Dynojet graph , looks legit? - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette Forums > C5 Corvette - Technical | Performance | Aftermarket
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

C5 Corvette - Technical | Performance | Aftermarket Technical | Performance | Aftermarket | Discussions

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
big454
DC Crew

Member #107731

Dynojet graph , looks legit?

I am wondering if this graph of my dyno tune seems legit. I get no torque numbers and how about the awesome curve. I recently installed a vortech supercharger V2-s trim on my car(99 corvette) with 3.6 pulley. The tuner couldn't tell me how much boost I was making either because I have a 1 bar map sensor .
big454 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
'99 Corvette w/v2 s trim
completely stock other
than the SC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
big454
DC Crew

Member #107731

Anyone?
'99 Corvette w/v2 s trim
completely stock other
than the SC
Old 11-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
raidmagic
DC Crew

Member #1067

My Corvette(s)
Rare 1987 bright red

I'm going to say no, doesn't he have a wide band o2 to put in the exhaust? You should have torque numbers as well as air/fuel numbers
raidmagic is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sampson 9/22/97-1/1/05

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read

Florida muscle car enthusiast click here
Old 11-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
big454
DC Crew

Member #107731

Yes, there was a wideband o2 sensor .
'99 Corvette w/v2 s trim
completely stock other
than the SC
Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
Spiderpat
Web Head

Member #39596

My Corvette(s)
04 Z06 aka The Black Widow

Is your Car an auto?
He can hook to the manifold to guage boost.
You should have a line for torque also.
Spiderpat is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
My Black Widow

Most of my patients survive no matter what I do to them
Old 11-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #6
big454
DC Crew

Member #107731

This is the second graph sent to my phone , "tomorrow" he wil send it to my email .
'99 Corvette w/v2 s trim
completely stock other
than the SC
Old 11-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #7
Abnmarine
DC Crew

Member #120261

My Corvette(s)
2001 Corvette

I've always asked for SAE and not STD. This eliminates the inflated numbers since the tuner is using a standard for SAE. Here is a good read on the differences.

I'd also want to see the torque curve and AF ratio. My preference is when displayed together where they cross each other at 5250 rpms.

There are few standards used in the dyno world for gathering HP and TQ numbers, UNCORRECTED, SAE and STD. Uncorrected is NEVER accepted in the world of dynoing and tuning as it does not factor in any weather conditions etc. Now here is where the big debate comes...is between SAE and STD. SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) is the MOST ACCURATE AND WIDELY ACCEPTED FORM OF MEASUREMENT when it comes to the world of dynoing. Here is some more info I have gathered between the two.....

A lot of people have been asking about SAE .vs STD Dyno numbers so I thought this would help. Most people know that showing STD numbers read higher but not many know why. SAE represents more realistic standard conditions, STD artificially boosts numbers.

Identifying Your Correction Factor:
Dynojet:
If you look at a dynojet graph in the upper right corner, you will see where it says the correction method being used. The options are SAE, STD, Uncorrected and a few not needed for discussion. You will also notice a smooth factor (up to 5) which dyno operators use to make the power curves and any other data displayed, such as AFR, seem more accurate and smooth. You will also see AFR graphs scaled DOWN to hide flaws in the curve.

MD:
A Mustang Dyno ONLY uses SAE Corrections. Smoothing can also be controlled as well as scale for the Graphical Outputs.

Overview:
Most of the stated horsepower numbers are “Corrected” values. The correction standards were developed to discount the observed horsepower readings taken at different locations and weather conditions. It is obvious that an engine builder in Colorado could not produce as much horsepower as a shop at sea level. There is just less oxygen for the engine to burn at the higher altitude. What are less obvious are the other weather condition effects on the engine. So in order to compensate for this all advertised horsepower is “corrected” to several different industry standards.

SAE:
"SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), USA. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.23 InHg (99 kPa) of dry air and 77 F (25°C). This SAE standard requires a correction for friction torque.

STD:
STD is Another power correction standard determined by the SAE. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.92 InHg (103.3 kPa) of dry air and 60 F (15.5°C). Because the reference conditions include higher pressure and cooler air than the SAE standard, these corrected power numbers will always be about 4 % higher than the SAE power numbers. Friction torque is handled in the same way as in the SAE standard."
Abnmarine is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #8
iburke
Sir Dude

Member #6081

My Corvette(s)
1971 T-Top

Dyno numbers are just reference points. The only useful ones are the ones taken before, during, and after a tune or engine change(intake , exhaust, etc.). And must be on the same Dyno, on the same day, and at the same temperature.

The rest are just wasted time and money...
iburke is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I can't tell if I'm dealing well with life these days or I just don't give a shit any more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.