they were "Grand Sports". I don't think the name will sell the cars. I think the current GS sold because it gave Z looks and great performance at a good price.So regardless of when the next GS is launched, the sales numbers will only depend on what the car has to offer.
Zactly.

4armo is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #35
2011GSSSBlue
DC Crew

Member #117412

My Corvette(s)
2011 Grand Sport

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spd98 View Post
I am not assuming a thing, the numbers are from The Corvette Plant on actual vehicles built. I didn't take the time to show how the three year total broke down, figured you could go look for yourself. But it actually gets a wider margin in '11 then even wider in '12.

I can only speak from my own personal experience as to why there is a '11 GS in my garage. I was turned on by its looks, the wide stance is what I like, and it has that. I come from a long line of wide stance vehicles, I was a big fan of Pontiac, and since they are now gone I looked harder at chevy, and the '11 GS fit my needs.

I honestly think thats why the C-7 really doesn't turn me on, it went back to that narrow look, and it doesn't appeal to me. Toss in that hideous rear that looks like they backed a Camaro into a Cadillac and those Shark teeth on the front, and in MY OPINION they ruined a beautiful Car.
2011GSSSBlue is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #36
4armo
DC Crew

Member #121005

My Corvette(s)
2008 m6 npp

C7 Corvette racing stripes revealed (silver on yellow). Maybe gran sport model

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011GSSSBlue View Post
I am not assuming a thing, the numbers are from The Corvette Plant on actual vehicles built. I didn't take the time to show how the three year total broke down, figured you could go look for yourself. But it actually gets a wider margin in '11 then even wider in '12.

I can only speak from my own personal experience as to why there is a '11 GS in my garage. I was turned on by its looks, the wide stance is what I like, and it has that. I come from a long line of wide stance vehicles, I was a big fan of Pontiac, and since they are now gone I looked harder at chevy, and the '11 GS fit my needs.

I honestly think thats why the C-7 really doesn't turn me on, it went back to that narrow look, and it doesn't appeal to me. Toss in that hideous rear that looks like they backed a Camaro into a Cadillac and those Shark teeth on the front, and in MY OPINION they ruined a beautiful Car.
So I'm still not seeing your point. The gs is a way to stimulate sales in the late model years, which is exactly why there will be no gs in 14. GM doesn't need a gs model to sell the 14, they will sell every corvette they can make, even if you think they are ugly. When sales slow you will probably see the gs. Can we stop talking about this now?

4armo is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #37
T-Murphy
DC Crew

Member #120659

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
Understood, but if you are not buying another GM product period, the why hang out in the upcoming model thread and grouse about a set design.
It's the same thing any new model comes out.. the old model owners want to dump on it.
T-Murphy is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #38
PNHNDLE96CE

Member #14104

My Corvette(s)
96 LT1 Collector Edition

I don't think we'll see a Grand Sport version like the C6's until after the C7 Z06 & maybe even the ZR1 version is sold. The C6 GS offered Z06 style at a lower performance/price point than the Z06 but alittle higher than a base C6 and it sold very well. I don't think chevy will mess with that formula.
PNHNDLE96CE is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to PNHNDLE96CE For This Useful Post:
Longtimer (02-28-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.