Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

This is the electric light conversion I was talking about

54K views 222 replies 37 participants last post by  slofut 
#1 ·
Who does this car belong to? Nice setup, this is what I plan to do.

See less See more
#82 ·
Okay well, I got my motors in, but have a slight problem, as you can see in the video below, the headlight will go from all the way down, to up but its not quite fully up. then when i put the other trigger on it will go just a little up and then go back all the way down. im assuming this is just adjustment in the rod length? Does anyone know what i need to do to get them to both work the right way? Both sides do this, but the pass side is worse than the driver side.

#83 ·
Cycle the motor so the headlight is in the up position. Now loosen the bolt on the arm, and rotate the arm so that the light is all the way up. It shouldn't be more than a spline or two at the most. Retighten the arm and test it again. I had the same issue and that fixed it. If that doesn't correct the issue, you may need to adjust the length on the rods a half or whole turn. Let us know how it works.

#85 ·
Just an FYI but Timberwolf over on the other forum that will not allow this stuff has some Pre Made Brackets for Cheap. I think he said he had 6 sets left of Steel.

But if enough people want them in Stainless he can also have those laser cut.

I have not been around the forums much for awhile but I can see that the other forum is now much worse than before. So I think I will posting here more often. :)

#87 ·
I am sorry his actual Forum Member Name is TimberwolfFXDL

And the Steel Brackets are I think $19.00 per set mailed. I mean if you really wish to make your own great. But if one can not do so or does now wish to run around to get the stuff to make them with then this is a good option in my opinion.

I have no connection with the person that is selling them to help others except for the fact that I ordered a set. Should have them in a few days.

Here is a picture of the Brackets from TimberwolfFXDL you will note the elongated Laser cut holes of which are a guide line for the bend.

#100 ·
Not odd at all. Being visible makes them something that can or could be dressed up. I was thinking stainless or aluminum, since both can be polished without the tremendous cost of chroming. Neither rust and will look great. I with you. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.