Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Update on Peter Max's Corvettes

13K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  sfallison 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Jeesh, everyone has emailed me on this.

Participating with a small team of Corvette commandos many years ago, we were able to see, touch, sit in, photograph and documented each of the 36 Corvettes. They were in TERRIBLE condition back then, and are only worse now.

At one time, the 36 Corvettes mattered to me. The '53 is worth saving, but the rest are high-mileage undesirable model Corvettes and they will never sell for what it will cost to restore them. Silly investment if you ask me.

I suspect once they get the bill for restoring the '53 (it was in ROUGH shape and missing SO MANY original parts), the rest of the Corvettes will end up on Craigslist.

End of statement.:buhbye:

#11 ·
At one time, the 36 Corvettes mattered to me. The '53 is worth saving, but the rest are high-mileage undesirable model Corvettes and they will never sell for what it will cost to restore them. Silly investment if you ask me.
That;s like most restores of any car. Someone will spend 50K on a 30K car

#8 ·
Sorry for spamming your FB Pat :D

Men, I almost lost my password, it's been that long since i've been here:spanked:

But yeah, finally they are moving!
Restore that '53 and give the rest away to some automotive schools and get a rest-mod build off with some cool shops or something!:thumbsup:

#9 ·
Restore that '53 and give the rest away to some automotive schools and get a rest-mod build off with some cool shops or something!:thumbsup:
If I remember correctly that '53 had a lot of fiberglass work in the trunk area from the days when fiberglass repair was in it's infancy. When you opened the trunk it was obvious there had been some pretty major work done. It looked to me, and I'm certainly no expert, that the work had been done late 60's or early 70's.

Here is a youtube clip of some of the original news footage about the give away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfLvn-tjHVA

Interview about how the contest was derived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0b5SsbpptE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.