Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

TCS issues:

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  needspeed 
#1 ·
Hello,
Can anyone help me with this problem?
My car is a 2001 Corvette, here is the problem. once the vehicle has run a bit, I
turn it off, and start it again, this is the sequence that takes place: the traction control and ABS icons on the dash illuminates, the ABS icon goes out, traction stays lit. The following messages display in the DTC:
Service vehicle soon
Service active handling
Service traction control system
upon looking at the error codes, i'm receiving the following:
PCM - 1571
TCS - 1277 H C
Here is what I've done so far. Pulled the EBCM and had it rebuilt. Reinstalled it only to see the same errors again, nothing changed. After doing some research on the web, I decided to pull the ground connectors G103 and G108. They were corroded so I cleaned them, put some dielectric grease on them, cleaned the ground points and reseated the connectors. Started the vehicle to see if there was any change. The results were the same. I am stumped, looks like the EBCM is not the culprit. Also, disconnected the negative cable and let the car sit overnight, after reconnecting the cable, ,I started the car and drove it to see if the errors would come back, they did. If anyone has any ideas or can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate the input. Could the ABS pump be bad? Can I continue to drive the car, is it safe? I'm at wits end, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Needspeed :huh:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.