Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Love this forum! No blown engine/dropped valve threads!!

7K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  The Dude 
#1 ·
I was getting so paranoid reading another Z06 forum...nothing but dropped valves and blown engines! Made me afraid to drive my Z06. I am glad to find this forum; this is a very pleasant change versus what I was reading. I think I'll hang out here for a while instead.

#4 ·
nothing but dropped valves and blown engines! Made me afraid to drive my Z06. I am glad to find this forum;
Here we have many, many folks who will tell you about dropped votes and blown elections. If you read the posts in the news section you'll be afraid to drive your Z06 because it's not green enough and gas is going to cost about $10.00 a gallon when O'bama gets through taxing you.

Not really different than the other forums just dropped and blown different things. Actually, it's kind of fun here. A lot of opinionated folk on both sides of the line. You can always make fun of someone.:laughing:

#5 ·
I used to go over to that forum too. I guess I am not "hard core" racing enough to fit in there. I got tired of being called a waxer because I don't pretend to be a race car driver. :rolling:

I like DC. Lots of Vette talk. Lots of cool and funny videos. Lots of tech talk and political jousting. I like it all.

Welcome!

#7 ·
I love their Road Racing section. There are some serious racers over there. I learned a lot from those guy on how to build a fast reliable race car. I also own a ZO6 with 77K on it. Runs great!

Jr.

#6 ·
This is a good forum, one of the first I joined when I was either looking for the Z06 or driving my C5 at the time, I can't remember.

Things seemed to have slowed down after Patrick sold it off, but it's still a good forum.

Regarding dropped valves and blown motors, I have now had my '07 Z06 for six years and one month and have 41,333 miles on it and the only major issue I've had has been a transmission concern that was repaired under warranty at 25,000 miles. :thumbsup:

#9 ·
I've heard a lot of guys complain about valve and lifter issues, but they just replaced them one the modding started. :cheers:

#10 ·
Cam,= valve drops?

Dang it, I was shopping today for cam, long tube headers, I was told that heads need to be redone for valve drop issues, before I get started I am not going say were the shops are, they are very well established shops that back there stuff. And I trust there advice. My question to all you peeps, has anyone else been told they need to address this issue first.

#11 ·
Dang it, I was shopping today for cam, long tube headers, I was told that heads need to be redone for valve drop issues, before I get started I am not going say were the shops are, they are very well established shops that back there stuff. And I trust there advice. My question to all you peeps, has anyone else been told they need to address this issue first.
When i did my cam, heads were done for performance issues only 2008 z06 mods 3/11

#12 ·
The sodium filled valve stems in the 06 and early 07 were known to have the weld holding the head to the stem to fail. If I am correct this was corrected going forward in late 07 and beyond. If you are planning to mod your motor you should look at replacing those valves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.