Allen West concedes - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 11-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Allen West concedes

The right continues to harp about Obama's win being due to a poor quality Pub candidate. Well, most of them would consider Allen West a pretty high quality candidate. He conceded defeat in a very close race today. Could it be that there is more to this than candidate "quality"?

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2012/1...atrick-murphy/
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
The right continues to harp about Obama's win being due to a poor quality Pub candidate. Well, most of them would consider Allen West a pretty high quality candidate. He conceded defeat in a very close race today. Could it be that there is more to this than candidate "quality"?

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2012/1...atrick-murphy/
He was against the freebies and amnesty not a winning position nowadays. You can be the most "high quality, morally correct and Patriotic but the new America doesn't need those quality's anymore
walleyfisher is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile"
Old 11-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyfisher View Post
He was against the freebies and amnesty not a winning position nowadays. You can be the most "high quality, morally correct and Patriotic but the new America doesn't need those quality's anymore
Precisely my point. Romney isn't to blame for the election loss. The American people are. They clearly have decided they want a cradle-to-grave government care society and they aren't economically savvy enough to understand that we can't afford that without a serious downgrade in overall living standards. When they finally wake up, it will be too late.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
Precisely my point. Romney isn't to blame for the election loss. The American people are. They clearly have decided they want a cradle-to-grave government care society and they aren't economically savvy enough to understand that we can't afford that without a serious downgrade in overall living standards. When they finally wake up, it will be too late.
Stop pretending like everyone who voted Democratic is a freeloader. Abusers of these systems are not solely in the corner of Democrats. In fact, I don't even know if there is reasonable way to study political party v. abuser of assistance (other than stereotypical mumbo jumbo).
XQIZT is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Alexa" - 1985 Z51 - In memory of the last Corvette Dad owned.

"Desiree" - 1977 - Wife's car, with an attitude problem

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
Stop pretending like everyone who voted Democratic is a freeloader. Abusers of these systems are not solely in the corner of Democrats. In fact, I don't even know if there is reasonable way to study political party v. abuser of assistance (other than stereotypical mumbo jumbo).
You completely misread what I am saying. I'm not talking about free loaders. I'm talking about a society that wants guaranteed medical care, food, housing, retirement, etc. etc, without regard for what they put in the program. I would be all for those things except for one thing: there is no realistic plan to pay for them. What we want or even what we need can't be provided over the long term without a plan to pay for them. I haven't seen a single study that shows we can pay for all of our entitlements into the future with any kind of tax increase. And Obamacare doubles down on our public cost. Again, I'm only talking about the economics. People who want to feel good about being so giving need to pay a little attention to the economics. The Dems have done nothing to show us how we are going to pay for all of these entitlements.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
I'm talking about a society that wants guaranteed medical care, food, housing, retirement, etc. etc, without regard for what they put in the program.
Fine. To use your terms, not every Democrat wants all that handed to them either, nor a guarantee. Maybe they want government to mind their own business with regard to bedroom and womb issues. Maybe they are a single issue voter on something else. I'm seeing a new path with the Republican rhetoric and its attempting to pin Democrats as "gimme-gimmes" who don't understand economics. That's not always the case.

Click here for more info about our cars and autocrossing and other Corvette stuff.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
First thing please stop say'n that we (DC crew) say that every Democrate is a free loader, thats 100% not true. But if you go thru life and don't believe the free loaders (I don't like the term free loaders either, lets just agree with Tex and call it government sponsered programs (paid by the working class)) mostly vote Democrate at this point in time, then you are passing thru life with your eyes closed The Republican Party used to stand for a balanced budget and to acomplish that today, that means ending government programs we don't need to survive (like that big bird thingy)
Old 11-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
Bill Davies
DC Crew

