Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1992 Camaro Z28 from TN.

5K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  92Z28JG 
#1 ·
Hey everybody Junkman told me to join up here to check it out so i figured i would show my baby off while i am at it. So let me know what you think?

This car has sentimental value to me my grandpa left it to me.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like you are taking very good care of your ride. Welcome to the forum. :buhbye:

Your car has a LS1 in it correct? That's what you're working on? I know it means a lot to you so let's fix it right.

#3 ·
Thanks Junkman!:thumbsup: its a L98 vette motor and i looked at your thread for the accumalator and compressor replacement i am lucky mine is easy to get to! and i was looking on rockauto for a acdelco ac compressor,should i stick with all ac delco for the compressor?

#4 ·
Not necessarily. Did you read what I wrote about the compressor I used? I included some very detailed information in that thread. You need to read it. I know the pictures are pretty and distracting but the info is important too. ;)

#5 ·
Ok went back and went through it you used a new compressor works ac compressor,accumalator,orifice tube, to get the lifetime warranty?i need some extra pag oil as well.i will call them tommaro and see if they can ship down to the house cause that would be a LONG drive.in your post they charged you 50 to recharge the system.how much did they charge you to evac the system?

#6 ·
The same thing, but I knew this guy so that was a very good price. Dealerships charge around $120 to do a evacuation and recovery.

Surely there is a Bumper to Bumper in your area. If not, you need to call Compressor Works and see if there is a distributor where you live. They can also tell you a source that will ship you one. If you can get the same deal I got with the warranty, you're way ahead of the ball. Step one, call Bumper to Bumper. I put all that information in that thread for a reason.

#7 ·
you 92 looks just like my 91, except mine is metallic red. Same black/red interior though lol. Love me some 3rd gens

Reactions: 92Z28JG
#10 ·
Welcome! Great looking ride you have there. I'm a three-time Camaro owner myself to go along with the three Corvettes. Gotta say I had more fun putting 95k miles on my LS1 Camaro than any other car I have owned.

Hope you enjoy yourself here.

#12 ·
No not yet,i have had AlOT of offers to buy it.they only made like under 600 with the options i have,and thats between 4 different color schemes.i just found this out the other day to is that the dealer could only order this car with the 350 in 92'.It is the future Z Car!

#15 ·
need more pics, under hood ect

#17 ·
Well, women seem to attend the west coast shows a lot more than the east coast shows from what I've seen in my travels. The biggest show we have here is the Hot Rod Nationals, but that's an older crowd. We also have the Carl Casper Show here but that's this weekend and it's an indoor show. There are a bunch of smaller shows but what you may run into varies. I did have a link to a website that listed all the car shows nationwide that are reported, but the link appears to be dead.

#19 ·
Ok got ahold of bumper to bumper and they have teh ac compressor,accumalator,orifice, for 256.00 and they dont ship so i think i am going to get a new ac delco from rock auto like 190,a acumaltor so i will get out about the same but i dont have to drive to KY.and the bumper to bumper place said it was only a 1 yr warranty on the compressor....:thud:

#18 ·
I second Top Tier fuels. In fact, most new vehicle warranties will be void if the dealership can show Top Tier fuel was not used. VERY important to use it. Oh, and in your case try to find gas that is not an ethanol blend- the seals and such in the fuel system won't like it.

#26 ·
Ok finally got the ac wrapped up new ac delco compressor,ac accumulator,orifice tube,new seals,and ester oil to work with the existing mineral oil and had a shop evac recharge.now that i am done with that i have to replace all 4 tires and plus a rock hit my headlight yesterday and busted it and let a little scratch in my newly painted bumper.man i can not get a break i have only drove this car 2 times since i have had it out the paint shop.and plus i was qouted like 800.00 for 4 firestone firehawk 245/50r16 tires with a alignment is that bad price?i have already spent 400 getting the ac straightened out and now all this...:surprised

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.