Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Tube under door on passenger side.

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  vette8494 
#1 ·
There is a small diameter tube on the underside of the body, running along the passenger side. This tube has a small length of spring around it. Can anyone tell what this is and why it would it be hanging down beolw the body? :(

#2 ·
There is a small diameter tube on the underside of the body, running along the passenger side. This tube has a small length of spring around it. Can anyone tell what this is and why it would it be hanging down beolw the body? :(
Dont know for sure on yours but the only tubing on the passenger side of mine are the fuel supply and return. If they are hanging below the body I would look to see why the were pulled down. Possibly a fuel filter change ( just ahead of passednge door inside frame rail) and they never reinstalled the clips holding the fuel line up. I have removed a few clips on mine to get some play in the line to make the filter change easier but always make sure to replace/ reinstall them. Other than that I cant think of what else might be there especially hanging below the body.:huh:

#3 ·
Fuel Line

I thought that might be the fuel line. I guess I need to search for the clips. I have a bad feeling they may have broke.

Thanks much for the info.:thumbsup:

#4 ·
I thought that might be the fuel line. I guess I need to search for the clips. I have a bad feeling they may have broke.

Thanks much for the info.:thumbsup:
If needed I can get you some pics of mine this weekend. they should run up tight to the underbody down the passenger side just inside the welt seam and around the jacking points. Might try to gently push it back up starting from the front where the filter is. IIRC there is also a retaining clip above the filter also. That one may have slid down and be the majority of your problem. Remove the sheet metal cover just forward and inside the front passenger jacking point and acess is pretty easy. You should have plenty of upward movement as the fuel line also has a rubber section where it loops around the front of the engine. Some gentle persuation may make a worls of difference. If you need the pics PM me and I will get them posted for you.:D

#5 ·
Here are some pics of the fuel and return lines for you

This is looking toward thepassenger side and up into the engine compartment. You can see the routing of the fuel supply and fuel return lines. The upper is the fuel supply and the lower the return line.
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/album.php?albumid=488&pictureid=1448
This is just under the passenger door. Here the lines are "stacked" one on top of the other, but there are two (2) retaining clips. One for each line.
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/album.php?albumid=488&pictureid=1447
This is about the middle of the passenger door. Sorry for the poor quality of the pic, but i think it will give you the idea.

This is where they start to go up along the rear frame rail just forward of the rear wheel well.
So it looks like there is only one set of retaining clips for that section and it should be about the middle of the door. There are also one on each line just above ( toward the engine side) the fuel filter. Hope this helps. If you need more let me know.:D

#6 ·
Tubes

Thanks for the photos, they will be a big help. Until I can get under and have a little more room to work, I have zip tied the two line together. I'll be able to work on it this weekend.

Thanks again.:cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.