Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

C7 uncovered in GT5 (I think)

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  leshelt 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Note that this must be the base model. No brake vent low in front of the rear wheel well, yet still has the hood vent, but I don't see the top rear fender vent (good).

As you say, it's distorted, and it's a vid game, but it shows a fairly pronounced flair of the rear fender for the tires.

Reactions: stinger430
#9 ·
This is IN FACT not from GT5 but from a comic book artist named Jon Sibal who also illustrates cars based off of readily available information. I've pointed this out in another thread with this same image. Jon nailed the ZL1 before it was released so he's pretty accurate.

He's the exact same image on his deviantart page: http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d5q1s4l

To clarify: NOT from a video game; 100% render by an artist named Jon Sibal.

#4 ·
Wow, that looks great!

Really looking forward to this car. Maybe I'll lease one for a couple of years, until the GS, ZO6, or ZR1 comes out.

#7 ·
That area looked fuzzy to me. I wasn't sure it the vent was there or just motion distorion.

Again, this is a game vette, so we shouldn't expect this to be perfect. They might have started with the Z?? rendering and worked backwards for the Stingray ... leaving the full width spoiler on. Or, the full spoiler might be an option.

Again, Game rendering.

#8 ·
Again, this is a game vette, so we shouldn't expect this to be perfect. They might have started with the Z?? rendering and worked backwards for the Stingray ... leaving the full width spoiler on. Or, the full spoiler might be an option.

Again, Game rendering.

Noted, but the GT series is notorious for their attention to detail. They duplicate everything for the car modelling perfectly and precisely. Not artistic license allowed.

I was confused when I noticed the rear spoiler but no rear brake cooling duct ahead of the rear wheel-well like in the Jalopnik rendering. Then again, this may not have even come from Grand Turismo. But I'm pretty sure it did. :cheers:

#11 ·
Don't. I remember this image from the C/D as well as the front and rear images he did for them in the same issue using the same background he always uses. His work is accurate but distinctive.

(Also, I'm taking his renderings as more proof that the C7 will have camaro-esque tail-lights.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.