Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Stingray wins against the Hellcat, 2 Ding Dongs driving each.

11K views 34 replies 7 participants last post by  87vette70TA 
#1 ·
#2 ·
i have to disagree. i believe this was an accurate depiction of the real world performance and handling characteristics of both vehicles, and i think these 2 apparently very qualified drivers exploited both of the cars strengths to their full potential. :D

#5 ·
It just seems the Vette should be faster. The Hellcat has 707 horsepower and weighs about 4450. The Vette has 650 HP and weighs about a thousand pounds less at 3500 give or take. Horsepower to weight on the "Pussy"cat is right at 6.29 pounds per horsepower while the Vette is 5.38 pounds per horsepower.

I remember when 10:1 was a lot of fun and a fast car. Jeesh, times have changed.

#6 ·
Its Just the Way Drag Racing Physics Work Gunny.
After the Launch Vehicle weight not a Huge Factor once your over the 500 HP Mark.
My experience with my 4200 # pound 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix with me Seated at 180 lbs and 25 gallons of Gasoline at 7.25 lbs per gallon.
Weighed on CAT CERTIFIED TRUCK SCALES.

Your Old 1965 Pontiac Catalina 2+2 Weighed the exact same at 4,200 # pounds.

The Hellcat is just short of 800 Flywheel HP.
780 HP.

#7 ·
The Hellcat is just short of 800 Flywheel HP.
780 HP.
Thanks Brian but where does that 800 horsepower figure come from? Mopar says 707 and the dragstrip times would seem to back up the 700 HP number. Most 1/4 mile calculators seem to put the Hellcat in the high 10's or low 11's with the weight and horsepower plugged in. 800 horsepower would get it down into the 10's and I don't see that happening.

#8 ·
The Hellcat is Real.
Its A 10.4 -10.8 ET Car with Real High Trap Speeds 130-132 Mph.

GRUMPY KNOWS IT TOO.
HIM AND ME HAVE DISCUSSED DAILY ON HIS FORUM NONSTOP FOR THE LAST 390-410 DAYS.

THERE ARE ONLY 2 ACCURATE DRAG RACING CALCULATORS TO USE.
THE OLD SCHOOL MOROSO DRAG RACING SLIDE RULE CALCULATOR.

WALLACE RACING DRAG RACING CALCULATOR.
ALL PONTIAC V8 SIGHT.
INFO THERE TO RUN DOWN TO 7 's with a 455 & 4,000 # race weight.

ET AND MPH MUST MATCH & INVERSED RATIO MATH.

THE HELLCAT DOES.

NONE FROM MAGAZINES ARE PRO DRAG RACERS.
****EN **** LIMP DICK MOTHER **** *******.

I CAN DRIVE AND DRAG RACE.
ALL I NEED IS MUNCIE 4.
10.0 ET .

#11 ·
The smellcat is at a disadvantage with the extra weight it is dragging around
Praise the Lord. I thought this was a Mopar site for a while. Whew......it's about horsepower to weight. Colin Chapman proved that many years ago when his featherweight cars started beating the heavyweights. Weight matters then and weight matters now. How 'bout the old "rule of thumb" that implies that for every 100 pounds of weight your car loses it picks up a tenth in the quarter. That dear friends is horsepower to weight in action.

When I used to fit inside I had a 220 horsepower Cosworth engine in a 1970 Lotus Europa. It weighed about 1400 pounds and I could flat tear up many of the 350-400 horsepower muscle cars of the day. Vettes were easy prey. My hardtop came to the top of the Vettes doors.

I got bigger (or the car shrunk) and I got me a Vette and my hog body fits just fine......thank you very much.:laughing:

#16 ·
What Do You Think will happen with 3.73- 4.56 Rear Diff Gears installed and 28" / 29 INCH TALL DRAG RADIALS OR RACE SLICK TIRES
Brian, most of us on here drive our cars on the street. 4.56 gears and drag slicks may be nice but you couldn't go around a corner........at any speed over 5 mph. Hell, let's just weld the spider gears together and get a real posi-trac. None of this sissy clutch stuff in the rear. You want a locker......then lock it with a 6013 rod but you'll probably want a 7018. Be sure to keep the low hydrogen rod dry though. An old refrigerator and a 60 watt light bulb does a good job of keeping moisture out of the rods. It won't break. Big gears and slicks will also fit the Vette. Then what??

