ALMS @ Mosport - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > General Corvette Topics > Corvette Road Racing / Drag Racing / Autocross / HPDE
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

Corvette Road Racing / Drag Racing / Autocross / HPDE
Discuss racing, car prep, racing schools, HPDE's, and other track topics.

Sponsored by: Pfadt Race Engineering
Pfadt Race Engineering

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 08-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
Chris Draper
DC Crew

Member #3332

ALMS @ Mosport

Watch the
Mosport race
August 29, 2010
4:00 p.m. ET

Ticket Info

Race Schedule

Entry List

Spotters Guide

Track Map

Live Timing and Scoring

Radio Le Mans

Qualifying will be shown Saturday on Speedtv.com

Corvette Racing is on their way to Mosport to test on Wednesday before the race weekend.

This is the track that they wont their first and only GT2 race.
Chris Draper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Corvette Info Center http://corvette-info.tripod.com
Corvette Racing History http://corvette-racing.tripod.com
Corvette Concepts History http://corvette-concepts.tripod.com
Corvette Info Center Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/corvetteinfocenter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
BWF07
DC Crew

Member #56168

My Corvette(s)
2007 Monterey Red coupe Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Draper View Post
[IMG]
This is the track that they won their first and only GT2 race.
It was also when they were running the 6.0 liter Katech motor. I have written this season off as a learning year. It takes every bit of a year to get a new program off the ground. I think the success Corvette Racing had last year from Mid Ohio on made a lot think that this year CR would be back to their old ways of winning an dominating the class. That will not happen in the GT class. Ferrarri, Porsche and BMW are just to strong. These are corporate teams that have a rich history in this form of racing. As it has been said before, to win in the GT class you have to be near perfect, and CR racing has not been anywhere near that this year.
BWF07 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
Chris Draper
DC Crew

Member #3332

Even though they are out of the championship, I wouldn't write them off for a win yet this year.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
crusher
DC Crew

Member #22234

My Corvette(s)
2007 Machine Silver Z51

I will be going to Mosport this weekend
crusher is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
BWF07
DC Crew

Member #56168

My Corvette(s)
2007 Monterey Red coupe Z51

Quote:
Even though they are out of the championship, I wouldn't write them off for a win yet this year.
Chris please don't get me wrong I did not say I was writting CR off this year as to winning, only that it is not a season that will go down as a great season for CR. I truely believe that Pratt & Miller as well as Doug Fehan did not expect that they were going to set the class on its ear this year. Doug even said at Mid Ohio, that the team looked better that weekend because that had some history on the track in the GT2 class last year which help this year. They will be in the thick of it next year I am sure. The poor finish at Sebring this year put them down in the points right from the start. Had it not been for the pit lane FUBAR they may have won that race.
BWF07 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
Pfadt Racing
Supporting Manufacturer

Member #96593

Hey Guys, I talked to Dan Binks at PME earlier this week and they are really working their asses off to get back in front of the competition again. Don't give up hope for results! Go CR!!!
Pfadt Racing is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #7
crusher
DC Crew

Member #22234

My Corvette(s)
2007 Machine Silver Z51

crusher is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #8
VetteFinders
DC Crew

Member #5425

My Corvette(s)
1966 Convertible 1979 Coupe

Driver Pairing Change

Well this bit of news is interesting. I would have to say the two fastest drivers in the stable are now paired with the #4 car.

Corvette Racing Realigns Driver Lineup for Mosport ALMS

Beretta and O'Connell in No. 3 Corvette, Gavin and Magnussen in No. 4 Corvette for Grand Prix of Canada

Bowmanville, Ont., Aug. 26, 2010 – Corvette Racing will have familiar faces in different places at the Mobil 1 presents the Grand Prix of Canada at Mosport International Raceway. Olivier Beretta will move to the No. 3 Compuware Corvette C6.R, joining Johnny O'Connell for the eighth round of the 2010 American Le Mans Series. Jan Magnussen will be reunited with former teammate Oliver Gavin in the No. 4 Compuware Corvette C6.R.

