Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

My baby is getting close to the 100k mileage mark

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  autowiz 
#1 ·
Anything special to do or concerns to be worried about since my 2000 is about to hit 100k miles?

#8 · (Edited)
woa. If you are near 100k on the odometer than you are dangerously overdue for a blower. All these years and miles have past by and all the power levels of everything else rolling off the lot have steadily increased all this time. To the point of now you are like that one guy still using windows xp. Well don't fret. With this kit right here:
http://www.magnusonproducts.com/p-43-corvette-z06-57l-ls6-2001-2004-magnuson-supercharger-kit.aspx
Your 100k car can maintain current day corvette power levels for the next 100k.:D

#10 ·
Thanks for all the input and the supercharger suggestion. We made the 1600+ miles with no problems. Averaged right at 27 mpg with the performance axle ratio. These roads are terrible which the Michelin Pilot Sports magnify. I think it is time to check their balance also. Any tire suggestions? Always enjoy the gas station conversations that happen, people saying nice Vette, love that color, and etc. Had a kid in a Dodge diesel pickup try to mess with me on I-29 just north of Sioux City. He thought he was cool. I just let him think that. Thanks again.

#17 ·
100k? You're just getting going. Spoke to some folks at the Tonowanda Engine Assembly Plant when I toured there...the expected service life of your motor is 300k miles. Take care of it. Do general maintenance and you'll be good to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.