Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

C8 Corvette Rumors/Facts

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  pcgt 
#1 ·
Well you know it had to start sooner or later:

I'm hearing round tail lights and mid engine.

:laughing:

#9 ·
No back seat, but the mid mounted engine will be a 6 turbo V-4 with a 1,650,000 rpm redline with a peak torque of 12 ft-lbs. The transmission will be a 7 into 6 speed unit allowing for 42 different gears all available through dual paddle shifters behind the steering wheel. Oh and clutches there will be one for each gear so that's 14(7+6+Reverse)

#5 ·
Nope. The C8 will complete the Corvette transformation from the successful Plumbers sports car to Elitist's sports car while taking the C7 Art & Science theme farther and will be sold only by Cadillac. The bow tie in the Fleur-de-lis will be replaced with the cad wreath and the base price will increase another $10k. Four to five year later, as is the tradition with all Cadillac sports cars, it will be canceled.

#10 ·
The C8 will be a V8, it will not have a V6 as an option. There will be a limited production of less than 200 purpose built mid-engine Corvettes, starting at an MSRP of $230,000, with production slated to begin 2 years after the initial introduction of the C8.

C8 HP will be more, weight will be less, it will be a flex fuel vehicle (Base/standard C8 only) (mid-engine C8 will be heavier and traditional gas only). Skidpad, 0 to 60, etc times will improve. It will have a new logo. The Transformers vette is not the C8, was never intended to be, never will be. The Corvette will be what it has always been. The C8 body design will not be radically different, but will be comparable to the changes from generations past.

The C8 will arrive at dealers in the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2020.

If you have any more questions, ask me, I'll know the answer. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.