The 5,000 Pound Fat Ass Vs 2500 Pound light weight
A 275 horsepower 4 banger in the Caterham R600 will put that fat ass sissycat back on the trailer with it's tailpipes between it's legs. Ariel Atom will just pulverize the Hellcat. It's OK for a drag car and if we ONLY drag raced our cars it would be acceptable. I enjoy the McDonalds drive-thru sometimes and need to make a turn and pay at window #1.

Heck, the wimpy little Z-28 will destroy the sissycat on a road course. There's just more to life than 1/4 mile 10 seconds at a time. The Pussycat is just a one trick pony. Not my cuppa tea but to each his own.:thumbsup:

#18 ·
Brian, most of us on here drive our cars on the street. 4.56 gears and drag slicks may be nice but you couldn't go around a corner........at any speed over 5 mph. Hell, let's just weld the spider gears together and get a real posi-trac. None of this sissy clutch stuff in the rear. You want a locker......then lock it with a 6013 rod but you'll probably want a 7018. Be sure to keep the low hydrogen rod dry though. An old refrigerator and a 60 watt light bulb does a good job of keeping moisture out of the rods. It won't break. Big gears and slicks will also fit the Vette. Then what??

A 275 horsepower 4 banger in the Caterham R600 will put that fat ass sissycat back on the trailer with it's tailpipes between it's legs. Ariel Atom will just pulverize the Hellcat. It's OK for a drag car and if we ONLY drag raced our cars it would be acceptable. I enjoy the McDonalds drive-thru sometimes and need to make a turn and pay at window #1.

Heck, the wimpy little Z-28 will destroy the sissycat on a road course. There's just more to life than 1/4 mile 10 seconds at a time. The Pussycat is just a one trick pony. Not my cuppa tea but to each his own.:thumbsup:
Show Me Gunny.

Race.

Drag Racing is Back.

I am Sorry You and the Old Guard Don't Approve.

No Hellcat owner cares what Corvette Guys think.
Why should they ?
They are Faster than near all.

Numb Nuts Racing Numberg is Over.
No ****en way in hell a private team with a C7 can compete for very long.
Will run out of money after paying the Bribe the Germans want.

#30 ·
honestly the new z06 should with a rolling start jump out in front of and even launch harder than the hellcat because the smaller displacement 1.7L blower is spinning faster making boost more responsive and immediate. chevy has decided in all their wisdom doing this was worth the higher iat's. and to have direct injection is a tremendous advantage.

#31 ·
Its hard to say tonight Autowiz.
Just something is wrong...
Dyno testing by You.
Maybe at my new job on the AWD Mustang Dyno..

Just have to go to Route 66 Joliet, Byron Illinois .
Cordova IL.
Union Grove WI.

WATCH ALL MYSELF AND CHECK THEM OUT IN THE RACE PITS.

#33 ·
One of those You Tube Videos I posted Autowiz of The C7 Z06, It Really Ran Strong.
Picked up at least 100 HP.
I AM POSITIVE A FULL SET OF TITANIUM VALVES INSTALLED.
DISTINCT FERRARI V12 SOUND AT ENGINE REDLINE FROM EXHAUST.
5.0 MUSTANGS SOUND THE SAME AT 9,000 RPM 306 CI.

Issue with Valve Float Valve seat bounce.
Will eat up 100-500 hp in a race engine.

Titanium expands 2 times less than steel or stainless steel.

Z06 MAY HAVE STICKING EXHAUST VALVE GUIDES.
KILL HP INSTANTLY TOO.

#35 ·
Godspeed Autowiz .

Mopar Bob's 1970 Charger SE Is Plum Crazy Purple original .
Apart right now and ready for the body shop.
Dreaming of 500 ci Indy Race engine.
Wants to beat my 70 TA RAIV which he has never suceeded.

Said The Hellcats are Real.
Get that C7 ZO6 RUNNING IN 8'S IN 2016.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.