"Although racing is a technology-driven sport, there is also an important human element," said Corvette Racing program manager Doug Fehan. "To compete at this level, the drivers must have absolute confidence in their car and be totally comfortable with its setup. By realigning our driver pairings to better match setup preferences, Corvette Racing is seeking to minimize compromises in the car setups and maximize our on-track performance. Tailoring each car to the driving styles of the respective driver pairs will provide the most competitive two-car effort.

"This change was made in consultation with all four drivers, and they are in complete agreement that this is the way forward," said Fehan. "Corvette Racing is one team that campaigns two cars. The mechanics, engineers, drivers, and managers all work together for a single goal – to have a Corvette in the winner's circle. Everyone understands that when one Corvette wins, the entire team wins. With our revised driver lineup at Mosport, we are confident that we will have the two strongest possible entries in the extremely competitive GT class."

The Corvette Racing driver roster has an impressive record, with a combined total of 12 ALMS championships and 135 career ALMS victories. The four full-season drivers have stood on the top step of the podium 17 times at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Gavin and Magnussen previously shared the No. 4 Corvette in long-distance races in 2004-06, while Beretta and O'Connell will be co-drivers for the first time at Mosport.

Corvette Racing’s next event is the Mobil 1 presents the Grand Prix of Mosport at Mosport International Raceway in Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada. The two-hour, 45-minute race will start at 3:05 p.m. ET on Sunday, August 29. The race will be televised tape-delayed on SPEED from 4 – 7 p.m. ET. Live radio coverage will be available on American Le Mans Radio, Sirius Channel 127, and XM Channel 242.
VetteFinders is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
VetteFinders.com
http://www.VetteFinders.com

Your Internet Destination for Buying and Selling Corvettes!

Read My Corvette Blog
Old 08-26-2010, 11:33 PM   #9
lawnchair
DC Crew

Member #16723

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteFinders View Post
Well this bit of news is interesting. I would have to say the two fastest drivers in the stable are now paired with the #4 car.
I'm going to agree with that. This must be a very recent press release, even the spotters guides show the old driver pairings. I don't care how it happens, I just want to see a win this season!
lawnchair is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Corvette Racing Take no prisoners
Old 08-27-2010, 01:37 AM   #10
Chris Draper
DC Crew

Member #3332

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnchair View Post
I'm going to agree with that. This must be a very recent press release, even the spotters guides show the old driver pairings. I don't care how it happens, I just want to see a win this season!
Spotters Guide is now updated. This is very interesting. They must be REALLY dieing for a win to sort of put all of their eggs in one basket like that.

Interesting strategy indeed.

I'm guessing this will be a practice run for Petit Le Mans so the drivers get situated with the different driver changes ect. Giving them a better chance at a win. If the #4 car wins Petit, CR gets an automatic invite to Le Mans next year.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:34 AM   #11
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Interesting...I like the shake up though. In my baseball days some coaches would move players into odd positions just to make it different. It worked more often then not.

I've watched as many races as possible this year. Corvette is in it. They're battling. Erase some mistakes and sharpen that edge a little more and next year will be a new chapter.

I'm still amazed at the over all speed of the Risi guys. That car is blisteringly fast. The pit strategy of the BMW team has been interesting as they seem to be running longer on their tires with no ill effects.

Now get out there and DRIVE!
XQIZT is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #12
Chris Draper
DC Crew

Member #3332

Did anyone else just see that?

The Dyson Mazda passed the #3 Corvette at the end of practice and the 3 spun. They get back into the pits and a fight breaks out between the drivers with the Mazda driver starting it.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #13
cor123
DC Crew

Member #2941

Quote:

The Dyson Mazda passed the #3 Corvette at the end of practice and the 3 spun. They get back into the pits and a fight breaks out between the drivers with the Mazda driver starting it.
Hindy said that Chris Dyson was slinging Beretta around like a rag doll.
cor123 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #14
VetteFinders
DC Crew

Member #5425

My Corvette(s)
1966 Convertible 1979 Coupe

Quote:

Wow. Hope to see that again. SPEED commentators said it went on a little longer than what they briefly showed.
VetteFinders is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
VetteFinders.com
http://www.VetteFinders.com

Your Internet Destination for Buying and Selling Corvettes!

