Whalom Park....Lunenburg, MA

...when I was a kid I lived about 2 miles from this park,
it was the biggest and baddest around, had some of the
most memorable times with girlfriends there, my dad
was also a cop there on weekends, me and my sisters
had to lay low during those days......:laughing:

...there was plenty of missing nails and duck tape around
that construction....:lookinup:

At the time of its last day of operations in 2000, Whalom was known as the 13th oldest amusement park in the United States, as well as the second-oldest trolley park in the world.

#3 ·
Been there many times when I was a kid growing up in New England. Brings back memories.

#6 ·
What a blast back then
I've rode it about 10 times and it's always amazing how much it has "loosened up" over the years. My first time was in the early 80's and my last time was two years ago. I think they tighten all the carriage bolts that hold all the wood together every year when it's down and by the end of the year there is a lot of jiggling going on.

One year it shook so badly (great) that my eyeballs were bouncing around and I couldn't focus. It's got to be, by far, my favorite wooden coaster.

What's not to like? About a mile and a half long, over 4 minutes shaking your ass off on about 45 acres at 65 MPH. Also, the women's bewbies all shake around real well too. Always try to sit beside a 42D with a low fitting top. You will learn Religion.:laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.