C7 Rear - HERE IT IS! - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette Forums > C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C7 Corvette - Facts | Info | Rumors The first C7 Corvette info is rolling in...

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 09-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
Chris Draper
DC Crew

Member #3332

C7 Rear - HERE IT IS!

This is from the Hi-Po model.

Chris Draper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Corvette Info Center http://corvette-info.tripod.com
Corvette Racing History http://corvette-racing.tripod.com
Corvette Concepts History http://corvette-concepts.tripod.com
Corvette Info Center Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/corvetteinfocenter
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Draper For This Useful Post:
stinger430 (09-27-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
Dan85Vette
DC Crew

Member #9092

My Corvette(s)
'85 Vette - 383 TPI

I definitely don't feel moved by the design in any way.

A mix of similar cues (from other cars) that blend together in a manner that leans toward haphazard. Without considering the need for Corvette heritage, purely speaking, the rear lights still just don't work. I like the lower half of the rear bumper, the rear vents and that the exhaust outlets are framed in.
Dan85Vette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan85Vette For This Useful Post:
Longtimer (09-27-2012)
Old 09-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
Ugolino
DC Crew

Member #64180

Is that the 2014 Camaro? Seriously, I absolutely hate those rear lights. The back end in general is way too busy, too many angles, creases, folds, ridges, edges...did Frank Gehry design it? The Corvette is supposed to be a simple, clean shape. I really hope this isn't the real thing, it looks like a bunch of 16-year-olds are running the Corvette design studio.
Ugolino is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Ugolino For This Useful Post:
Longtimer (09-27-2012)
Old 09-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
Chris Draper
DC Crew

Member #3332

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I can state my opinion.

I love it! Very modern and functional design. This will really bring the Corvette up to par or even past it.

The rear fender-well air extractors look MUCH better then how Jalopnik represented them. This will reduce drag significantly, especially at higher speeds. I can guarantee you this was a suggestion from the Corvette Racing team.

The large spoiler will be a big help for downforce without adding a big wing like the Viper ACR.

And the all so debated tail lights.....I personally like them. I like the 3-dimensional design to them. I honestly don't care that they are not round. This isn't the first Corvette with square tail lights. The overall opinion about them on the other forum is mostly positive.

I'm still a little puzzled about the lack of a B Pillar (new side window). That has been the most notable design element of Corvettes since 1963.
Chris Draper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Corvette Info Center http://corvette-info.tripod.com
Corvette Racing History http://corvette-racing.tripod.com
Corvette Concepts History http://corvette-concepts.tripod.com
Corvette Info Center Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/corvetteinfocenter
Old 09-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #5
TheMelkMan
DC Crew

Member #118968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Draper View Post

I love it! Very modern and functional design. This will really bring the Corvette up to par or even past it.

The rear fender-well air extractors look MUCH better then how Jalopnik represented them. This will reduce drag significantly, especially at higher speeds. I can guarantee you this was a suggestion from the Corvette Racing team.

The large spoiler will be a big help for downforce without adding a big wing like the Viper ACR.

And the all so debated tail lights.....I personally like them. I like the 3-dimensional design to them. I honestly don't care that they are not round. This isn't the first Corvette with square tail lights. The overall opinion about them on the other forum is mostly positive.

I'm still a little puzzled about the lack of a B Pillar (new side window). That has been the most notable design element of Corvettes since 1963.
This is pretty much how I've felt all along... although according to a couple members on this site, that just means we have horrible tastes.

I'm wondering if the colors in this latest CAD rendering are only meant to differentiate material types, or if the rear bumper is going to be body-colored? The Jalopnik drawings led us to believe that the bottom half of the rear would be dark-greyish / black, which I think I prefer. I did a quick photoshop to get an idea of what that would look like on this latest 3D CAD rendering:

TheMelkMan is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #6
bkuper
DC Crew

Member #16

My Corvette(s)
1994 Dark Metallic Red Coupe, 1989 Bright Red Coupe, 1986 Black Coupe

Quote:

Agreed, on all counts. Do you have "access" to any base model images like this one?

Last edited by bkuper; 09-27-2012 at 01:04 AM.
bkuper is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Brian Kuper
Dallas, Texas
http://www.gff.com/

1994 LT1 Coupe (broken and sold)
1989 L98 Coupe (sold)
1986 L98 Coupe (bone yard)
Old 09-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #7
bkuper
DC Crew

Member #16

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMelkMan View Post
This is pretty much how I've felt all along... although according to a couple members on this site, that just means we have horrible tastes.

