Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Car & Driver C7

20K views 67 replies 25 participants last post by  Blast 
#1 ·
More renderings.

See less See more
#59 ·
The tail end rear facia of the Corvette Stingray
Concept, but somehow the bezels for the lights were lost in translartion from the Concept to what we are seeing int the renderings and CADs.
Chris Draper had voiced the same observation a while back. You guys might very well be correct ... that the black pointy things were a nod to the Transformer's Sting Ray, making the bezels Camaro / Transformers hybrid designs.

#62 ·
I'm on the fence about if I like it or not. I'll make up my mind when I see it in person (or at least real pictures and not game pics/renderings/etc, however correct they may be they may be really close but they could have some detail wrong that just tips the scale for me).

I'm all for modernizing stuff, but I think I'll miss the plain 4 rear lights in the distance look. But we'll see. Things change at some points, sometimes to the better, sometimes to the worse, and sometimes they're a transition from something good, something not so good to something great.

But I thought of the StingRay concept pic myself before when I saw the "teardrop/batman mask/whatchamacallit" and I just wondered if they focused hard on the concept and what people liked about it.

To me, on the concept, that teardrop (I'm using that word for now, Batman Mask is too long to write each time) looked way mean. On the C7 renderings .. I donno. I'll make up my mind when I see it better.

// Stefan

#63 ·
Stockholm!! How cool!

Great to see the Vette has fans in Sweden!!! And your post points out the fact all this is subjective."Way mean" to you, in this example, looks "way juvenile" to me.

Cobras and Vipers don't have to try and look "way mean." They just are. Just like any 63-71 Stingray.

#65 ·
I've always liked american cars, I'm gonna use broad statements now but I prefer american built sports or muscle-cars to anything european or japanese.

I was on the verge of buying a 'vette a few years ago but some negatives happened in my life that made me change plans and timescale, now it's looking to be a few more years but when I get there it'll be a blast (no pun intended).

I've been following DC since before I created the account which was quite a while ago. Wow, 2003, ok, yeah that was a while ago. Coming up on 10 years @ dc so I've gone through all the spy-pics and photo-op pictures of the C6 as well as everything later and I'm always on reading about something 'vette.

I know there's a following here in Sweden of 'vette owners and lovers but I've never gotten in contact with them, the only time I came across one was at a gas station and the person unfortunately was a snob, who, when I just said "nice car", looked at my car and then said "yeah.. ok.. thanx.. but what do you know.." and just left. He had a "Corvette Sweden" sticker on his car, which as far as I know is the largest 'vette community in Sweden.

Anyway, back on topic. I call it like I see it. If i had my choice I'd prolly be rolling in a GS 427 or Z06 about now, I'm not much for econoboxes or "cars" as wide as two bikes. Wide, mean and sound like they mean business is the way I like it.

Which is not what I'm rolling in unfortunately although I like what I drive but it doesn't compare (SAAB 9-5 Aero SportCombi if anyone cares).

Reason I'm here ? I love 'Vettes. After visiting several other 'vette forums this is the one with the friendliest people and the people that know the most. Doesn't mean I agree with everybody, but that's my prorogative I guess :)

// Stefan

#66 ·
Thanks for share Stefan. We have different levels of snobs here too. I'm sure you're familiar with "The Wave" - all (...or most) vette drivers wave at each other when we see each other on the road.

There are some who either don't know about the wave and think the waving driver is nuts or they simply refuse to acknowledge their fellow vette owner. These are almost always drivers of the C5s or C6s.

Guess I've been lucky not to ever have encountered a vetter at a gas station who behaved like that, but I'm sure we must have some here too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.