Think the Republicans are done? - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Think the Republicans are done?

Think again. If you look at the whole landscape - White House, Senate, House of Representatives, Governorships, and State Legislatures, the Republicans are near historical highs in most categories. There is no doubt they are suffering in presidential races and demographics are not working in their favor. But overall, voters seem inclined to put lots of Republicans in important offices. I'm linking to this article by Sean Trende who is a political numbers analyst and very smart. Too many graphs to put in this post.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...fter_2012.html
Texdentist is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
92Roadster

Member #36181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Think again. If you look at the whole landscape - White House, Senate, House of Representatives, Governorships, and State Legislatures, the Republicans are near historical highs in most categories. There is no doubt they are suffering in presidential races and demographics are not working in their favor. But overall, voters seem inclined to put lots of Republicans in important offices. I'm linking to this article by Sean Trende who is a political numbers analyst and very smart. Too many graphs to put in this post.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...fter_2012.html
....I find that most politicians are high before and after elections in most categories. .....

....were not going back to Mitt Ryan & Paul Romney again are we.....
92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

I think Mitt in 2016 will win. Third time is a charm you know!
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckslvr79 View Post
I think Mitt in 2016 will win. Third time is a charm you know!
When it comes to presidential candidates and the Republicans, I think the lesson learned is..."Fat cats need not apply". It's a shame, really, because there is a lot of talent that we could use in that crowd. But class warfare politics in the 21st century just about guarantees a fat cat will be DOA in an election.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
MR BRNS C6

Member #73972

My Corvette(s)
2006 Silver Fish

Quote:
When it comes to presidential candidates and the Republicans, I think the lesson learned is..."Fat cats need not apply". It's a shame, really, because there is a lot of talent that we could use in that crowd. But class warfare politics in the 21st century just about guarantees a fat cat will be DOA in an election.

Maybe, but more more like "Flippy Floppy Fat Cats need not apply". As a person Romney seems A-OK in my book, as a politician he seemed like an unprincipled constituent pleaser. I voted for him but didn't care for him, seems there was quite a few Republicans who felt even worse about their choice than me and didn't show up to vote. And here's something to kick around, do you think GW Bush would've been President if he didn't speak fluent Spanish?
MR BRNS C6 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Smithers, unleash the hounds!
Edelbrock E-Force 1593 & Magnaflow exhaust for that healthy American sound. Before SC 354 RWHP, after SC 484 RWHP. That's all I can do and still pass California smog.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR BRNS C6 View Post
do you think GW Bush would've been President if he didn't speak fluent Spanish?
It wasn't just that he spoke Spanish. He had a reasonable approach to the illegal immigrant problem and wasn't looking for mass deportations. Result? He got 44% of the Hispanic vote and Romney got 29%. That's the difference in winning and losing the election. If the Pubs support something like the Dream Act and Rubio wins the nomination, the Pubs should easily get in the 50% range in 2016.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
Bill Davies
DC Crew

Member #118694

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
It wasn't just that he spoke Spanish. He had a reasonable approach to the illegal immigrant problem and wasn't looking for mass deportations. Result? He got 44% of the Hispanic vote and Romney got 29%. That's the difference in winning and losing the election. If the Pubs support something like the Dream Act and Rubio wins the nomination, the Pubs should easily get in the 50% range in 2016.
But how could the Pubs support something like the Dream Act? It goes against every fiber of their being. It's all about the ideology!
Bill Davies is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
MR BRNS C6

Member #73972

My Corvette(s)
2006 Silver Fish

Quote:

How about supporting legal immigration and a better Temporary Work Program. Heck I'm not even for serving in the military to get citizenship. And cracking out a child on this side of the boarder shouldn't give one citizenship either. Illegals going to college on tax payers dollars is BS too. An illegal gets a diploma from a liberal college and viola an illegal citizen, citizen.... Just because you're here illegally already shouldn't make you special.

If that's the case why don't Republican/conservatives start recruiting illegals from former communist block countries where they fear going back to that type of life and would truly appreciate a chance to prosper here and not be on the dole.

My useless two cents...
MR BRNS C6 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Smithers, unleash the hounds!
Edelbrock E-Force 1593 & Magnaflow exhaust for that healthy American sound. Before SC 354 RWHP, after SC 484 RWHP. That's all I can do and still pass California smog.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
Geneus
DC Crew

Member #64482

My Corvette(s)
Z06

Quote:
But class warfare politics in the 21st century just about guarantees a fat cat will be DOA in an election.
Not necessarily true. I'd vote for Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn) for President in a heartbeat. He is truly a self-made millionaire (made his money in construction...yes, building things and not ripping them apart). He is articulate, smart and tough. He understands economics and is loved by the libs on CNBC...they have him on all the time. During the Senate/Congressional hearings during the "meltdown" he and Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala and another guy I'd vote for President in a heartbeat) were the only...and I mean only...Dems included...people who asked questions which were meaningful and not asked to put that person on the defensive in order to make the inquisitor look good in front of their consituency. I respected that and I still do.
Geneus is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Forged 402 stroker, ETP 215 ported/polished heads, 1 7/8" AR headers, Fast 90/LS2 TB, Oz Exo-skel dual disc clutch, 5 point custom roll cage, 4.10 gears, DTE strut brace, DTE hardened output shaft, Rwhp/Rwtq?...enough to go 10.44@133.9 with a 1.55-60' and a slipping clutch...thank you RobZ for driving and ECS for the build.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #10
Vette_Newb
Account Disabled.

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davies View Post
But how could the Pubs support something like the Dream Act? It goes against every fiber of their being. It's all about the ideology!
Actually not, the socio-cons are the ones harping about gay marriage and the dream act.

The GOP needs to quit alienating their libertarian roots and start alienating the socio-cons (religious right) and get back to the basics of small government, fair taxation. The GOP was hijacked by the religious right and it's proven to be disastrous.
Vette_Newb is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #11
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette_Newb View Post
Actually not, the socio-cons are the ones harping about gay marriage and the dream act.

The GOP needs to quit alienating their libertarian roots and start alienating the socio-cons (religious right) and get back to the basics of small government, fair taxation. The GOP was hijacked by the religious right and it's proven to be disastrous.
This is it...right here...if the right dumped all the social "wedge" issues and they would be MUCH better off and much more appealing to moderates. And THOSE are the votes that they need...moderates are all colors/creeds/orientations, etc.
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #12
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
This is it...right here...if the right dumped all the social "wedge" issues and they would be MUCH better off and much more appealing to moderates. And THOSE are the votes that they need...moderates are all colors/creeds/orientations, etc.
Wow, that's a great idea..... if they dropped all that stuff they'd be just like liberals.
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #13
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
Wow, that's a great idea..... if they dropped all that stuff they'd be just like liberals.
No. They can keep the fiscal conservative side....just drop the social crap.
XQIZT is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #14
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
No. They can keep the fiscal conservative side....just drop the social crap.
half a liberal
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
Vette_Newb
Account Disabled.

Member #6180

My Corvette(s)
1989 L98 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
half a liberal
They tried full on liberal 2 times with horrific results..

Now it's time to try Republican..
Vette_Newb is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Fascism is a religion of the state. It assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.