Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

I'm ordering a C7 in the morning

8K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  dreamcars99 
#1 ·
All day I have talked 'Vettes with my best bud, and we have had much rum.

I've made peace with the origami arse hattish rear end. i'll live with it.

What I can't live with is another summer without a 'Vette. Last summer I had an F430 instead of my Z06 and ... dear lord did I miss that vette. On exhaust note alone, I missed it. I must have one.

I love them, I cheer for them, they are my countries car. And that adds an extra thrill to driving them. So, screw it, I'm ordering a C7 tomorrow morning. However homely its rear end is, at this point I've little doubt that it'll be a great car. And .... I will try to master it, and I will have so much fun, hearing a vette again.

Hope you all are well.

#2 ·
All day I have talked 'Vettes with my best bud, and we have had much rum.

I've made peace with the origami arse hattish rear end. i'll live with it.

What I can't live with is another summer without a 'Vette. Last summer I had an F430 instead of my Z06 and ... dear lord did I miss that vette. On exhaust note alone, I missed it. I must have one.

I love them, I cheer for them, they are my countries car. And that adds an extra thrill to driving them. So, screw it, I'm ordering a C7 tomorrow morning. However homely its rear end is, at this point I've little doubt that it'll be a great car. And .... I will try to master it, and I will have so much fun, hearing a vette again.

Hope you all are well.
Let us know if you changed your mind once the rum wore off. :D

Make sure you send some vid clips of it when it arrives!

:thumbsup:

Reactions: Aleem 1983
#11 ·
:agree:
Curious if the Camo package will also be available for Z06's. Will it be a full body wrap as we have seen in all the pictures? Available as a production option or just offered as a priority dealer only installed Bra and Panty package for just the front and rear. :huh:

#18 ·
no way, I can't wait to drive that car in the snow once I get blizzaks on it and shovel it out, its garage door currently has about a 3' x 10' drift in front of it. And I am very curious to check it out in warm temps when those tires really get grippy.

Thanks for the replies, gents (and ladies if applicable), I'm pretty stoked about being first in line for a C7 in my town. I've never had "the very latest thing" in a car before.

I'm sure it will have some first year problems, I'm equally sure it will promptly be improved in 15 ways each of the next 3 years and rendered out of date, but... What I really want is the Z06 of the C7, the naturally aspirated supercar. I have little interest in a mega-power turbo car, with a muted lame exhaust note and such. So I'll trade the old C7 off on such a car when it arrives.

And my friend, who I don't get to see all that often anymore, had a really interesting point about Corvettes.

He said that Corvettes have been their greatest, in design, an in the general obsession of the public with them, when they took risks and made big changes. The C2 was as radical as anything probably ever released, the C3 was a massive departure as well. And, he observed, if electric cars would have been superior in 1912, we'd all drive them, and then people would get up in arms at the absurdity of gas cars, if they had just reached the market, and they'd have politcians and pundits yapping about their awfulness, just like the Volt does today.

And think ahead 100 years, would we be pleased with Corvette if it still looked like a C6? We would be irate and it would be long gone.

So while I wish taht the designers had stuck to the rum while designing that rear end, and laid off the mescaline, it will ultimately be a good thing that they are moving on and making changes.

#22 ·
See gents, and ladies, I have a sneeking feeling that the 'Vette team may actually make a drivable car this time around.

I think it may be great, to a mere mortal of a driver, to a civilian.

And how awesome would combining that noise, and some composure, be? Maybe the best sports car around?

I'm in, I'm going to take my chances on the designers and engineers. And... the tendency of GM to be unbelievably courteous about warrantied repairs. lol

#25 ·
I think 92Roadster doesn't beleive you really put the deposits down on the C7. If I were you, I'd just post shots of the deposits to prove your telling it straight. Be done with it.

FWIW

#26 ·
I agree, I think we are going to see these threads again.:rolleyes: Fun times await. How much over MSRP did you agree on? Oh wait.... You're going to buy it for invoice.:partyon::rolleyes: At least we have "real world corners" to keep us entertained with your story..:rolling:

Jr.

#27 ·
FWIW I would love to be the first to own the C7 in my neighborhood too. Butt(pun intended) design wise I think I would wait until it's revealed. It could sound better than a hundred ferraris if it looks like the **** we've seen I will have to pass on this generation. Unless I become one of them "they will get used to it guys" if I upgrade it will be a C6.

#29 ·
Dreamcars99, looks like 92Roadster is going to keep coming at you until you confirm your orders. I've seen him chase you on other threads. Your credibility is being challenged.

Show him you're not BSing. Post a shot of the paperwork.

#33 ·
NM, I get it, this is the internet version of the old playground pee-distance-measuring contest. Dude, why on earth is it difficult to believe somebody went to a dealership or two and asked to get in line for a C7, perhaps ponying up what amounts to an earnest money check?

I'm not honestly sure what "proof" you're looking for, but this is a pic of my GT-R, and my lp-560, they are both paid for. :)

Chill? :cheers::cheers:

Attachments

#35 ·
....(your response)....:WTF

..... apparently you don't read your own posts, or replys to
them by other members but that's okay, I never expected you
to answer my post anyways, as an other member stated "you
dont' owe me or any ones else any type of proof", he is 100%
correct so I will drop the intrusion into the validity of your
post.....:huh:

#36 ·
....is this an act, I really don't believe your serious by reading
your posts, I get this feeling your a kid posting trying to come
across as an adult........:huh:

and we have had much rum
getting drunky
I've never had "the very latest thing" in a car before.
I'm horridly curious what you're wishing for here? A pic of my check? Dear jeebers.

#38 ·
I don't mean this combatively, just in fun, but...

we could possibly have a little fun with this. If I have not owned any and every car I've mentioned in a post here, ... like say we get a 3rd party law firm, to whom I will supply VIN #s etc, I buy you a C7, if I am just a guy stating his honest opinoin, you pay for mine. Provided such an arrangement is legal. And that you can afford your end.

Be fun and probably draw a ton of attention to digital corvettes. Maybe be an easy way for you to get a new C7? :) Oh and btw, the first time in my life I had a new piece of clothing was 1992, when I got my first job, and bought a Genera sweatshirt at the mall. Everything before that was hand me downs. :) And while I do apologize for my apparently poor writing skills, I'm not sure I'd pick a pickle with a poor boy made good. And if I win my C7 will be very loaded indeed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.