I Adams-ed my pick-up - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > General Corvette Topics > Corvette Detailing and Car Care
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

Corvette Detailing and Car Care
Corvette detailing | waxes | polishes | paint issues | polishing/buffing

Sponsored by: Adam's Premium Car Care Products
Adam's Premium Car Care Products

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 10-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
BJC99Hardtop
DC Crew

Member #16712

My Corvette(s)
2006 Z06, 1999 FRC

I Adams-ed my pick-up

Because of this forum, I discovered Adams products. I have been accumulating tools and chemicals and have been using them religiously on my Corvette.

Over the Summer, I started raiding my Adams stash for use on my wife's SUV. It looks great, but has yet to be transformed completely.

This past weekend, I did a full paint correction on my 2006 Nissan Titan. This truck has 66K miles on it, as well as 6 Pittsburgh Winters. I have washed it regularly, and waxed it once per year, but has seen its share of tree branches and driven many miles behind a salt truck.

I started with an Adams Car Shampoo wash. I then clayed the entire truck. I went through three pieces of clay. This paint was dirty!

I pulled out the PC and did the whole truck in Sever Swirl and Haze Remover (green). After wiping off the haze (I know you don't have to), I redid some of the problem areas on the hood and rocker panels.

Then I polished the whole truck with Swirl and Haze Remover (orange) and wiped it down. I then polished the whole truck again with Fine Machine Polish (white). I finished it off with a PC application of Machine Sealant (gray), let it sit for an hour, and removed it with a double soft microfiber towel. I like to use the PC with the pad wrapped in the towel. This makes removing the tough sealant incredibly easy.

I let the sealant cure overnight and applied a second coat this morning. Not only does the truck's paint look better than brand new, she is ready for the Winter. Two coats of Machine Sealant should brave the Pittsburgh Winter just fine.
BJC99Hardtop is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
DarthAWM
DC Crew

Member #83845

My Corvette(s)
2003 Torch Red 6 speed coupe

Wow, I spent 24 man hours on Vette, I shudder to think what my(or is it now my wife's) Avalanche would take.
DarthAWM is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
America is all about speed.
Hot, nasty, badass speed.
-Eleanore Roosevelt
Old 10-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
Raisin Man
DC Crew

Member #44299

My Corvette(s)
2004 C5 Z16, 2006 ZO6 (Katech Street Attack #55), 2010 ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJC99Hardtop View Post
Because of this forum, I discovered Adams products. I have been accumulating tools and chemicals and have been using them religiously on my Corvette.

Over the Summer, I started raiding my Adams stash for use on my wife's SUV. It looks great, but has yet to be transformed completely.

This past weekend, I did a full paint correction on my 2006 Nissan Titan. This truck has 66K miles on it, as well as 6 Pittsburgh Winters. I have washed it regularly, and waxed it once per year, but has seen its share of tree branches and driven many miles behind a salt truck.

I started with an Adams Car Shampoo wash. I then clayed the entire truck. I went through three pieces of clay. This paint was dirty!

I pulled out the PC and did the whole truck in Sever Swirl and Haze Remover (green). After wiping off the haze (I know you don't have to), I redid some of the problem areas on the hood and rocker panels.

Then I polished the whole truck with Swirl and Haze Remover (orange) and wiped it down. I then polished the whole truck again with Fine Machine Polish (white). I finished it off with a PC application of Machine Sealant (gray), let it sit for an hour, and removed it with a double soft microfiber towel. I like to use the PC with the pad wrapped in the towel. This makes removing the tough sealant incredibly easy.

I let the sealant cure overnight and applied a second coat this morning. Not only does the truck's paint look better than brand new, she is ready for the Winter. Two coats of Machine Sealant should brave the Pittsburgh Winter just fine.
Impressive effort & results. Guys like you make it tough on me! Love my Vettes, but dedicating time to claying / polishing / waxing is a challenge. I need to get 'er done.
Raisin Man is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #4
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

It's almost too much for me to do all those things to a Vette. I can't imagine the effort needed on a full-size pickup. I'll bet the results are beautiful.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
BJC99Hardtop
DC Crew

Member #16712

My Corvette(s)
2006 Z06, 1999 FRC

The timing worked out perfectly in that I put my Corvette in storage on Friday (the truck went back in the garage) and it rained non-stop on Saturday and Sunday. I really didn't have anything else to do but hang out in the garage and work on the truck.

I actually found the process more rewarding that doing the Corvette. When I work on it, I am taking the paint from 95% to 100%. With the Titan, I was taking it from 40% to 100%.

What an improvement! I would post picks, but the truck is silver, so the before and after pictures sort of look the same.

Of course it is still raining, and the truck was dirty before I got to the end of my street this morning...
Old 11-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
AdamsPolishes
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor

Member #87565

Thats certainly a lot more square footage to treat than your vette, but sometimes a dramatic turnaround on a truck is more rewarding b/c of how much work you put in.

Thanks for your business !
AdamsPolishes is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
USE COUPON CODE: DC TO RECEIVE 10% OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER AT www.ADAMSPOLISHES.com
Old 11-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
Barry23
DC Crew

Member #120166

Wao you use many Adam's products what you feel about this brand, are you recommend it foe a permanent car washing product. thanks to share
Barry23 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Barry
Old 11-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
BJC99Hardtop
DC Crew

Member #16712

My Corvette(s)
2006 Z06, 1999 FRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry23 View Post
Wao you use many Adam's products what you feel about this brand, are you recommend it foe a permanent car washing product. thanks to share
Since I started using the products, I have phased out all of the other products I used. Not just on my Z06, but on my SUV and pickup truck too.

Sure, the Adams products cost a lot more than the cheaper auto parts store brands, but in my opinion, the quality far exceeds the additional cost.

For example, after using Adams Car Shampoo, I just could not go back to using the Turtle Wax product I had been using for 20 years.

I keep my Vette immaculate, but I also keep my other cars very clean and detailed at all times (except the pickup during hunting season). My neighbors like to poke fun when they see me washing my cars when there is snow on the ground. For me, it is therapy.
The Following User Says Thank You to BJC99Hardtop For This Useful Post:
AdamsPolishes (11-09-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #9
AdamsPolishes
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor

Member #87565

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJC99Hardtop View Post
I keep my Vette immaculate, but I also keep my other cars very clean and detailed at all times (except the pickup during hunting season). My neighbors like to poke fun when they see me washing my cars when there is snow on the ground. For me, it is therapy.
My neighbors do the same... I reached a whole other level of crazy with a E55 AMG detail earlier this year... I completed about 70% of the detail in the rain. You're neighbors will never look at you more strangely than when you're washing a car during a rainstorm LOL
AdamsPolishes is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
USE COUPON CODE: DC TO RECEIVE 10% OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER AT www.ADAMSPOLISHES.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.