Army Reservist Steps to Cop/Marine - This Ain't Gonna End Well...! - Page 3 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #31
Bill Davies
DC Crew
 
Bill Davies's Avatar
 
Posts: 857
Member #118694
Member since: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

My Corvette(s)
1976

Thanks: 14
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
I guess I saw a different video than you. What I saw was a punk who immediately started berating the officer for the time it took him to get there. When the officer didn't want to discuss that - it had no bearing on the immediate problem - the kid went all macho, raising his voice, declaring that he was a soldier, and then - what I saw - was him pushing his chest out and walking toward the officer in a threatening way. All of this was unnecessary! Why was he more interested in winning the argument with the officer instead of moving on to the assault on him? Did the officer resort to violence too early? Honest people could disagree. I say no, because it was clear the punk was getting more aggresive because he was feeling dissed by the cop. If the kid had been respectful of the cop from the get-go, this never would have happened. It is 100% his fault IMO.

It's funny how people can watch the same video and see things at least a little differently. We agree on the beginning. The kid was being a punk and berated the cop for taking too long, and the cop didn't want to talk about it. However, after that, I think we watched different videos.

What I saw was the cop got annoyed when the kid went on to say "you guys take for F'in ever" and the cop was the one who puffed up his chest and stepped up to the kid to intimidate him. The kid then made an obviously bad choice to straighten his back and spout off that he is a soldier to someone who could assault him with very little chance of repercussion. At that point, the cop went apeshit on the kid.

That cop never felt threatened by that kid and didn't need to use physical force. He just wanted to throw him on the ground and put his knee in his chest to teach him some respect. Sorry, but that isn't the job of the police.

I'm not saying the kid wasn't a punk, and I appreciate that being a cop isn't easy. However, that cop turned out to be more of a short tempered punk than the kid was IMHO.
Bill Davies is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Davies For This Useful Post:
blckslvr79 (03-01-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #32
MayZ
DC Crew
 
Posts: 391
Member #73924
Member since: Jul 2008
Location: The Range

My Corvette(s)
2008 Z06

Thanks: 3
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Wonder if this was a training exercise


The other LEO was not wearing a camera.
MayZ is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
MAYZ

2008 Z06 Black/Ebony
2LZ, Comp Grey Wheels
Old 02-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #33
The Dude
DC Crew
 
The Dude's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,476
Member #120318
Member since: Nov 2012
Location: Katy, TX

My Corvette(s)
In limbo....

Thanks: 99
Thanked 275 Times in 210 Posts
That cop deserves a medal.

That kid was working on getting an assault on a peace officer charge and he instead got a quick lesson in life.

Although I know he probaly won't, but just maybe this will be a life long lesson that may save his life in the future. If this is his normal way of dealing with people, thinking he is a bad ass. He just learned that there are way more bad ass people out there than him and that he should use more tact. A true thug would have possibly just shot him and walked away. I see it all the time.

Being a police officer myself and fighting crime for over twenty years the last 12 of which have been on a task force that deals with only violant criminals, I can say that he is fortunate to not have come across anybody on any of our teams or the lesson would have been more extreme. We are taught to recognize signs that you who judge this officer would not have seen. He was bowed up and fist clenched. Tails that he is becoming aggresive. We do not have to wait until we are punched, shot, or stabbed to react to what we percieve as a threat. We can pre-emptively take action to control the situation if we feel it is going to escalate. That is what this officer did. If he were to use less force, the kid would have felt he could fight back with a fighting chance and then a real fight woudl have ensued and somebody could have relly gotten hurt. Instead, all he got was a fat lip and a lesson. The cop did not taze him, beat him, baton him, nor shoot him. He used what I would call the exact amount of force to get complete control and ensure the kid understood that he was the authority there and not him. Whether you like it or not, that is his job. To show up, take control of the situation, and have complete control and authority over all that goes on from there on.

If you only want a cop to show up and get your stuff back for you or arrest somebody for you or just listen to your sad story, I'm sorry but thats not their function. Thats what civil atorneys and priests are for. If you don't want that, please don't call asking for it, and then for sure don't get combative when they show up. It never ends well for you.

I give this officer an A+!


The Dude is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Rock on!
No...I can't spell...I'm a RedNeck!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #34
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,404
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 171
Thanked 550 Times in 432 Posts
Garage
The opposing views in this thread run as stark a difference as the political threads. Interesting!
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 02-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #35
91redragtop
DC Crew
 
91redragtop's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,399
Member #23899
Member since: Dec 2004
Location: TN

My Corvette(s)
2011 Grand Sport Convertible 2000 red vert-sold, 1991 red vert-sold

Thanks: 188
Thanked 42 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5 Dude View Post
That cop deserves a medal.

