Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

The Stingray Name Is Back

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  billcarson 
#1 ·
On the C7.

:cheers:

Rick B.

#7 ·
I like the new car as an overall opinion. I do not like the rear end. Aside from the squarish taillights, I think those weird angular surrounds look like running mascara. The front bumper would look a lot better with vents on the outside ends, which would make the opening look a lot less like a guppy mouth.

I hate the Stingray name they put on it. That should have stayed in the past. I also hate that they named the engine, the LT1. I didn't like when they did it in the 90's and I don't like it now. It's a new engine and new family and it needs a new designation.

I can see it now, someone with less than great description skills comes on here and starts a thread...

"I want to put an LT1 in my C3..."

It'll take a page and a half to first find out if he means the original LT-1, the Opti-Spark 90's LT1, or this new LT1 which will very easily be confused with the outgoing 6.2L LS engines.

BTW - Does anyone else think they put a little too much...'rice'...in the way it looks? The vents all seem designed kind of gimmicky and cheaply. The LED headlights are done in a common way. The emblem now resembles a 'V' and I know some ricer prick is going to put a 'tech' behind it.

Done ranting. I like it and would own one...but it'll take me a little while to get these gripes out the way first.

#13 ·
It's a new generation? Really? I was disappointed. It used to be that generational changes were marked by drastic body redesign. Integrating advancements in most areas of the car.
The C3 to C4 was a true generational change in my view.

The generations change much more often now, it seems GM does it now for every single milestone improvement. Marketing must be involved in that......... :D

I haven't seen anything but photos, but to me it looks like another warmed over update to an existing design. Sounds like the engine has some new technology in it. And of course some of the cosmetics. Stingray emblem, not a big deal, I mean would you really buy the car or not based on a new emblem?

I was hoping for something that would shout at you that this was a C7, as it is when one drives by you will have to identify features to tell it's a C7 or C6 or C5..... To me, these seem to have the same overall shape.

I think it was time for a new overall look not just a change in cosmetics, adding vents and moving a few body lines around. Don't get me wrong, I like the car and given the spare funds would likely buy one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.