Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

performance chip

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
Hey guys and girls I have a 2000 corvette targa top coupe totally stock. I have done search on performance chips and just wondering what you have had best luck with? I am not looking to do alot to performance on the car, just maybe better gas mileage. thanks

#2 ·
Then put your money back in your pocket and don't waste your time looking for a chip. What you have read thus far has been bloated information with bloated numbers. If you want better gas mileage, make sure your injectors are clean, your coil packs are working, use top tier gas and keep the proper amount of air in your tires. You spark plugs should be good up to around 100,000 miles unless someone put some el cheapo's in there.

There's another recent thread that talks about performance chips. Do a search for it.

#3 ·
I dealt with that stuff quite a bit. A chip type tune is useless. A handheld tuner is much better if you want to change your intake and tires size that's where you may pick up a few hp. But a Dyno tune is the only real power getter with a computer. Even then if there is no mods done you still won't get much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.