[CORVETTE DUNGEON!] Found them! First photos of Peter Max's new Corvette dungeon - Page 2 - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > General Corvette Topics > Peter Max's Corvettes
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

Peter Max's Corvettes A dedicated section for the lost Corvettes of Brooklyn.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 02-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #16
-=Jeff=-
El Teafive

Member #2

My Corvette(s)
1990 ZR-1 #1051

Hey look at the bright side.. with them sitting there at least the 53 will be left alone
-=Jeff=- is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
-=Jeff=-
1990 ZR-1 #1051
NCM Lifetime Member #978

Useful Links: C4 Tech info|C3 Tech Info|Adam's Polishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #17
RedVette24
I like men.

Member #73388

My Corvette(s)
A Red one , of course. And now a White one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
I wonder how many others have the back end ripped off. I tend to agree, these cars aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

PS: What's the address?
I would bet they are still in Brooklyn , not far from the previous location , which is being leveled to make the New NETS Stadium .
RedVette24 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #18
moore_rb
DC Crew

Member #1975

My Corvette(s)
No Corvette Anymore

Boy. This sure brings back some cool memories....

moore_rb is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....
-Paul Fix.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:23 PM   #19
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVette24 View Post
I would bet they are still in Brooklyn , not far from the previous location , which is being leveled to make the New NETS Stadium .
There's no way they are tearing down that condo building to build the Nets arena. The Times article said they were in Manhattan. I bet the writer of that article is the one who got these new photos.
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #20
Admiral-FX3
DC Crew

Member #74573

My Corvette(s)
2001 M6 Z51 triple black

Question

I am a little lost on this story. What was the significance of the owner? Why are these cars so poorly stored and in poor condition? Why was the collection moved?

Can someone bring me up to speed on this story?
Admiral-FX3 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #21
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral-FX3 View Post
I am a little lost on this story. What was the significance of the owner? Why are these cars so poorly stored and in poor condition? Why was the collection moved?

Can someone bring me up to speed on this story?
Browse this thread: http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...ad.php?t=37167
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #22
RedVette24
I like men.

Member #73388

My Corvette(s)
A Red one , of course. And now a White one.

Quote:
There's no way they are tearing down that condo building to build the Nets arena. The Times article said they were in Manhattan. I bet the writer of that article is the one who got these new photos.
I am pretty sure they were in a building near the old Daily News location off of Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn. And , Yes. I believe those Condo Owners fell into the "Eminate Domain" bullshit and the arena is going up!
RedVette24 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2010, 07:50 PM   #23
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVette24 View Post
I am pretty sure they were in a building near the old Daily News location off of Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn. And , Yes. I believe those Condo Owners fell into the "Eminate Domain" bullshit and the arena is going up!
as long as it isn't my house

Either way, I've examined those pictures intensely and have determined that the paint on the walls in the new photos is only used in Manhattan. That's definitley a Manhattan garage.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #24
Patrick
DC Crew

Member #1

My Corvette(s)
Current: 2003 Convertible .... Previous: 1996, 1996 GS, 2001 vert, 2002 Z06, 2003, 2007 Z51, etc...

Quote:
Nope. It was a DC member. A 100% fact. A DC member discovered the location. Another DC member obtained the photos. No outside help whatsover. Prior to the tip, we didn't even know what state the cars were in. These members ROCK.
Patrick is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #25
LS7x
DC Crew

Member #99131

My Corvette(s)
Custom Supercharged 2007 C6 Vert 427 LS7 Warhawk 1964 C2 Extreme Corvettes Pro-Street Car

Hey... bet if we showed up... most likely this garage is not being really used for public parking... and would have no attendent or security on premises... if you look closly at the windows... you can see the old alarm system foil outdated system... which mean no working alarms......on the garage..... ...... could we and would we dare....? Just kidding dont get any ideas.... but in the true interest of justice.. we really should save them.
LS7x is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #26
Jim Cahill
DC Crew

Member #99810

My Corvette(s)
1994 Black ZR1, 1996 LT1 Polo Green, 1978 Pace Car

Greetings Fellow Corvette friends

Thanks Patrick for squaring me away and getting me an account...this is my first post-wanted to make sure it works
thanks looking forward to a rocket ride & "what's NEXT" in cool corvette TV adventures...

Like I said in my private email-I am a huge fan of what you and the community are doing...and I look forward to sharing what I know and have in my archive and imagination.

For fellow friends of digital corvettes-I am the creator and producer of the original VH1 Corvette Collection and will be working with Patrick to show everyone all my video, promos archive photos, press clips and new stuff with the community.

Thanks for having me as a member-looking forward to having some fun.

FYI-I have a 96 LT1 Polo Green C4 & the 78 Pace car.

Peace.

Jim Cahill
Jim Cahill is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #27
Vette Girl TV
Becky Anderson

Member #71965

My Corvette(s)
2003 Spiral Grey Metallic Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cahill View Post
Thanks Patrick for squaring me away and getting me an account...this is my first post-wanted to make sure it works
thanks
looking forward to a rocket ride & "what's NEXT" in cool corvette TV adventures...

