Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Fuel Injectors on an 86

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Agent 86 
#1 ·
I searched this topic and it hasn't been hit on in a while. I am looking for replacement stock injectors for my stock l-98. Where is the best place to find them for a reasonable price. Ecklers has them listed for $499 for a set of rebuilt ones and $80something each for new ones. Can i do better

If i were to go the larger injector route what specs should i be meeting before start thinking about that.

any help would be nice

#2 ·
#4 ·
fic has rebuilds with a warranty for under $200. just sayin, hard to beat and his quality and service are phenomenal.

#5 ·
Ecklers is a decent place to buy stuff from if it is like a rare part or something. Fuel injectors are a dime a dozen. FIC is better priced.

You will have to get your ECM reprogrammed before you do those injectors otherwise it will smoke and run rough. LT headers are not enough to justify larger injectors. You would need a better cam, intake and a fuel mods before it becomes necessary. That is unless you are planning for future expansion.

What are your plans for this car? Budget?

#6 ·
what # injectors does an early 86 (iron heads) have..... 22lb, 24lb, etc...??? Or does it not have a rating at all?
:huh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.