Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

LS3 crate motor info

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Vindication 
#1 ·
For all those who wondered or just want to get rid of that lack luster LS2(just kidding) GM will be offering the LS3 as a crate motor sometime in Nov. They will include a more aggressive cam, producing 485HP for EFI and 500HP carburated. So long,expensive LS7s......these are gonna be well under $9K complete from what I understand.

#2 ·
$9k But tell me how that would be better than a Kenne Bell Supercharger and 550+rwhp?? there due out in Oct.....Or a Maggie w/headers, cust tune, smaller pulley, 7psi 550+ rwhp too or Centrifugal P1 or D1s & 700+rwhp:huh:

Or head/cam installed out the door 480 rwhp for $4500?? I've got quotes from 4 diff tuners add headers $2k more 500rwhp

I appreciate what you're doing but just asking for the price the LS2 is no slouch when modded:huh:

#5 ·
I TOTALLY AGREE with C6Rluvur..... Let's not forget that the LS7 bore creates thinner piston walls than the LS2 so it is more difficult and risky to mod these engines and put the same kind of boost into them (as you can with an LS2). I have reached the upper limits with my LS2 and so rather than switch to an LS3 or and LS7, I'm going whole hog with an LS7X Warhwawk block.

Doc

#6 ·
Considering that the LS6 (405 hp)crate motor is available for around 4700 dollars (with some distributor discounts) will the ls3 be available at a similiar price down the road?

I think with a nice set of longtubes and an air filter the motor should put out a warrantied 460hp.

Thats pretty cool for those that like the reliability of a stock GM crate motor.

If I ever needed a motor in my c5 Z06 I'd go that route if it could work without tearing apart the motor (reluctor wheel issue)

Doubt I'd ever need it but it sure is a nice way to go if and when it becomes possible.

#8 ·
Wonder if there would be any computer issues being used to replace a LS1 ??

#9 ·
Ls3

I want to intro myself to this new forum, tezwizard52, don'y ask how I came up with this name. Anyway, I just purchased a brand new LS3 Crate Engine Compltete a couple of days ago can anyone give me a place to find the engine wiring harness?

I think I have everything else.

I apprciate any help given.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.