They'd be wrong then.
Brian Kuper
Dallas, Texas

1989 L98 Coupe (sold)
Old 09-27-2012, 12:37 AM   #8
TheMelkMan
DC Crew

Member #118968

After my last post I immediately realized that forgot to put in the backup lights (well... backup light, singular, since only one is visible). I edited my last post with the updated image. It's a tiny difference, but it makes it look a bit more complete.
TheMelkMan is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 12:38 AM   #9
bkuper
DC Crew

Member #16

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugolino View Post
Is that the 2014 Camaro? Seriously, I absolutely hate those rear lights. The back end in general is way too busy, too many angles, creases, folds, ridges, edges...did Frank Gehry design it? The Corvette is supposed to be a simple, clean shape. I really hope this isn't the real thing, it looks like a bunch of 16-year-olds are running the Corvette design studio.
If Gehry designed it, it would leak.
Brian Kuper
Dallas, Texas

1989 L98 Coupe (sold)
Old 09-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #10
bkuper
DC Crew

Member #16

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
After my last post I immediately realized that forgot to put in the backup lights (well... backup light, singular, since only one is visible). I edited my last post with the updated image. It's a tiny difference, but it makes it look a bit more complete.

I find the black tail light surrounds unnecessary but I'll bet the car will be sinister looking in black.
Brian Kuper
Dallas, Texas

1989 L98 Coupe (sold)
Old 09-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #11
The Torch
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #799

My Corvette(s)
2004 Black/Mod Red-Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkuper View Post
If Gehry designed it, it would leak.
The Torch is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
RACING...Because with baseball, football, basketball, tennis, and golf, you only need one ball

I used to think that I had learned patience as I got older. Then I realized that I just didn't give a shit
Old 09-27-2012, 02:32 AM   #12
Patrick
DC Crew

Member #1

My Corvette(s)
Current: 2003 Convertible .... Previous: 1996, 1996 GS, 2001 vert, 2002 Z06, 2003, 2007 Z51, etc...

Quote:

I'm wondering if the colors in this latest CAD rendering are only meant to differentiate material types, or if the rear bumper is going to be body-colored? The Jalopnik drawings led us to believe that the bottom half of the rear would be dark-greyish / black, which I think I prefer. I did a quick photoshop to get an idea of what that would look like on this latest 3D CAD rendering:

Patrick is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 03:40 AM   #13
I_Love_Clams
DC Crew

Member #118883

Quote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not all opinions should be respected.

If you like that rear end, you are not a true Corvette fan, its as simple as that, and you should be banned from whatever club you may be part of.

That rear end is a travesty. It is a carbon copy of the rear end of the Camaro and goes against everything Corvette has ever been. It is an embarrassment to the Corvette name. And whether you like the rear end or not, that rear end is going to get made fun of by the vast majority of Corvette enthusists. If you buy that, I will gladly make fun of you every time I see you. That rear end will be around for 1 or 2 years at best before they realize they have made a grand mistake and alter it dramatically. That rear end will be a black mark in the history books of Corvette until the end of time. It is NOT a corvette rear end.

And quite frankly I'm tired of hearing everyone say that it has been altered to cater to a younger audience, I am part of that younger audience and I know a turd when I see one, and so do the rest of the younger crowd out there. You can be a fan of that rear end all you like, but you can't also be a Corvette fan. It's not that the tail lights are square, technically they aren't, and a Corvette has never had square tail lights despite the many discussions that would purport they have. A square has corners, no Corvette has ever had corners in the tail lights. But regardless, what makes that rear end so horrible is that it is borrowed largely from another car and does not say Corvette. Corvette has a distinct look, it may not be the same on every model but when you see it, you know it, and that look ain't it. Honestly, if you like that rear end just leave the forum, I don't want to hear your opinion ever again, your opinion is tainted from this day forward. Its tainted to such a degree that if you told me you liked my car, I should just burn my car to the ground because you have reassured me that my car looks like crap because you have no taste whatsoever.
I_Love_Clams is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_Love_Clams For This Useful Post:
91redragtop (09-27-2012), Brett Hunter (09-27-2012), geo717 (11-03-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 05:11 AM   #14
ST Graveyard
DC Crew

Member #23021

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Clams View Post
And quite frankly I'm tired of hearing everyone say that it has been altered to cater to a younger audience, I am part of that younger audience and I know a turd when I see one, ...
That's obvious ... let me guess ... you are 12, right?

So I'm not a Corvette fan in your opinion ...

That's nice ...
ST Graveyard is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ST Graveyard For This Useful Post:
Atheris (12-16-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 05:26 AM   #15
docprechop
DC Crew

Member #861

My Corvette(s)
2007 ZO6, Cartek built LS7, Pfadt Headers, Pfadt Coilovers, Pfadt Comp Sway Bars

They are destroying corvette!

The only car that comes close to Corvette heritage is the Porsche 911. Look how the Germans are able to update the model without removing it's connection to it's heritage. The Corvette is the halo car for Chevrolet and they are taking elements of lesser cars (i.e. Camaro) to define it. Corvette design should spill over to lesser models not the other way around! If this is the real design it will be disastrous.
docprechop is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Eye Doc
The Following User Says Thank You to docprechop For This Useful Post:
91redragtop (09-27-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.