Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

January 13, 2013

7K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
Is anyone planning to be in Detroit for the debut of the 2014 Corvette? I am making loose plans to be there...have to see how the schedule shakes out between now and then.

#2 ·
I think Longtimer is going to be there, since he is being given special recognition as the President of the "C7 Rear-end Fan Club."

#9 ·
I don't know about 13th, but I will be at Detroit auto show.

Cobo is 36 miles from my office, so why not.....

#13 ·
13 January 2013

Maybe things have changed, but I thought I read where that unveil was to a 'limited showing', tickets were required, and a package for that event and lodging were available from NCM.

Then, again, maybe a special preview with a public one later at the show.

:huh:

#14 ·
Since I live in Indy and we're fairly close to Detroit, I plan on being there. I'll be taking LOT'S of pictures and some videos to share... I'll probably spend an hour just walking around and around it, trying to decide whether or not I like it. :thumbsup:

Hopefully, I WILL like it... :lookinup:

#25 ·
Did you say this about the C6, because it appears as though you own one.
I loved the C6 at first sight. Although a bit more conservative than I'd have liked to have seen, I found the design very tasteful. It was time to say goodbye to the hidden headlights and it was executed with class and taste. The shorter overhangs and tidier lines looked very different from the C5 while still looking uniquely Corvette.

I've owned my C6 for more than 6 years and I was looking forward to getting a second year C7. That will not happen now, not in year 2, not ever with that rear end. Not for me.

You asked.

#26 ·
It was time to say goodbye to the hidden headlights
Some people (I have no idea who lol) might say the same about the lights lol.

in all seriousness though this is just a pitiful attemp by GM to tie all of thier cars to a successful one. Even impala has a little of the tail light design in it (though oddly they took more leeway there...). It's overall a bad move for the brand I think.

#28 ·
I really don't like the Camaro style lights on either the camaro or the corvette. My wife really likes the camaro and is seriously considering buying one....perhaps she'll look at the vette too since she never really got over me selling my 2004.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.