Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

What are these plugs for?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ALG 
#1 ·
Cable Wire Electronic device Electrical connector Technology

I have an 86 convertible. Does anyone know what these plugs are for? They are located on drivers side in the back.

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks. Thats what I thought. I was looking for power antenna plug and couldn't find it. My antenna is up and i want to get it down. Thought maybe one of them was it. What does the power antenna cable look like?
Power antenna relay and wiring is located under rear hatch trim panel on the left side of the latch under the sound deadening jute padding. Wiring runs from there through the body to the antenna through a grommet located in the drivers rear speaker hole ( waaaaaay in the back and around the corner in the speaker housing) but all wiring can be tapped or acessed under the hatch trim off of the relay. If motor runs but antenna doesent go down at all or only goes part way down then the ribbon gear is broken or bad. You shoud be able to hear if motor is running. If motor isnt running at all ( up or down) then check power at relay. If motor does run as it should but the mast doesent move then replacement mast will usually fix the problem. Hope this helps:thumbsup: Sorry just realized you had a vert. Some of this wont apply but some will and your vert relay is way back in the boot on the driverside under the carpet at the top drivers corner IIRC. At least the grommet will be easier to get to. It should be in the upper drivers corner also. Should be the only wiring through the body in the area. All other rear wiring is through the passenger corner ( tail lamps, fuel level, etc.) should be 4 wires and a larger black "coax" looking cable IIRC. Sory for the confusion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.