Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

What are the rarest 1:18?

21K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  John Ulrich 
#1 ·
I know about the AutoArt '78 pacer but what other 1:18 die cast are hard to find or will be (you think) in the future?

#4 ·
i have the new york mets 1986 corvette made by ERTL... mine is #28 of 500

#10 ·
Besides the UT (not AutoArt) 1978 Pace Car, the UT 1978 Silver Anniversary version is a rare and sometimes hard one to find. Also, the Grand Sport coupes and roadsters from Exoto could be considered rare and can also be found at a reasonable price if you look hard. One rare 1:18 Corvette that I have in my collection is the 1969 Owens Corning Fiberglass red and white #1 roadster made by Carousel One. I forget what the total production number was but it sold out quick!

#13 ·
Actually, AutoArt is what became of UT Models. UT Models was owned by Gateway Global which is the same company that currently owns and operates AutoArt. I believe the Pace Car and the Anniversary models were two of the last few Corvette models made by UT before closing down in 2000 and becoming AutoArt. The funny thing is that AutoArt kept the mold of the C5 Corvette from UT when they did all of their Corvette coupe and convertible models from 2001 through 2004! To answer your question, Dennis, that Pace is UT model number 21070. You won't find it in AutoArt's listing.

#15 ·
BOOGIE 66 said:
Besides the UT (not AutoArt) 1978 Pace Car, the UT 1978 Silver Anniversary version is a rare and sometimes hard one to find. Also, the Grand Sport coupes and roadsters from Exoto could be considered rare and can also be found at a reasonable price if you look hard. One rare 1:18 Corvette that I have in my collection is the 1969 Owens Corning Fiberglass red and white #1 roadster made by Carousel One. I forget what the total production number was but it sold out quick!
i do have all UT colors (yellow,black,red,silver,25th anniversary and the pace car) my favorite still the pace car and being the rarest in my collection but only the 25 th ann and the pace car have the right dash board :huh: all others have older 70's style dash :( (i am now sure that everybody will go to look at there UT'S) so the quality could be different even in the same company but the price will only go higher with time :thumbsup: the last 78 pace car on e-bay sold near 200 $ :crazy: i dont care i have them already and dont want to sell them for now... beside those EXOTO GRAND SPORT are one of rarest one but road legend make the same model now (not the same details) that may hurt there value ... :cheers:

#17 ·
patcorvet said:
the 1978 stationwagon by kentukylegends only 50 made

[/IMG]
Patcorvet,I would have to agree with you on this one.In my years of collecting,this is one of the hardest to find.I've only seen two,and they were on Ebay. Some more rare ones,or models worth getting your hands on are the Maisto 96' GS vert,two versions all black rims,or the black with silver lip rims.The Bburago 57,vert yellow/red coves(GM stopped production).Ertl chrome Z06's,Hotwheels black 1969 ZL-1 (toy convention version),The 4 Carousel Vettes,Mid America's - Maisto 1996 Last C4,& UT's Last 99,the 1996 Maisto red coupe/95 ZR-1 wheels and two tops,Ertl 1967 vert/no antenna,the Ertl Peach State tan 63' coupe,all the Ertl Yenko Camaros. Whew that's just a few off the top of my head.

#18 ·
MORVETTES said:
Patcorvet,I would have to agree with you on this one.In my years of collecting,this is one of the hardest to find.I've only seen two,and they were on Ebay. Some more rare ones,or models worth getting your hands on are the Maisto 96' GS vert,two versions all black rims,or the black with silver lip rims.The Bburago 57,vert yellow/red coves(GM stopped production).Ertl chrome Z06's,Hotwheels black 1969 ZL-1 (toy convention version),The 4 Carousel Vettes,Mid America's - Maisto 1996 Last C4,& UT's Last 99,the 1996 Maisto red coupe/95 ZR-1 wheels and two tops,Ertl 1967 vert/no antenna,the Ertl Peach State tan 63' coupe,all the Ertl Yenko Camaros. Whew that's just a few off the top of my head.
Those are some of the ones I have.

#19 ·
MORVETTES said:

Have even more rare ones in my collection

the SR-2 streetversion only one made by me

The First C5 delivred

the Sebring Racer 1956

#21 ·
RedBarchetta said:
I have a Dale Erhnhardt Jr. #8 C5R. Not sure if it was the same year.
No,the #3 Earnhardt Sn & jr car came out in 2001,and was available in 3 colors,yellow,platinum and gold. Also 2 versions,clean and raced. Dale Sn. was killed in the next race (Nascar/Daytona 500).The #8 Dale jr & Boris Said car came out in 2004,it was never raced because Dale jr crashed it in practice ,and was almost burned to death in it. That car is limited to a little over 4000 units. I think it will be a highly sought after car,in the near future.

#22 ·
kentucky wagons

hello my name is marc houben i threy to register all corvette wagon models in all kinds off colors hope that owners off an real 1/18 wanted to help me out for completed this register i only need to now

name, city and what number your car has it will be fine to recieve an picture off it

i have an collection corvette models only 1/18 and i have 5 different color stationwagon
the orange 29/50,
yellow 2/25
red 2/25
1982 stationwagon 2/16 on base off collector edition autoart
hope there people to help me out

THANKS SO FAR
REGARDS MARC from netherlands

#23 · (Edited)
hello my name is marc houben i threy to register all corvette wagon models in all kinds off colors hope that owners off an real 1/18 wanted to help me out for completed this register i only need to now

name, city and what number your car has it will be fine to recieve an picture off it

i have an collection corvette models only 1/18 and i have 5 different color stationwagon
the orange 29/50,
yellow 2/25
red 2/25
1982 stationwagon 2/16 on base off collector edition autoart
hope there people to help me out

THANKS SO FAR
REGARDS MARC from netherlands
Hi I have the orange 42/50 kentucky legend made only 48 of these the last 2 ones he never made
MY city Gent Belgium ,for more info send PM

the picture I used one this page was not mine it hase the nr 33/50

Rigo is a good friend of mine have a lot of kentucky Legends :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.