Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Official Stingray Engineering Video

4K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Fattoys 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Thanks Andonis!

Very much appreciate this video, and the others you have posted on this forum.

This one is an exciting look at what is going on right now behind the closed doors of the Bowling Green plant, showing the C7 being assembled with part of the $131M spent to upgrade the plant. Great find!

#4 ·
Very much appreciate this video, and the others you have posted on this forum.

This one is an exciting look at what is going on right now behind the closed doors of the Bowling Green plant, showing the C7 being assembled with part of the $131M spent to upgrade the plant. Great find!
I am glad you like it. Thanks for the appreciation. :thumbsup:
I do my best :)

#7 ·
50% stiffer is key.. The other issue with all the new regulations coming from the GOVERMENT it is getting tougher for manufactures to make lighter cars... I owned a C6 Z06 but I still feel the refined better built C7 will be a much better car, but then again time will tell.

#8 ·
The chassis is 50% stiffer and meets tougher crash standards while at the same time being 99 pounds lighter. So that throws out the Government regulation theory on weight for the C7....

We know that some weight was added with the engine and engine management as well as getting AFM refined on the C7. The LT1 is I believe 15 pounds heavier then the LS3 and the extra computers for the LT1 systems also added weight along with a heavier torque tube. I am also guessing that the 7 speed manual transmission is also heavier then the 6 speed that it replaces. However this only accounts for about 50 pounds of added mass to the vehicle.

What also hurts that theory is the fact that the Corvette C7s biggest rival the Porsche Boxster, Cayman, and 911 all lost weight. If Porsche drops anymore weight from the 911 then it is going to be a sub 3,000 pound car and BTW the 911 also grew in size while the Boxster in base form is a 2,800 pound car.

Reactions: stinger430
#14 ·
Weight is one reason I own a Lotus with a Super-Charger Picture in my avitar.
this as was stated before comes down to the change in focus for the C7 to being more of a GT.

The big question here is will this pay off in the market place, I actually do think that it will pay off in the market place. If you could have a car that has the steering of a Porsche, the ability to change directions of a Lotus, with the ride of a Mercedes I think that is a solid combination. It is just that some would want a solid sports car instead and a 3,000 pound C7 would have made a big statement to the world about GMs engineering abilities. Now it looks as though the C7 will be a good 200 pounds heavier then a just as big and with a back seat Porsche 911.

#18 ·
Bang for the buck

Okay lets put this to rest peeps, a corvette rolling across auction block brings HMMMMMM at Barrett, then a Porsche? to all, Bang for the buck the vette is better I don't care about its, competition, I get thumbs up driving a vette and the finger for Euro car. Trust me I had both. If I want to out run everbody Then I would build a kit car....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.