Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

For those who think the rear resembles a Camaro

36K views 205 replies 60 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 · (Edited)
#52 ·
This thread goes to show how easy some people are to please. :crazy:

I guess when GM sets the bar so low for so many years, anything "new" looks great to some.

To see all the things wrong with this car design, you have to look beyond the shiny paint.

#53 ·
I must admit that after watching the unveil last night my first thought was of how they dropped the ball on the rear end. But after seeing the comparison on this thread, it's kind of growing on me. I reserve judgement until I see it in person. At least they moved the corvette name to the middle of the bumper where it belongs.

#56 ·
Funny how most of the people that don't like it are ones with older vettes and probably would not buy a new one no matter what it looked like, but most of the ones with newer cars and are the target market are the ones that like it. I am not saying all.

I am in the market for a car similar to this and the corvette was not even on my list. After seeing this it is now near the top of my list with the GTR (used one) and the porsche 997tt. I can't wait to read some reviews and see one in person!

#60 ·
Even though I don't like the narrow rear window, two tone paint on the rear, or the tail lights I just got back from the Chevy dealer..... I put a deposit down for their first car. What a steal at only $28,000 over sticker. :thumbsup:

#67 ·
THE VIPER HAS CARAVAN TAILLIGHTS! OMG, I HATE IT, ITS SO UGLY!!!! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!!

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

#69 ·
Honestly, the Viper taillights look more like the Caravan taillights then the C7 taillights look like the Camaro taillights.......damn that's a lot of taillights. :rolling:

#70 ·
One thing is indesputable: The C7 design, far more than any past Corvette design has polarized Corvette loyalists (the GM term).

Even GM will tell you that the taillights were "inspired by the Camaro design that has also "inspired" the Malibu and several concepts. As for the rest of the rear design, if you like it great, a lot of us don't.

It is what it is. We can all yell at each other until the C8 comes out, or recognize that some like it, some detest it. the marketplace will decide, not posts here.

#80 ·
I can live with the lights, it's the stupid vents that kill it for me!! I totally understand they're functional and that's all good! What I can't understand is the masked-bandit look to them!! They are just extremely weird, especially being black instead of body-color. Two things I do like about the rear are that they put the Corvette logo back in the middle where it belongs and I really like that the lines from the rear window continue on down into the lines on the inside of the taillights! Make it three, I like that the lower part is painted black on the red one because that's a mod a lot of C5 guys do! The front, sides and interior are KILLER!!!

#87 ·
Good job on the ROUND light treatment Fluffy! I've got a feeling that the aftermarket will give us this option at some point in the near future! :thumbsup:

#88 ·
I can't find a good picture, but to me the backend looks like the bucktooth robot from Futurama. I am on a system without a way to highlight a picture, or I would draw the outline...

I can't unsee it.

(Like the Ferrari F12 rear-end that looks like the female reproductive system.)
http://iedeiblog.com/2012/03/08/ferrari-f12-is-inspired-by-the-uterus/

Attachments

#89 ·
With the angular taillights I see camaro. With the Horizontal reflectors I see CTS, the only place I see corvette is the center where they had to spell it out for me. The more I search out pictures and angles of it the more I am sticking to my original feeling. It's Hideous, radically new yes, but ultimately hideous.

#92 ·
Is there really any doubt that Mid America already has these, or something very similar to these, designed and ready to be produced? Anyone really doubt this?

These will be $$$ too. New bezel, lenses and LED mounts.

#91 ·
Someone with good photochop skills paint the vent area body color around the taillights with the rounds in it and see how that looks!!

#99 ·
Fluffy's version makes me think of a pissed off owl (picture link), but with an extra set of eyes. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, because owls are badass. Wachuko's version makes me think of a pissed T-800 from Terminator (picture link), but again, with an extra set of eyes .

I'm not one of the people who dislikes the C7 taillights, but I'm still interested to see what the aftermarket comes up with.

#115 ·
If you look at the picture above, the Camaro taillights, they are ROUND inside the squareish housing......inspired by the Corvette?

Therefore the C7 taillights were inspired by the Corvette?

My logic is true. :laughing:

#116 ·
You can try all you want but that ass still looks like a Camaro, will always look like a Camaro and if more than 2 people can see it, so can anyone else. The thing screams of Camaro and if it didn't, this would not be a discussion on every Corvette board.

#122 ·
It looks as much like a Camaro as a Traverse does... As stated before, there is family resemblance - as has always been the case with the Corvette & Camaro - and that's it.

To say it "screams of Camaro" is simply insane. I mean inane. Hell, I mean BOTH (;))

For God's sake, the tail lights aren't even the same friggin shape.

I think I know what your tirade is all about, and don't worry man, people will still think your C5 is cool. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.