Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

C1214HC code

9K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  PSU 98 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello guys. I am a new member. I have a 2001 corvette coupe with 105k on it. Code 28-TCS C1214 HC just started appearing. It goes away if I turn off and start the car again or after driving for a few miles. I went through the steps for reseting the codes but it is still coming on. Can anyone tell me what this code means.

#10 ·
ABS module

Hello guys,
I finally got around to removing my ABS module.I sent it to ABSfixers.com. Just got it back and installed it. It works perfect. No more fail codes appearing. Those guys fixed it. They did a great job. I also replaced the drivers side window regulator. It finally gave out. So I had to replace it. Its working fine now. Going to do my plugs and wires tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.

#12 ·
my 2001 coupe

since everyone like's pics here are a few. Picture of my happy 2001 coupe A4 and a few of the module before I shipped it out to be repaired. Was a easy repair. worst was putting it back in. Glad I had a assortment of torx screwdrivers to use.

Thanks to Junkman I performed the same fix using ABSFIXER's service. Now my Vette is running pretty much perfect.

#14 ·
............ Was a easy repair. worst was putting it back in. Glad I had a assortment of torx screwdrivers to use.
:thumbsup:
Did you replace the Torx screws with Allen heads?

The worst part of mine was getting it out......took three old men, a small boy and a blood transfusion :rolling:

My blood test :laughing: http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168201

The best part.......not seeing those codes or lights show up again. :cheers:

#13 ·
Those of us with 2001 and up Vettes can pretty much resolve this issue, either using ABSFixer or doing it ourselves. Earlier year Vettes are hit and miss. Some can't be repaired without buying a new module.

#15 ·
Used the original bolts to put it back on. Pretty much a reverse of taking it out. Did lose a bolt behind the module so I had to take it off again and start all over again. That was the only aggrivating part. But the reward of no dash warning lights coming on was well worth the work and slight aggrivation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.