Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Official C7 Media Kit: Download Here!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  OC Vic 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Thanks, Chris!

I watched the reveal stream live, thought it was pretty cool.

I'm not dissapointed, thought the whole effort by Chevrolet was world class. Thsi car is gonna turn some great lap times, even the base model.

The interplay of angles and curves is intriguing, it keeps drawing my eye in, going over each detail. Kinda like looking at a woman! No? ok.. :)

The tailights are probably the weakest link in this design. Not because they look bad, but only because they are partly reminiscent of the Camaro. We don't want our Corvette to look anything like a Camaro, not in any way!

But after seeing the car for real, it is clear to me that no one could possible mistake the two cars from the rear view. The Corvette has a much more angular rear end, v-shaped, from the rear fender humps, rear glass taper, right into the tailight area. The whole rear end has a V-shaped motif. Whereas the Camaro just has a straight high beltline, all across the back end, like a common bathtub.

There is no mistaking these two cars for each other from the rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.