Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

GTP Corvette is back and ready for 2013 season of racing

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  john robarge 
#1 ·
thought we'd share some pictures, take some question's, and we'll be glad to answer.
However before we answer your questions PLEASE know a few thing.
#1 My brother and I have over 40 years in Corvettes. Everything from 53's on up the ladder.
We have hands on experence as good as any in the Corvette repair, refinish, restoraions, fabricating, and show's as well as racing. We are fairly well known from Warren to walton Beach, and from Southern Cali to Boston. All in all I'm saying we know what we present to other's to be shared.
If you don't like what we show, don't look at it and go about your business in a friendly way.

Now, this is a Restoration project we started a year ago.
This Corvette GTP car sat in the corner of a fairly well known race business and race driver's. When I say sat, I mean it has not seen day light for 20 year's. in bad need of some help, bad need of parts that do not excist only again because it was a GTP race car.
It is NOT a Kit car, nor ever a kit car. It is a race car TOTALLY hand fabricated the same as any race car.
It is NOT a mongoose car as the good people at Mongoose wll attest to.

This car has already been classified by several race sanctioned bodies, NASA, HSR, SVRA as a GTP car and the car will race these event bodies this 2013.
EVERY thing about this car is period correct, including the vin plate stating it as an Eagle GTP , serail #002, 1988 . Eagle GTP LTD, Madison, Wi
:partyon:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Fantastic! Glad to hear someone gave it the restoration is well deserved! More pictures please? Engine bay/interior/ect...

#3 ·
the GTP Corvette album can be viewed

anyone interestede in the work of the car can visit my fb page and then go to my pictures and pull the album devoted to the car. there are some 160 pictures of the work and the fabrication of the car and parts hand made for this beautiful restoration.
John Robarge:thumbsup:

Attachments

#4 ·
Please post a link to your facebook page, or tell us your name so we can search for it. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.