Like I said in my private email-I am a huge fan of what you and the community are doing...and I look forward to sharing what I know and have in my archive and imagination.

For fellow friends of digital corvettes-I am the creator and producer of the original VH1 Corvette Collection and will be working with Patrick to show everyone all my video, promos archive photos, press clips and new stuff with the community.

Thanks for having me as a member-looking forward to having some fun.

FYI-I have a 96 LT1 Polo Green C4 & the 78 Pace car.

Peace.

Jim Cahill
Great to have you here! Nice to finally meet the creator and producer behind the VH1 Corvette giveaway!

What are your thoughts when you see the Corvettes in their current state?

We are pretty hard on the Corvettes we own, but this type of casual neglect makes me steamed. These are peoples dream cars! Somebody should be enjoying them and loving them.

~Becky
Vette Girl TV is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Check out all the episodes at www.vettegirl.tv.

Huge thanks to Vette Girl TV show sponsors!

BRAKES PLUS
Official Corvette Technician of Vette Girl!
Contact: Al Dashto, Des Plaines Illinois - 847.827.9900 (EMAIL)

TIRE DEALS 4 LESS
Official Tire Sponsor of Vette Girl! (WEBSITE)

BONDURANT RACING SCHOOL
Official Racing School of Vette Girl!

TORCO RACING FUELS
Distributor: Joel Feingold (EMAIL | WEBSITE)

WWW.VETTEGIRL.TV
Old 02-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #28
Jim Cahill
DC Crew

Member #99810

My Corvette(s)
1994 Black ZR1, 1996 LT1 Polo Green, 1978 Pace Car

Hi Becky...thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks...

my reaction to seeing what Peter Max has done (not done) with the Corvette Collection is mixed...

a) on one hand-of course he's the biggest fool in history for not even investing in car covers to keep the grime off them...in fact-when we shipped him the Corvettes-I asked his production manager if he wanted me to include car covers and they said..."No thanks..we'll take it from here." It was 2500 bucks for covers and they refused to make that simple investment. Oh well. I think that cost them a million bucks in the long run. I also offered them the services of an expert on long term classic car storage who would have helped them remove batteries, cover them properly and mount the cars on blocks to save the rubber, but again-they flat out refused. Oh well. By then, I had freight on board and all I could do was wave. They even refused simple 6 mil plastic covering to insure against fluid drips during cross country semi trailer transport.

Ouch!

I was in complete control of the Corvette collection for 16 months and not only did I have them detailed every six weeks-I had a company that specialized in car prep for commercials on retainer and every time I took them out and photographed them or shot film/video- we dusted them, polished them and upon completion of the creative assignment- covered them. (I will be sharing all my photos, archives, videos and on air promos in the coming weeks on this site exclusively)

b) on the other hand-Peter's mistreatment of the collection has made for a very strange, unique "urban legend" and what comes NEXT will/should be VERY VERY VERY interesting...

Stay tuned & stay in touch!

Peace
Jim Cahill
Jim Cahill is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2010, 10:57 PM   #29
Longtimer
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #3668

My Corvette(s)
'07 Z51 6Mn NCM delivery, '79 L82 4 sp gymk - Gone '87 Z52 4+3, 76 L-82 4 spd

Since these poor vettes first surfaced on DC ...

Many times over the years, I've wondered if we would ever hear anything again about Max vettes, or if they would be quietly sold off ... or heaven forbid Max would actually resume his paint-stupid-patterns-on-classic-corvettes-project.

DC members were as frustrated and angry back then as many of you are today. It's interesting to read very similar posts from you who are first discovering this miscarriage of tradition and disrespect of Corvette heritage.

I hope this move signals some positive change in destiny for the VH1 collection, but at this point those old feelings of frustration are rising to a boil again.

Regardless, know they are still together is better than not knowing at all. Thanks to Patrick and to the DC members who have assisted in shedding a new light on these poor Corvettes.
Longtimer is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
'07:bought from a former sponsor, Z06 wheels and Vararam from former sponsors, Various accessories from Corvette Central and Corvette America. B&B Fusions with Corsa X pipe. Shine from Adam's
'87: refurbished all interior with parts from Corv Central '79: Interior refurb = Corvette America, and Corvette Central, T1Rs, Foose Legends
DC Sponsors
________________________________________ ________

Corvette ownership is like owning your own fountain of youth ... and we get a sip from it each time the signal turns green. Watching for C8 fixes & improvements
Old 02-13-2010, 11:28 PM   #30
Drakarula
DC Crew

Member #33866

My Corvette(s)
None yet

Looks like a job for the Junkman! HE can make a new video how to polish of years of grime!
Drakarula is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
You should always go to other people's funerals, otherwise, they won't come to yours.
Yogi Berra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.