Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

C5 dead battery

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  D-Day 
#1 ·
Im sure this has been asked before, but I havnt run across the answer so here it is. How long can my C5 be parked before I will most likely have to jump start it? The battery is 6 months old, 650 CCA Interstate, and seems to be in fine condition. Naturally it is put away for the winter and wont see the street for a couple months, and Im pretty sure it wont go that long, but what is "normal"?

#4 ·
Most tenders will shut off when the battery hits about 12+ volts and will turn back on when the volts drop below 12. It is safe to leave a tender on the car for a long time because it is a trickle charge, if in fact it is a tender and not a charger. My tender will be on my 05' for 3-4 months during winter. Only time I take it off is when I'll let the car idle every few weeks or so for 20 minutes; to keep everything moving.

#6 ·
Thanks. That's the answer I was looking for. Im thinking the battery is less than 700 cca. Not sure about the ra#, but I will take the cover off tomorrow and check it out. I just didn't want to have to deal with the maintainer during the summer months if I didn't have to. Im sure it will be taken out at least once a month when the weather is nice. I have other things to drive in nice weather, so it wont get taken out every day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.