Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Are you happy with your window tint?

23K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  Longtimer 
#1 ·
Just got a new Black on Black GS and am getting it tinted next week. Going to do the front windshield in a transparent film that blocks UV. And the rest of it in 15%

I was going to do 30% but tested out a piece to look through and didn't think it was all that dark so decided on 15%

Doing this all in Llumar as from what I have researched it seems to be the best.

So what I am wondering is for those who have tint....are you happy with it and do you feel that you chose the right darkness to suit your needs?

Would you rather it be darker or lighter or is it just right?

Thanx In Advance!!!

#3 ·
I love mine during the day, but like Patrick, at night its a little dark out the back:D

But search through some of the tinting threads, there is one I remember that we all uploaded a lot of pics and the pros and cons of the %'s.

#5 ·
NO, but i rather not make a big deal about it , due to Poncherello told me to use his guy, but i didnt and really dislike the way the tint came out on my windows, yea the darkness is OK, but alot of blemishes though:devil:

#7 ·
Thanx for the replies.

I'm planning to use a guy here in Cincinnati who has been installing for 22 years and was referred to me by a lot of people.

Of course the 15% I want to use is way beyond the legal limit here of 50% but everyone around has darker than that anyway and they say that they have never been stopped just for tint. Likewise my no front plate seems to be deemed the same way.

I was planning the 30% but when I hung some up and checked it, it just didn't look right for my taste. It's been 15 years since my last Vette and I know a lot has changed since then, but I think that the Llumar is going to look really good. I just hope the night time will not be too dark.

I'll post photos when it is all done

#8 ·
I've got 5% on the doors and rear. I've been running that dark for nearly 10 yrs, I can't imagine anything diff.
Before I had mine tinted, a friend had his C5 done 20% on the doors and 5% on the rear and mentioned that after being in mine he wished he had gone darker.

#9 ·
I did 15% all the way around except the windshield and I love it. 5% is too hard to see out of at night.

#11 ·
The tint I have on my 91 Z-28 is 2.5% on glass....at night I can barely see out of it. When I replace the door glass on my vette (it is scratched up) I will probably go 20% sides and back.

#13 ·
WTB transitions-style window tint!

#14 ·
What did you finally use? I want to get Llumar in my C6 as well. It comes in several "flavors" as well as degrees of tint. The one I'd like to get is CTX. It's new and doesn't block signals (GPS, tire sensors, radar, etc.), but it seems to block heat better than most of their other products.

#19 ·
Thank You

I was planning to get 5% as I had on my previous Vette but after my displeasure with the darker tint at night, I decided to get the new 30% Llumar which...after a few weeks testing....I am extremely pleased with having. I also am glad that I got the front windshield tint with their new Air Blue. Can't even notice it but it cuts down a LOT of the heat I was having before the install.

#20 ·
I could never see out of my 5% at night so i stripped it. I also had red tint on a red car and it looked demonic :devil: but you couldn't tell headlights from taillights at night...

#21 ·
I've had darkest tint on all my previous vettes. Helps makes the interior last longer here in So Cal. Given that it's black and not really reflective, I doubt if tint really makes the car any cooler. The windows get hotter than they otherwise would and create more of an oven effect. But as I said, it reduces the rays hitting the leather and carpet.

My C4 had "graffite" interior and the blue tint acrylic top. VERY dark tint on the rear window with moderate on the sides. After 17 years I replaced the leather and carpet. The leather was more worn out than dried out and not very faded. The carpet under the hatch was a bit faded but not as bad as one would expect in the usual 17 year old, 120k mile vette in 350-sunny-day-SoCal.

#24 ·
I've had darkest tint on all my previous vettes. Helps makes the interior last longer here in So Cal.
What cause the fading problem is the UV that gets through

You can get a lighter tint that has heavy UV blocking and that is all you need....one of the main reasons I got the windshield tinted with that new Air Blue and I really loving that I do so

#22 ·
anyone know any good tint places in illinois? i want 15% all around.

#23 ·
I was not real picky with my window tint. I went with the legal limits for the area @ 20% and 30%. Tint man told me the numbers actually 18% and 28% per the particular manufacture. I am very happy with it so far only a few days old. I will re-post after our road trip and see if that changes :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.