Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster

3K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Andonis 
#1 ·
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster

Sant'Agata Bolognese, November 12th, 2012 - Automobili Lamborghini presents the new Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 Roadster, the most exciting series production Lamborghini ever built and the new benchmark in the world of open-top luxury super sports cars.

On the heels of the successful coupé introduced in Summer 2011, and with over 1,300 units already delivered to customers, the House of the Raging Bull is now offering the convertible version of the Aventador, a vehicle that perfectly balances the ultimate driving experience with the ultimate in sports car sophistication.

The new Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster can immediately be recognized by the unique profile of its upper area, which extends along newly designed geometric lines from the removable roof to the engine hood.

The Roadster's design is the result of a careful study into the best way of combining performance, elegant style, ease of use and a driving experience that excites all five senses.

Preview
Press release

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice! I was looking at getting a used Murcialgo, but I can't seem to find ONE Performance shop owner who has ANYTHING decent to say about these cars. Given the price, you definitely get style, finese, power and looks, but what about durability and quality?? I've seen few Lambo's with over 50k on the clock.

I was telling a co-worker the other day that I'd like to see Lambo's along with some other high-end exotics compared to cars like vettes, vipers etc to test their durability and reliability. The tests would continue up to 100k miles. The cars would equally be run at low, medium and high speeds and be run on highway, city and rural roads.

All aspects of safety would be looked at, engine and driveline issues and failures, cooling and so on. I think that would be an interesting test. I figure if the Lambo's did good, then perhaps they could shake the notion that Lamborghini just doesn't build anything solid and sturdy. If they did bad, then I guess that notion would stick.

Any thoughts??

#3 ·
Yes, as a matter of fact, being an ex-testdriver I had the opportunity to test vehicles like Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Astons, Porsches. In terms of quality Lambo has evolved enormously in the last 10 years. After 2001 to be more exact. If I remember that was when they introduced the Murcielago, in Frankfurt (September). From day one the Murcielago was built to last. This was not Countach anymore. The build quality was superior to everything in the segment. (Bugatti wasn't out with the Veyron, yet) Think of a high-performance car with production Audi-like quality. Don't forget that Lamborghini had more problems already with the Aventador, due to its complicated(ness).
I'm glad to share my experience in friendly chat, but like I said i'm an ex-testdriver, so I can't really give you an insight of today's modern supercars.

#4 ·
That's pretty interesting. I do know that none of those Performance shops ever worked on a high-end exotic, so perhaps it could just be "competition" thing. There are many models of cars that I like, foreign and domestic...but some people get caught up in that "war" so to speak.

I always take into account the cost of maintenance, but it's interesting to hear that the quality is very much increased. Road and Track does a lot of testing, but nothing with regards to durability. Usually just looks and lap + track "times".

#5 ·
Off the record, once a door-handle (plastic) remained in my hand, but it was a Gallardo. Other than that the entire quality is far better than any of the Lamborghini predecessors.
Not like it's an issue, but the super-stylish Murcielago Roadster has a weird top. It is kind of hard to put on when it's raining. However without it, it looks fabulous. (better than the coupe).
Also the leather needs to be protected in the long run. When you buy a Murcielago, always check under the car. It came out with a lifting mechanism, that allowed to lift the car before speed bumps or sidewalks, but not everybody used this, if you know what I mean.

#9 ·
I'm not big on silver or white either, but I saw a balloon-white Murci that was hot!

You're right Andonis, I spent some time on a Lambo site, and the guys rave about how well engineered these machines are. They do tend to need clutches more often than the average car, but that was about the only weak spot I could find so far.

I will still have more c6 though, not giving her up for anything!

#10 ·
:thumbsup:

at least they are not burning down completely with no reason at all. :D

the C6 is one gorgeous ride. once (my first drive) i got stuck inside, I just didn't find my way out. I was looking for some hi-tech thing to let myself out. then I found it. who the hell designed that...I was like :smack. now is just a funny memory.:buhbye:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.