Member #118694

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
I'm seeing a new path with the Republican rhetoric and its attempting to pin Democrats as "gimme-gimmes" who don't understand economics. That's not always the case.
What's the "new" path? Because you just stated the same old Republican rhetoric that I've heard for the entire 40yrs of my life.
Bill Davies is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #9
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Fine. To use your terms, not every Democrat wants all that handed to them either, nor a guarantee. Maybe they want government to mind their own business with regard to bedroom and womb issues. Maybe they are a single issue voter on something else. I'm seeing a new path with the Republican rhetoric and its attempting to pin Democrats as "gimme-gimmes" who don't understand economics. That's not always the case.
If Democrats put the insanely blown out of proportion issues of abortion and gay rights anywhere near the top of their reasons for voting, they are (I'm sorry) idiots. In better economic times, maybe those issues should get a second thought. But this country will not rise or fall on abortion. It WILL rise or fall based on how it handles it's economy over the next 20 years. The Pubs are no saints in this regard, but at least they don't continually peddle new, expansive, expensive programs to the electorate in order to buy votes. SOMEBODY has to get serious about our spending, and Dems clearly are not going to be that somebody.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
XQIZT
You've been pimped!!

Member #80197

My Corvette(s)
1985 Z51, 1977 custom

Quote:
SOMEBODY has to get serious about our spending, and Dems clearly are not going to be that somebody.
Fair enough. Although, I don't think the Republicans are that somebody either.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #11
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Fair enough. Although, I don't think the Republicans are that somebody either.
There is a new Republican Party brewing with guys like Paul Ryan, Bobby Jindal and Marco Rubio. Like the investment guys say - past performance is no predictor of future returns.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #12
Bill Davies
DC Crew

Member #118694

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
If Democrats put the insanely blown out of proportion issues of abortion and gay rights anywhere near the top of their reasons for voting, they are (I'm sorry) idiots. In better economic times, maybe those issues should get a second thought. But this country will not rise or fall on abortion. It WILL rise or fall based on how it handles it's economy over the next 20 years. The Pubs are no saints in this regard, but at least they don't continually peddle new, expansive, expensive programs to the electorate in order to buy votes. SOMEBODY has to get serious about our spending, and Dems clearly are not going to be that somebody.

They may be idiots, but I believe there to be a popular belief, especially in younger and lower income voters, that neither the Dems nor the Pubs will do anything (or at least anything substantially different) about the economic mess we are in. So they may as well vote on the social issues in which the two parties are willing to clearly spell out their differences.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #13
walleyfisher
DC Crew

Member #81755

My Corvette(s)
1974 coupe & 1984 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davies View Post
They may be idiots, but I believe there to be a popular belief, especially in younger and lower income voters, that neither the Dems nor the Pubs will do anything (or at least anything substantially different) about the economic mess we are in. So they may as well vote on the social issues in which the two parties are willing to clearly spell out their differences.
I will agree with you to a point on this, but as bad as the economy and debt has been for the last four years I don't know how you can say that the Dems have the answer for today. I feel Obama has proven he has no answer while the Pubs are saying they have an answer (just not proven to be the right one yet)
Old 11-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #14
Bill Davies
DC Crew

Member #118694

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyfisher View Post
I will agree with you to a point on this, but as bad as the economy and debt has been for the last four years I don't know how you can say that the Dems have the answer for today. I feel Obama has proven he has no answer while the Pubs are saying they have an answer (just not proven to be the right one yet)
I don't disagree, but the point I was making is that the mindset is, "If we are going to be economically bu-fu'ed anyway, we may as well keep our personal freedoms that the ultra-right-Christian Pubs want to take away."
Old 11-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #15
Texdentist

Member #76657

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davies View Post
I think you are probably right. But the root of that is a basic ignorance of our economic plight and how difficult it is going to be to get it under control. I believe that since 2008 there has been a huge influx of new blood into the Republican Party, lead by Tea Party candidates. This new group has decided to take the bull by the horns and try to develop real solutions. But all the Dems want to do is demagogue any changes and point out the pain it might cause. Well, duh, ANY solution is going to cause someone pain. But if no solution is offered, there will be very very severe pain for everyone. The Dems refuse to talk about that. I'm tired of the Dems always complaining that the Pubs politicize issues when the Dems silence on the most important issue of all is purely for political purposes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.