Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

R.I.P. to my Corvette Babe

38K views 80 replies 80 participants last post by  NoCleverName 
#1 ·
I met my fiancee in 2002, and a few weeks later, we were sitting in the '82, having an ice-cream cone, with her door open, and her legs stretched
I took a few pictures of this, which she thought was funny

two weeks later, we were trackside, watching trains, and I took a few more pictures
this time, she allowed me to include her face

over the next few years, she permitted me to photograph her with the Corvette, and in other locations

as is often the case with these forums, a few mouth-breathers made rude comments, and by 2006, she would no-longer pose

she hurt her back while working in February 2010, then while being treated for that injury, she was diagnosed with Stage III-C breast cancer in August of that same year, resulting in an emergency double-mastectomy in September 2010, followed by strenuous chemo, radiation, and reconstructive surgery over the next 14 months
over December 2010 and January 2011, she allowed me to get a few pictures on weeks she was between chemo-sessions

and she walked the aisle in September 2011, when her oldest daughter was married

through last Winter, she slowly regained her strength, and a few more pictures were taken

in May 2012, she thought she had a sinus-infection / sore-throat, but in reality, cancer had returned to the lymph-nodes in her neck & chest regions, and into the bones (hips, spine, skull, etc.)
2 different chemo-concoctions were tried, along with radiation, but the disease continued to spread throughout her body, and these pictures were taken the final few days of November 2012

she passed-away last Friday, on 28 December 2012, as I held her in my arms, at age 58+

I will miss her terribly​

See less See more
#2 ·
So very sorry to hear this brother. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

#17 ·
I agree with not knowing what to say. Where to even start...but this was an awesome tribute to her. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. What a beautiful young lady she was. May she rest in peace in the big Corvette Heaven. Thank you for sharing, and I too am deeply and truely sorry for your loss. May her memories with you and the Corvette group live on forever brother!!

#18 ·
Great tribute to a great woman.

If it is any consolation. I work on a daily basis with research scientists at the forefront of cancer research. We are not done yet...but we are making tremendous progress and my hope is that I will live long enough not to have to see/read another story like yours.

#21 ·
Damn that cancer! We can send people to the moon and robots to Mars but we can't find a cure for cancer with all the millions of dollars raised each year. I lost my darling sister to breast cancer and my Dad to cancer in 6 months and also miss them terribly. She didn't deserve to be gone so soon as with your wife while the scum of the world live on. I feel for you and I know it doesn't seem possible right now but time will heal some of the pain you are feeling. Just keep remembering all the good times you shared and if you believe it you will one day be together again.

#22 ·
A very touching tribute...

Sorry for your loss seems insufficient, but it's the best most of us here can offer. Remember that you can lean on people here for support, as well as others.

I think I speak for everyone when I say, if you ever need to talk/vent, some one will here will be able to listen...

PD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.