That kid was working on getting an assault on a peace officer charge and he instead got a quick lesson in life.

Although I know he probaly won't, but just maybe this will be a life long lesson that may save his life in the future. If this is his normal way of dealing with people, thinking he is a bad ass. He just learned that there are way more bad ass people out there than him and that he should use more tact. A true thug would have possibly just shot him and walked away. I see it all the time.

Being a police officer myself and fighting crime for over twenty years the last 12 of which have been on a task force that deals with only violant criminals, I can say that he is fortunate to not have come across anybody on any of our teams or the lesson would have been more extreme. We are taught to recognize signs that you who judge this officer would not have seen. He was bowed up and fist clenched. Tails that he is becoming aggresive. We do not have to wait until we are punched, shot, or stabbed to react to what we percieve as a threat. We can pre-emptively take action to control the situation if we feel it is going to escalate. That is what this officer did. If he were to use less force, the kid would have felt he could fight back with a fighting chance and then a real fight woudl have ensued and somebody could have relly gotten hurt. Instead, all he got was a fat lip and a lesson. The cop did not taze him, beat him, baton him, nor shoot him. He used what I would call the exact amount of force to get complete control and ensure the kid understood that he was the authority there and not him. Whether you like it or not, that is his job. To show up, take control of the situation, and have complete control and authority over all that goes on from there on.

If you only want a cop to show up and get your stuff back for you or arrest somebody for you or just listen to your sad story, I'm sorry but thats not their function. Thats what civil atorneys and priests are for. If you don't want that, please don't call asking for it, and then for sure don't get combative when they show up. It never ends well for you.

I give this officer an A+!


Taking the initiative!!!! Not waiting to get your A$$ handed to you for being complacent!!! I don't know about you but I was raised better than this and my dad would have knocked me down for the cop!!! He must have been in a lousy unit in the Army to have that kind of attitude! A good Platoon Sergeant would have fixed that problem!!
91redragtop is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Why do we park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?"

2011 Grand Sport Vert- All stock and staying that way!!
Sold-1991 Vert- Stock except for Cut airlid and K&N filter, bullett mufflers
Sold- 2000 Vert- LS6 intake, Smooth coupler, SLP Blackwing, XR281HR Comp Cam, 918 springs, Chromoly Pushrods, titanium retainers, MSD Wires, E3 Platinum Plugs, LG Longtubes, X-pipe, B&B Quad-tip Bullets, No cats, HP tuning custom tune, C6 Z06 shocks, C6 Z51 Swaybars, Lowered, custom hood and spoiler and paint
Old 02-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #36
91redragtop
DC Crew
 
91redragtop's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,399
Member #23899
Member since: Dec 2004
Location: TN

My Corvette(s)
2011 Grand Sport Convertible 2000 red vert-sold, 1991 red vert-sold

Thanks: 188
Thanked 42 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Wow, there's a spot on earth where the kids don't bitch about how their taxes pay your salary? Man, I would love to see that!
Junkman,you would love our kids!! We have right at 900 and I hardly ever have problems with any of them!! After Iraq in '03, I couldn't handle the road anymore and quit for awhile. When that position came open, I asked the Sheriff for it and I have been there ever since. I teach the DARE program to them in the 6th grade so I know them from the start! It doesn't hurt that I'm just a big kid myself and constantly pick at them and goof off with them. So I get along great with all of them....and know most of them by name!!
91redragtop is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Why do we park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?"

2011 Grand Sport Vert- All stock and staying that way!!
Sold-1991 Vert- Stock except for Cut airlid and K&N filter, bullett mufflers
Sold- 2000 Vert- LS6 intake, Smooth coupler, SLP Blackwing, XR281HR Comp Cam, 918 springs, Chromoly Pushrods, titanium retainers, MSD Wires, E3 Platinum Plugs, LG Longtubes, X-pipe, B&B Quad-tip Bullets, No cats, HP tuning custom tune, C6 Z06 shocks, C6 Z51 Swaybars, Lowered, custom hood and spoiler and paint
Old 02-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #37
iburke
Sir Dude
 
iburke's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,402
Member #6081
Member since: Dec 2003
Location: St Joseph MO.

My Corvette(s)
1971 T-Top

Thanks: 38
Thanked 57 Times in 44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
If I had never seen Ivan, I would have sworn that he was black after that post!

