Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

List of rumored C7 features

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Fattoys 
#1 ·
Here is a list of rumored C7 features that I have read about over the last several months. They range from the extremely cool to the unbelievable.

Unbelievably cool category

Engine. The LT1 is discussed in great detail by a gentleman who claims to be an "advanced combustion engineer" over at LS1tech. He states thta the motor will make 40-80hp more on E85 than it does on E10, by utilizing variable valve timing to change the dynamic compression ratio of the motor, and by possessing the capacity to tune itself automatically on the fly. Its fairly clearly stated in the discussion that the factory electronics will support very high horsepower applications including forced induction without needing an aftermarket tune. Its also stated fairly clearly that the fuel system will support huge 4-figure horsepower levels without modification.

If all, most, or even any of that is true I think it would be fairly amazing.

Engine Sound Management: the car is rumored to have 7 driver selectable exhaust sound modes: auto, stealth, city, tour, sport, track, and off.

Performance Data Recorder: "If equipped, the Performance Data Recorder (PDR) has an icon on the Home Page screen. The PDR records video, audio, and vehicle data. This data is stored on an SD Card accessible by the driver." How cool would a car that made driving videos for you be? :cheers::partyon:

And the merely cool:

Displays an gauges: these are stated to be user adjustable and able to present a wide array of information including a map of a track with the cars position, 4-direction G force, throttle, brake and steering position, and more. Basically like all the info displayed on those nifty youtube nurburgring videos and more.

Active Rev Match: the car is rumored to have a system similar to the 370z where it automatically rev matches for the driver during up and downshifts, appropriate rev level is determined by movement of the shifter.

Proper Shift Paddles: the paddles on the C6 Automatic were fairly miserable in my view, recently leaked interior sketches show properly sized and placed paddles, just like in your favorite Ferrari. However, in this case it appears they won't be linked to a state of the art dual clutch transmission, but a torque converter automatic. Hope remains that like the AMG offerings or the Lexus IS-F, it can actually shift itself fairly well.

Heated and Cooled Seats: heated seats are ok, but I would have killed for cooled seats many times driving a black C6. I got many a sweaty rear end in that car, and I think cooled seats in a 'Vette just makes sense.

In all honesty, an just in my opinion, if the car came with all of these features it would be the best new-car bargain in sports car history for anywhere near the price of a base vette, even if the seats were plywood, and the rear end came only in pink, no matter what color the rest of the car was.

See less See more
#4 ·
The Active Rev Match sounds the most intriguing since a lot of people can't heal-toe-downshift (including me). But on the other hand, I hope it can be turned off so people who know what they are doing can do it, and also still be able to teach people how.

The the 7 exhaust settings.....that seems like overkill. I only need 2....Loud & Proud and Quiet.

And the PRD, I believe, was a feature on the C6 Z06-X Concept.

#8 ·
I think the ability to make an in-car video via the car itself would be a huge hit. Its quite a PITA to try to make one.

I think Corvette has a good history of allowing functions to be shut off - AH, TC, et all, an I'm sure that the rev-matching would be no different. I'm sure with enough fine-tuning a computer coudl beat any driver at it, but a bit like launch control, it may wind up worse than a really good driver at first.

#6 ·
I have the optional C6 exhaust and have the override already and it's awsome, i love it... but dunno if you need 7 settings... maybe just "bass" and "treble" dials !
Cooled seats rule, and so do heated and cooled cupholders! a delete option with the Z06 or Z51 performance options no doubt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.