Dear Senate: Please Ask Bernanke To Explain This - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #16
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
Whatever...you can keep playing the role of the old man sitting on his porch yelling at the squirrels. Again...if it were SO obvious, then there should be a candidate that can roll out in front of the country, explain it in everyday terms and get the support of 70% of the people, hands down. Unfortunately, that never happens because it appears that most of us are missing the super secret decoder ring that only comes in Cracker Jack boxes.
Then move on..
Vette_Newb is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #17
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
The charts are in months..
Yes...I know...whats that got to do with anything?

2 charts show prices rising together and a possible relationship. The other 2 show that one almost has nothing to do with the other, since they don't track with each other.
XQIZT is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #18
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Yes...I know...whats that got to do with anything?

2 charts show prices rising together and a possible relationship. The other 2 show that one almost has nothing to do with the other, since they don't track with each other.
Quote:
Neither do I. 2 charts show loose inverse relationships...and 2 show more direct relationships. And the first chart just shows was the price of gas was on those particular days...with no context as to where it was on the days before or after. How are we to know if "prices surged" unless we see the days and weeks prior and after?
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #19
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Then move on..
Absolutely not. Explain WTF it is that you're talking about. The problem with you is that you expect everyone to just naturally understand exactly what is it that you're talking about and God forbid they ask a question....well then shit....they're already a lost cause because they've been indoctrinated by the status quo political machine.

Maybe if ya took a second to rationally explain things is less than 343634578983455734 words, people would get on board with that the hell you're trying to convince us all of.

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #20
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
If you take the 1st bar graph dates and correlate then to the line graphs that contain the corresponding dates, there is hardly a "surge" in those months that also doesn't occur in months without a Humphrey-Hawkins Report day.

Feb 2009:
Bar Graph: $1.75-ish
Line Graph: approaches $2.00, but almost starts and ends the month at $1.75.

Hardly a SURGE. Especially when compared to:

May 2009:
Bar Graph: none, since there is no Humphrey-Hawkins Report in may 2009
Line Graph: starts at approximately $2.10 and ends at a little over $2.50.

So there's an example of why people don't get WTF you're talking about.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #21
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Fed dumps a bunch of paper to finance deficit spending and bank bailouts.
Devalues the currency. Sure Wall street loves it, but
everyone else pays more for goods and services throughout
the economy. Mot easily visible in the price of gas and food.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #22
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Quote:
Fed dumps a bunch of paper to finance deficit spending and bank bailouts.
Devalues the currency. Sure Wall street loves it, but
everyone else pays more for goods and services throughout
the economy. Mot easily visible in the price of gas and food.
OK, I get that printing money devalues the dollar. (Yay, we agree!) And I guess a quick devaluation can lead to commodities price surges (again!). But what's news about that? Money supplies go up and down, interest rates go up and down, commodities prices go up and down, and they are even related at times (!). I still don't see the news in it. I understand the disagreement with the Fed and TARP and all the rest. I disagree too. That's why I didn't vote for Obama. But it's not sinister stuff, it's just policy differences. And, yes, 50%+ don't get it. Something tells me that the two of us aren't going to change any of that, because all they care about is their check. We can hope that Republicans (the only party currently able to mount a credible alternative the Dems) will find a great candidate, that those who should have voted last time and didn't will wake up and vote for the more conservative candidate, and that some of this can be undone. I'm not holding my breath. All I know is that so far it is possible to take a chill pill and live a happy life as the liberals systematically deconstruct our country. I'm going to have to leave it up to the next generation to wise up and kick the bastards out.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #23
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
OK, I get that printing money devalues the dollar. (Yay, we agree!) And I guess a quick devaluation can lead to commodities price surges (again!). But what's news about that? Money supplies go up and down, interest rates go up and down, commodities prices go up and down, and they are even related at times (!). I still don't see the news in it. I understand the disagreement with the Fed and TARP and all the rest. I disagree too. That's why I didn't vote for Obama. But it's not sinister stuff, it's just policy differences. And, yes, 50%+ don't get it. Something tells me that the two of us aren't going to change any of that, because all they care about is their check. We can hope that Republicans (the only party currently able to mount a credible alternative the Dems) will find a great candidate, that those who should have voted last time and didn't will wake up and vote for the more conservative candidate, and that some of this can be undone. I'm not holding my breath. All I know is that so far it is possible to take a chill pill and live a happy life as the liberals systematically deconstruct our country. I'm going to have to leave it up to the next generation to wise up and kick the bastards out.
There is not 10% of this country's population that gets what is going on. I understand that. But as a guy with a fuel bill of $15-20k per month, it still pisses me off.

Hell, there probably isn't 10% of this country qualified to balance a checkbook, much less understand the scams that go on in the political and financial world. I post these articles mostly as informative.

There is a very large percentage of population that is pretty satisfied with the status quo and happy to live long enough to die. More power too them, IMO. But there is still a certain percentage who are interested in learning more about the way things work, who benefits, and who takes it in the ass.. if only to try and protect themselves when the shit unravels.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #24
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
But as a guy with a fuel bill of $15-20k per month, it still pisses me off.
Hmmmm. You might want to get a tune-up on that Vette.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #25
Vette_Newb
The Copy/Paste King

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Hmmmm. You might want to get a tune-up on that Vette.
Amazing how bad the mpg is when the average speed is 110mph.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #26
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Amazing how bad the mpg is when the average speed is 110mph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.