I'm just messin' with you Ivan! No seriously, your experiences don't count because you came up in an era where the cops would beat your ass, and then drag you home to your parents so that they could finish beating your ass!

I jest! I jest!
There is a lot of truth in your words Bro...
iburke is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I can't tell if I'm dealing well with life these days or I just don't give a shit any more.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #38
The Dude
DC Crew
 
The Dude's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,476
Member #120318
Member since: Nov 2012
Location: Katy, TX

My Corvette(s)
In limbo....

Thanks: 99
Thanked 275 Times in 210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91redragtop View Post
Taking the initiative!!!! Not waiting to get your A$$ handed to you for being complacent!!! I don't know about you but I was raised better than this and my dad would have knocked me down for the cop!!! He must have been in a lousy unit in the Army to have that kind of attitude! A good Platoon Sergeant would have fixed that problem!!


Complacency gets more officers killed than I care to think about.

The Dude is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Rock on!
No...I can't spell...I'm a RedNeck!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #39
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,404
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 171
Thanked 550 Times in 432 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91redragtop View Post
Junkman,you would love our kids!! We have right at 900 and I hardly ever have problems with any of them!! After Iraq in '03, I couldn't handle the road anymore and quit for awhile. When that position came open, I asked the Sheriff for it and I have been there ever since. I teach the DARE program to them in the 6th grade so I know them from the start! It doesn't hurt that I'm just a big kid myself and constantly pick at them and goof off with them. So I get along great with all of them....and know most of them by name!!
Sounds like a dream job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iburke View Post
There is a lot of truth in your words Bro...
I have learned to laugh at reality because walking around pissed and bitter all the time is a waste of time and energy.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 02-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #40
Spiderpat
Web Head
 
Spiderpat's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,754
Member #39596
Member since: Oct 2005
Location: Goodyear, AZ

My Corvette(s)
04 Z06 aka The Black Widow

Thanks: 12
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91redragtop View Post
but when you blow-up on an officer and try to put yourself on their level, you can expect what you get!!!
This may have not came out the way your intended but "On their level"?
They were born kicking, screaming and naked just like everyone else. We're all on the same level. Some of us are just better at it than others.
Spiderpat is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
My Black Widow

Most of my patients survive no matter what I do to them
Old 02-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #41
C4forlife
DC Crew
 
C4forlife's Avatar
 
Posts: 869
Member #54904
Member since: Dec 2006
Location: Plano, Texas

My Corvette(s)
1986 1996

Thanks: 21
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91redragtop View Post
I was just picking at you!! It's crazy how in the down times the branches all pick at each other! But let the you-know-what hit the fan and they'll die for each other!!! That's what I have always loved about the Military!!
Yea its all in fun as long as our rifles are pointed in the same direction. There was this one gal that had a hard time with that concept on the range
C4forlife is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
96 stock and 86E I don't even know how to explain anymore.
“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
~Plato
Old 02-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #42
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,404
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 171
Thanked 550 Times in 432 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4forlife View Post
Yea its all in fun as long as our rifles are pointed in the same direction. There was this one gal that had a hard time with that concept on the range
When I worked the range, I had a female reservist accidentally switch to full auto with her M16 on the 300 yard line rapid fire (10 rounds in 60 seconds). The sound of her weapon burst as she went to sit and fire conjured up all kinds of trouser trouts for those of us working the line.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 02-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #43
BLK 1
 
BLK 1's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,885
Member #66549
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: 75 in a 60

My Corvette(s)
2013 427 Convertible / 2004 6-speed Convertible

Thanks: 0
Thanked 116 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5 Dude View Post
That cop deserves a medal.

That kid was working on getting an assault on a peace officer charge and he instead got a quick lesson in life.

Although I know he probaly won't, but just maybe this will be a life long lesson that may save his life in the future. If this is his normal way of dealing with people, thinking he is a bad ass. He just learned that there are way more bad ass people out there than him and that he should use more tact. A true thug would have possibly just shot him and walked away. I see it all the time.

Being a police officer myself and fighting crime for over twenty years the last 12 of which have been on a task force that deals with only violant criminals, I can say that he is fortunate to not have come across anybody on any of our teams or the lesson would have been more extreme. We are taught to recognize signs that you who judge this officer would not have seen. He was bowed up and fist clenched. Tails that he is becoming aggresive. We do not have to wait until we are punched, shot, or stabbed to react to what we percieve as a threat. We can pre-emptively take action to control the situation if we feel it is going to escalate. That is what this officer did. If he were to use less force, the kid would have felt he could fight back with a fighting chance and then a real fight woudl have ensued and somebody could have relly gotten hurt. Instead, all he got was a fat lip and a lesson. The cop did not taze him, beat him, baton him, nor shoot him. He used what I would call the exact amount of force to get complete control and ensure the kid understood that he was the authority there and not him. Whether you like it or not, that is his job. To show up, take control of the situation, and have complete control and authority over all that goes on from there on.

