Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Busy buying Cool parts again.

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  riggs 74 
#1 ·
Well as I've been busy with other things unrelated to the Vette, I recently ordered some goodies for the car.

I ordered an L88 hood from ACI
http://www.acivette.com/aci0013m.htm

Then I went to VB&P for Their front and rear dual mount composite spring kits. VB&P will be shorting the rear spring by .5 inch before they ship it out at no extra charge, Thank VB&P.
http://www.vbandp.com/C2-C3-Corvett...posite-Monospring-Conversion-Kit-1963-82.html

http://www.vbandp.com/C2-C3-Corvett...assis/Rear-Dual-Mount-Spring-Kit-1963-79.html

And then from Summit I ordered a set of SPC fully adjustable upper control arms.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sps-94360/overview/make/chevrolet/model/corvette/year/1974

I have received the Summit order and those SPC upper control arms are nice. The VB&P spring kits will be here soon. The hood from ACI will be building the hood this week and I should receive that soon.

I am currently busy with a small home theater basement remodel but I hope to start working on the Vette as soon as possible. There are several other projects that I want to start on the car before spring/summer.

Riggs

See less See more
#2 ·
Man Riggs you are truly addicted to that Vette. I have the SPC control arms but haven't installed them yet. It's been a year since I worked on mine. That's going to change very soon. You still enjoying the LS motor? I looked at a thread where someone used the SPC arms and they had a problem with the arms touching the spring towers when the car was off the ground. I think they ended up installing some straps to limit the travel. If you we're to make a hard turn and lift a tire this might be a problem. Just thought I would mention this. :cheers:Mark

#3 ·
Mark, I'm really looking forward to seeing your project come together, can't wait for the first update.
Yes I had seen the same issue that you mentioned about the SPC control arms, I will be using straps to limit the travel at all four corners. My half shafts seam to bind when the car is lifted off the ground and because of this Ill be running straps on the rear trailing arms as well.

Any one know of a good source to buy the straps from.

Riggs.

#19 ·
... My half shafts seam to bind when the car is lifted off the ground and because of this Ill be running straps on the rear trailing arms as well.

Any one know of a good source to buy the straps from.

Riggs.
The rear geometry was designed that way. There is nothing wrong with your shafts or arms. The rear tires/half-shafts are not supposed to be rotated when "hanging down". The U-Joints are beyond their limit in this situation. That's the way it came from the factory.

#4 ·
Lol. These cars are never "done"
I have the vbp springs and also had them shave the back a bit.
I don't know how well those front control arms work but they sure looks like it would make dialing it in a lot easier. Also: they look damn cool. :thumbsup:
What does NASCAR use for straps on their back axles? Or do they use cables?

#5 ·
I've been looking at some straps on Ebay, if you do a search they come in different sizes. They will work for my application. Here's a link http://www.ebay.com/itm/370733444596?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
What do you guy's think?

Brent you need to get your tail over to your build thread and give us some more details on doing the rear bumper.:whip: and dont forget the other pictures you didn't post. OMG I sound like a thread wife:rolling:

#7 ·
I am currently busy with a small home theater basement remodel but I hope to start working on the Vette as soon as possible. There are several other projects that I want to start on the car before spring/summer.

Riggs
You sound like me...way too many projects humanly possible...I think you may have what I have- AADD....Adult Attention Deficit Disorder

Richard

#8 · (Edited)
#10 ·
I have the SPC arms and I dont think they hit the frame at full droop

#13 ·
vette427-sbc, I hope that is what I find to be true, but I will still order some straps just in case.

Bill, The pictures will be a coming soon.

tektrans, yes it is like a late Christmas with all these goodies arriving.

I have received the springs and control arms, but no word on the hood, I don't expect to hear anything about the hood until next week some time. I Still need to order some straps soon. It will be a few weeks before I get to work on the car.

Riggs

#14 ·
Riggs,
My link on post # 8 was bad and I have corrected it.:cheers: Mark

#15 ·
The ACI hood showed up yesterday, I now have all my parts. I will install the front dual mount spring
system and determine what and if any suspension limiting straps are needed.

This hood weighs about half of what the old one does.

I hope to fit the hood on the car this weekend to see how much body work is needed.
The suspension work will be in a few weeks.

Riggs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.