Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Show off your custom painted C4! NON factory colors

25K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Evilpat 
#1 ·
With all the "What's your favorite color C4" thread's this topic has been about beat to death. But all the thread's focus around the factory colors. I'm looking for NON factory colors. I want to see the custom painted C4's. I'm ready to order the paint for my 94 and can't find a color I really want.

So lets see your custom painted C4! :thumbsup:

#3 ·
Yes I'm sure. Their is not that much difference in the amount of work to do it correctly and to halfass it. Ive changed the color on c4's before. They are much more easy then most other models to change the color on IMO.
I do paint and body work every day, Its nothing new to me to spray everything correctly

#4 ·
well i found this one off the sight some time ago. I plan on doing basically the same but ill replace the black on top with OEM #57U Cyber gray from a '09 and the bottom stock OEM #81 bright red. the name of the pic is razor so ill give credit ware due it i'm going to paint in a week or 2 and ill post some before and after pics

#5 ·
Snazzy. I like it. Better than the old boring keep it stock crap. Oh my car is special, sorry but there are to many C4's with stock paint to make them not special. I would pay more for a cool paint job on a C4 than some stock original pait C4.

Keep em coming.:partyon:

#7 ·
check my avatar and pics. it is my custom color based off jaguar 1975 OEM code with a gold based primer and different metal flake (smaller sized). it is similar to mettalic tint coat but "brighter" in the sun and lighter in hue.
I've changed three cars for color and the vette is easy. no under hood matching, no finder lips, no trunk.

if you look in my pics you can see the major items that will need to be taken off except for the hatch (which was put back on before transport). once you do that the only "hard" part is the inside of the door hinge area and the lip in front of the hood. but a small touch up air brush and spraying low volume will help to ensure you don't overspray and run it trying to get the corners.

suggest a tall set of jacks to bring it up to standing height.

#8 ·
Ive painted 80% of every car Ive owned over the last 10 years. About 10 total. And I have never had an issue when picking a color. I would either go back the factory color or I had a color in mind from the start.

For some reason I can NOT figure out what color I want my 94. Its starting to become an obsession. I spent 3 hours last night google-ing for pictures. I would find a color I like, spend 30 mins searching for the paint code just to change my mind afterward! I think I'm going :crazy: :smack

I think it's because for the first time in my life I have a car I actually want to keep for a long time. Since I was 10 I wanted an admiral blue 6-speed. Now that I have one, I don't want the admiral blue :WTF

Anyone ever seen a metallic or pearl orange on a C4? Or maybe a light but bright blue?

#11 · (Edited)
Anyone ever seen a metallic or pearl orange on a C4? Or maybe a light but bright blue?
my first vette I repainted the dodge vyper blue (I think it is Lapis color code ) put a little pearl in it and it got a lot of attention and it almost glowed during the day in the sun.

#10 ·
Have you considered bright aqua metallic? This is a factory color however there weren't a lot produced. In 1995 there were 909 aqua out of 21190 built. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I do get a lot of complements on the color. It would probably be best to see the color in person.

In 1994 there were 1209 out of 23778

#13 ·
This C4 was spotted at Corvettes at Carlisle 2009:
QUOTE]

:crazy: I will pass on the chameleon paint. And the trailer hitch :laughing:

Although I did own one once. Anyone remember the 1997 "Mystic teal poly" Trans-am? It was a green that flopped to a blue. I bought one a few years ago. I loved the color (on that car only)

I'm not a fan of the c4 teal color. That color is a love it or hate it type color. I happen to be one of the people that hate it. Nothing personal.
I thinking more like this:

#14 ·
Here is some photoshop colors i did on an 84 vette when i was deciding what color to do... I just decided not to spray it at all :laughing:

I like the orange the best

#15 ·
Flip/flop colors go best on cars with a lot of curves and no lfat panles say a beetle or audi tt. personaly i have a hard time keeping any thing stock and always want to stand out, that being said for one reason or a nother a vette just dosent look good with body kits crazy paint and what not, you can put c4,c5,c6 rims on our cars and it will look awasone every time. slap on some other aftermarket rims and it looks trashy imo. same with paint but thats my 2c

#19 ·
That idea of two tone colors looks pretty slick. Post some pics of your car with Gray and red. I love that C4 in that atomic orange color in the photo shop pic. I bought mine in aqua metallic blue, and the color has grown on me. I get compliements all the time on it since it was low production compared to red, white, black.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.