If you only want a cop to show up and get your stuff back for you or arrest somebody for you or just listen to your sad story, I'm sorry but thats not their function. Thats what civil atorneys and priests are for. If you don't want that, please don't call asking for it, and then for sure don't get combative when they show up. It never ends well for you.

I give this officer an A+!


BLK 1 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 12:40 AM   #44
Altered
DC Crew
 
Altered's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,368
Member #67645
Member since: Dec 2007
Location: Texas

My Corvette(s)
1976 Stingray L48 4spd

Thanks: 62
Thanked 70 Times in 60 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5 Dude View Post
That cop deserves a medal.

That kid was working on getting an assault on a peace officer charge and he instead got a quick lesson in life.

Although I know he probaly won't, but just maybe this will be a life long lesson that may save his life in the future. If this is his normal way of dealing with people, thinking he is a bad ass. He just learned that there are way more bad ass people out there than him and that he should use more tact. A true thug would have possibly just shot him and walked away. I see it all the time.

Being a police officer myself and fighting crime for over twenty years the last 12 of which have been on a task force that deals with only violant criminals, I can say that he is fortunate to not have come across anybody on any of our teams or the lesson would have been more extreme. We are taught to recognize signs that you who judge this officer would not have seen. He was bowed up and fist clenched. Tails that he is becoming aggresive. We do not have to wait until we are punched, shot, or stabbed to react to what we percieve as a threat. We can pre-emptively take action to control the situation if we feel it is going to escalate. That is what this officer did. If he were to use less force, the kid would have felt he could fight back with a fighting chance and then a real fight woudl have ensued and somebody could have relly gotten hurt. Instead, all he got was a fat lip and a lesson. The cop did not taze him, beat him, baton him, nor shoot him. He used what I would call the exact amount of force to get complete control and ensure the kid understood that he was the authority there and not him. Whether you like it or not, that is his job. To show up, take control of the situation, and have complete control and authority over all that goes on from there on.

If you only want a cop to show up and get your stuff back for you or arrest somebody for you or just listen to your sad story, I'm sorry but thats not their function. Thats what civil atorneys and priests are for. If you don't want that, please don't call asking for it, and then for sure don't get combative when they show up. It never ends well for you.

I give this officer an A+!



OMG what a disrespectful little ass. I agree that kid deserved everything he got.

Mommy's and Daddy's take note. Raise your kids with discipline or someone else will instill it for you.

News stations that do this deserve double what that kid got for promoting asinine behavior for ratings.
Altered is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR BRNS C6 View Post
Living in California is sort of like surfing the internet. When you think you've seen the worst shit ever and nothing could possibly top it, something comes along and tops it.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #45
the machine
 
the machine's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,175
Member #67421
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: Glen Gardner NJ USA

My Corvette(s)
1966 Big Block Vert, 2008 Z06, 1969 435 , 1959 vert. Non vette ...2011 CTS-V wgn, 2014 silverado

Thanks: 24
Thanked 45 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
I guess I saw a different video than you. What I saw was a punk who immediately started berating the officer for the time it took him to get there. When the officer didn't want to discuss that - it had no bearing on the immediate problem - the kid went all macho, raising his voice, declaring that he was a soldier, and then - what I saw - was him pushing his chest out and walking toward the officer in a threatening way. All of this was unnecessary! Why was he more interested in winning the argument with the officer instead of moving on to the assault on him? Did the officer resort to violence too early? Honest people could disagree. I say no, because it was clear the punk was getting more aggresive because he was feeling dissed by the cop. If the kid had been respectful of the cop from the get-go, this never would have happened. It is 100% his fault IMO.

Well I suggest you watch the video again. The kid stood in place, the officer was the one who stepped up into the kids face. At which point the kid puffed up and said he was a soldier. At that point, the cop slapped the kid.

I have lots of friends who are cops. They hate cops like the one in the video, because they cause the public to distrust them. The more the public distrusts the police the more prone to voilence the public becomes. The more prone to violence the public becomes the harder and more dangerous the job becomes.
the machine is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Welcome to the Machine....
The Following User Says Thank You to the machine For This Useful Post:
blckslvr79 (03-01-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:02 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
© 2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved