Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

C7: Seems GM Has A Hit

6K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  iowa61 
#1 ·
I went to my local Chevrolet dealer today (I bought a Cruze...more on that later). EVERYONE was talking about the C7. The phones have been ringing off the hook for people who want one.

If all the dealers are like the one I was at, the future looks good for the Corvette. :thumbsup:

#3 ·
I've been saying all along that once it's unveiled, the general public are going to love it. The handful of members who have been spamming this forum for the past several months about how much they hate the design are a very vocal minority.

Many of the naysayers have been criticizing the strategy of appealing to a younger demographic, saying young people aren't able to afford a 'vette. They're missing the point. The idea isn't that 13-year-old Billy is going to run out and buy a new C7 as soon as he's played Gran Turismo 5, it's about changing the perception of the car. For the last few generations, the Corvette has looked pretty unremarkable (definitely not unattractive, but just not very noticeable). When most people see a C4, C5, C6 corvette drive by, the car is completely invisible to them; they don't even notice it. I think GM finally has a design that people will notice, for the first time in several decades.

#21 ·
And here it is. :D

Spamming?? Seriously?
What I have said is, simply put, I hate the rear. It looks camaroish. The styling of the interior is fantastic. I'm getting used to the front, not bad, and the side profile is decent also. I like the looks of the fat ass but hate the rear view. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
I guess that choice of phrasing was more instigating than it should be, but I just find it odd that the members who hate the design have been the most active posters. I don't get it.

For example, I love the old Toyota Land Cruisers, but I think the new FJ Cruiser is the ugliest thing man has ever produced... and yet not once have I felt compelled to go to their forums and make hundreds of posts about how hideous the thing is. It doesn't make any sense to me.

#6 ·
I do know what you mean but there are some VERY opiniated folks that loaf on here. I'm not even sure that all of them want or have Vettes. I'd think that some are just homeless Libs looking for a fight.:laughing: We're all entitled to our respective opinions and I think the Obama lovers are the new Vette haters. It's a libtard thing.

I also like the old FJ's and they were rock crushers. The new ones are just too sissy looking. I do like the new Vette to some degree but I wish the ass was prettier. Of course I also wish my girlfriends ass was prettier but that's another story. I'm just an ass man and the new Vette let me down. Smooth, flowing nose that at least hints of Corvette and the angular ass that reeks of ricer.

#10 ·
We're all entitled to our respective opinions and I think the Obama lovers are the new Vette haters. It's a libtard thing.
How right you are, Texdentist, you, blkslvr79,arkay99, and a bunch of others !! Those damn libs !!!!!

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

#7 ·
I think the C7 has a big chance in the international market.
I also noticed that some Lamborghini driver are interested in the new C7. :thumbsup:

I love the C7 - I will buy next year the C7 conv.! :cheers:

Greetings from Austria
Horst

Reactions: MR BRNS C6
#9 ·
:cheers: Greetings from Austria
Horst

Greetings! :buhbye: I still like the front and sides, but the back side....it is sorta growing on me, but I will have to see it in person to make a real decision. But I have always said to each his own. Just because I am not a fan doesn't mean you shouldn't be.

But again I will be reserved but open.

:partyon:

#15 ·
As a very long time member of this site, what I have liked most about the C7 is that interest in it has (for a short time at least) managed to overwhelm the nearly unbearable political bullshit that has permeated this car forum. I can put up with the relatively unattractive rear end for that reason if nothing else.

#19 ·
As a very long time member of this site, what I have liked most about the C7 is that interest in it has (for a short time at least) managed to overwhelm the nearly unbearable political bullshit that has permeated this car forum.
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:
At the very least the political BS could be confined to the News Room where no one has to read it unless they choose to.

#27 ·
There are things I like and things I don't like: I really don't like the rear, sorry.

That being said, I wish the best of success to GM with the sales. Their success impacts my ability, or lack thereof, to drive my car in the future.

So I'm very happy that people are all excited about the car, I sincerely hope this translates into sales and doesn't stay at the level of "buzz".

With a rear like that, I won't be part of the sales, but I certainly hope that a lot of people will buy the car so that the Corvette keeps thriving, because it deserves to.

I may, after I finished building my house, look into putting that DIC on my current vette though :D

:cheers:

#29 ·
I am one of the outspoken dislikers and I still am. I don't like the rear at all. There are things I like, I am glad it will be one of the best performance cars around , but to me I can't get over the camaroesque tail lights. 90% of the people liking it is fine, Sorry if I don't. BTW I hate the cheesy chrome Stingrays on the side too.

#30 ·
I would have to agree on one point, if someone just managed to have a look at this forum they would come to the conclusion that 90% of the forum members hate the C7. Yet if a poll shows that really only 16% do not like the C7 it shows that there is a huge disconnect with what is being posted and how forum members (as a group) feel about the C7.

It has also gotten a little annoying hearing the same people complain about the same thing on this car. You do not have to say a billion times that you do not like the rear end on this car.

I partly feel as though part of the reason for this comes from some of the intimidation that has happened (some people who like the C7 were stated to not be a real Corvette fan). Honestly I know that this had an impact on my voicing my opinion about the car (not that I was afraid but because I find that mentality to be a bit annoying).

I noticed that some who hate the C7 are always trying to make it sound as if they are in the majority. However from everything that I have seen those who hate the C7 are actually in the minority.

At the same time everyone is entitled to their opinion, I would just rather have a bit more mature (even more mature then what I sometimes bring to the table) debate about things.

Reactions: TF3N
#31 ·
I am glad that the C7 is being so well received by people. It means that maybe this "clean sheet" design will result in new traditions and establishing Corvette to a new generation of buyers and admirers for another 60+ yrs. One thing is for sure the corvette will always evoke passion in people whether they love them or hate them. :thumbsup:

#32 ·
I find that most people who hate them have never experienced them.

#37 ·
When I was at Barrett-Jackson, they had the C7 parked behind some barricades next to a Bugatti Veyron. Needless to say, whether people liked the C7 or not, NOBODY was looking at the Veyron that cost 40X as much. :laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.