Read My Corvette Blog
Old 08-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #15
cor123
DC Crew

Member #2941

Corvette Racing Qualifies Fourth and Sixth for Mosport ALMS

Gavin and O'Connell Qualify in First Race with Revised Driver Lineup

BOWMANVILLE, Ontario, Canada, Aug. 28, 2010 – Corvette Racing drivers Oliver Gavin and Johnny O'Connell qualified their Compuware Corvettes fourth and sixth respectively for Sunday's Mobil 1 presents the Grand Prix of Canada at Mosport International Raceway. Both Corvettes posted their quickest times on their second qualifying laps on the 2.459-mile Canadian road course. Gavin turned a time of 1:17.668 (113.977 mph) in the No. 4 Compuware Corvette C6.R, and O'Connell clocked in at 1:17.794 (113.793 mph) in the No. 3 Compuware Corvette C6.R. Just .634 seconds separated the top six GT qualifiers.

The No. 62 Risi Competizione Ferrari 430 GT driven by Gianmaria Bruni took the GT pole with the fastest qualifying time at 1:17.160. However, the red racer must start at the back of the field after a late driver change, promoting the two Corvettes one spot each on the starting grid.

"I knew that I needed to get a quick time in the first three laps when the tires were at their best," Gavin said. "I was trying to find a gap, and it seemed that every lap I had a car in front of me, or a car spinning ahead of me. Realistically we weren't going to get the pole today, the Ferrari was just so strong, but I think we might have been on the front row."

"It's been a while since I've qualified, but I don't feel that I left anything on the table," O'Connell said. "We spent the final practice session working on tires, and at the end we got things going in the right direction. The race is going to be really tough. The competition is so close that whoever doesn't make a mistake will probably be the one who wins."

Corvette Racing revised its driver lineup for this event, with Olivier Beretta moving to the No. 3 Corvette alongside O'Connell and Jan Magnussen shifting to the No. 4 Corvette as Gavin's co-driver.

"The car is still yellow, and the only things that have changed are the number on the door and the color of my teammate's helmet," Beretta said with a laugh. "Johnny has been very cool, and we work well together. We've raced hard against each in the past, and now we are together in the same car. We like the same feel in the car, and the change has given me a new perspective."

Magnussen has rejoined Gavin, his former endurance-racing co-driver. "We're getting along great, and I'm getting comfortable in the car," Magnussen said. "There is the usual stuff we have to sort out with the seat and practicing driver changes. So far so good.

"I expect we'll see a lot of guys struggling with tire wear in the second half of their stints," Magnussen predicted. "Usually we are good on our Michelins at the end of a run, and that's when we really need to push. We may not have the fastest car on one lap, but over the distance I believe we have a good race car."

The two-hour, 45-minute Mobil 1 presents the Grand Prix of Canada will start at 3:05 p.m. ET on Sunday, August 29. The race will be televised tape-delayed on SPEED from 4 – 7 p.m. ET. Live radio coverage will be available on American Le Mans Radio, Sirius Channel 127, and XM Channel 242.

Mobil 1 presents the Grand Prix of Canada GT Qualifying:

Pos./Drivers/Car/Time

1. Vilander/Bruni, Ferrari 430 GT, 1:17.160

2. Bergmeister/Long, Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, 1:17.461

3. Auberlen/Milner, BMW E92 M3, 1:17.491

4. Gavin/Magnussen, Chevrolet Corvette C6.R, 1:17.668

5. Sharp/van Overbeek, Ferrari 430 GT, 1:17.726

6. Beretta/O'Connell, Chevrolet Corvette C6.R, 1:17.794

7. Mueller/Hand, BMW E92 M3, 1:17.841

8. Sellers/Henzler, Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, 1:18.469

9. Robertson/Robertson/Murry, Ford GT, 1:18.502

10. Goossens/Gentilozzi, Jaguar XKRS, 1:19.099

11.Brown/Cosmo, Ferrari 430 GT, 1:21.771

12. Law/Neiman, Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, 1:21.798
cor123 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.