Illegal Alien gets free kidney transplant - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 12-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Illegal Alien gets free kidney transplant

Quote:
After years of uncertainties, Mariscal said he's excited about his future and grateful for the help he received. But he remains frustrated with a health care system that he worries might leave out an untold number of illegal immigrants in need of lifesaving treatments.

"Why can't we be treated the same?" he asked while sitting in his hospital room. "Health care should be a human right, not a privilege. At least give us the chance to fight for our lives with dignity."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3537821.story

Don't tell Machine but it looks like he's been getting free dialysis for the last 8 years. Illegals don't get social services, right?

I say give all the illegals free medicine and treatment....if you can get here you can have the treatment...... don't worry about the payment, the rich people are going to pay for it.
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
92Roadster

Member #36181

....you know what is Ironic about all of this is: I've been making
some payments to the Providence Little Company of Mary
hospital and I was 30 days late with the payment. So I got this
letter in the mail saying there going to turn this over to a
collection agency..()....but in the middle of the letter it
reads; "Please note: uninsured patients may quality for
free or reduced cost medical care
".......

....so they just got billing my insurance company a "shit load"
of money, and I'm paying my share.....Fk'n BS....
92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 92Roadster For This Useful Post:
mbwalker (12-08-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
....you know what is Ironic about all of this is: I've been making
some payments to the Providence Little Company of Mary
hospital and I was 30 days late with the payment. So I got this
letter in the mail saying there going to turn this over to a
collection agency..()....but in the middle of the letter it
reads; "Please note: uninsured patients may quality for
free or reduced cost medical care".......

....so they just got billing my insurance company a "shit load"
of money, and I'm paying my share.....Fk'n BS....

There's got to be a better way.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 12-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
Bill Davies
DC Crew

Member #118694

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
Don't tell Machine but it looks like he's been getting free dialysis for the last 8 years. Illegals don't get social services, right?

I say give all the illegals free medicine and treatment....if you can get here you can have the treatment...... don't worry about the payment, the rich people are going to pay for it.
A part of me does worry about the financial side of this. However I'd like to say bravo for being the one to post with a "let the mother fucker die" attitude cause I'm sure that's how most ppl here feel.
Bill Davies is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
Patrick
DC Crew

Member #1

My Corvette(s)
Current: 2003 Convertible .... Previous: 1996, 1996 GS, 2001 vert, 2002 Z06, 2003, 2007 Z51, etc...

This is all about paper.

He didn't have the paper to be in this country legally. He didn't have the paper to pay for the surgery. And, I paid for some of it from the paper I worked hard to earn.

Paper.

I'm fine that my taxes go to save the life of someone who needed "lifesaving treatments" and was not in the position to pay.

I'd prefer he not be illegal, I'd prefer it be a fellow American. I agree the system is broken, but what kind of country would we be if we only cared about the lives of fellow human beings if they have the right paper?

Paper.
Patrick is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 01:35 AM   #6
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
This is all about paper.

He didn't have the paper to be in this country legally. He didn't have the paper to pay for the surgery. And, I paid for some of it from the paper I worked hard to earn.

Paper.

I'm fine that my taxes go to save the life of someone who needed "lifesaving treatments" and was not in the position to pay.

I'd prefer he not be illegal, I'd prefer it be a fellow American. I agree the system is broken, but what kind of country would we be if we only cared about the lives of fellow human beings if they have the right paper?

Paper.

It's just the politics of the issue that gets things all murky. Many who don't agree with the policy, probably wouldn't have an issue donating money to save a life if it was some sort of non-profit agency or a disaster situation, whether foreigner, illegal or american. But the politics sully everything.
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 12-09-2012, 02:36 AM   #7
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
This is all about paper.

Paper.

Paper.
I feel ya' Patrick but here's my issue. How can an American, born and raised on this soil, be allowed to die from lack of medical services while someone illegally on our soil be treated?

I relate this back to when I was a cop. Let's say that I was in a pursuit with an illegal alien who just robbed a bank and shot three people dead. During the pursuit, he crashes into a church van and seriously injures the 9 American occupants. Of all the injuries, his are the worst. Do I seek treatment for him first or do I care for the church van's occupants first?

I can tell you from experience that most cops are going to say screw the illegal and rush the 9 Americans to the hospital first. If the illegal dies, that's the cost he paid for being a dirt bag. This may not be right, but that is honestly how I feel.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Junkman2008 For This Useful Post:
djsroknrol (12-09-2012), KennyGS (12-09-2012), rdevaux2007 (12-12-2012), Upheval (12-10-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #8
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
I feel ya' Patrick but here's my issue. How can an American, born and raised on this soil, be allowed to die from lack of medical services while someone illegally on our soil be treated?

I relate this back to when I was a cop. Let's say that I was in a pursuit with an illegal alien who just robbed a bank and shot three people dead. During the pursuit, he crashes into a church van and seriously injures the 9 American occupants. Of all the injuries, his are the worst. Do I seek treatment for him first or do I care for the church van's occupants first?

I can tell you from experience that most cops are going to say screw the illegal and rush the 9 Americans to the hospital first. If the illegal dies, that's the cost he paid for being a dirt bag. This may not be right, but that is honestly how I feel.
Certainly have a point.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #9
KennyGS
DC Crew

Member #105698

My Corvette(s)
2010 Grand Sport Coupe (M6)

Makes me think of the guy who robbed a bank because he could not afford health care. Once he was in prison, he knew he would be covered.

One way or another, the tax payer will pay for it.
KennyGS is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #10
ironhorse
DC Crew

Member #74885

Quote:

Well said...
ironhorse is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
If you have ever studied the Bank of America robbery and shootout in North Hollywood (1997), you'll find out that the second robbery subject (Emil Decebal Mătăsăreanu), was allowed to die in the street where he laid wounded. He had been shot over 20 times in the legs and died do to a loss of blood before the ambulance could arrive 70 minutes later.

Seventy minutes... those cops wanted him dead and they were all on the same page.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #12
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davies View Post
A part of me does worry about the financial side of this. However I'd like to say bravo for being the one to post with a "let the mother fucker die" attitude cause I'm sure that's how most ppl here feel.
While I'm not completely sure he ever fucked his mother I am sure that the tax payers of this country funded his 8 years of dialysis and will continue to fund his medication for life..... He had two choices, die or go back to the motherland for this gift of life.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #13
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:

Seventy minutes... those cops wanted him dead and they were all on the same page.
I saw no problem with those officers making sure it was safe for medical crews to enter the scene beofre allowing them to do so.....it is quite the shame that we aren't supporting this shit bag in jail for the rest of his natural born life.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #14
The Dude
DC Crew

Member #120318

My Corvette(s)
In limbo....

Quote:
If you have ever studied the Bank of America robbery and shootout in North Hollywood (1997), you'll find out that the second robbery subject (Emil Decebal Mătăsăreanu), was allowed to die in the street where he laid wounded. He had been shot over 20 times in the legs and died do to a loss of blood before the ambulance could arrive 70 minutes later.

The same paper......

But we could havee transported this guy back to his own country and let them pay for it....but we are too much of a wussy country now that we can't ask others to take care of their own.
The Dude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Rock on!
No...I can't spell...I'm a RedNeck!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #15
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss

Member #71977

My Corvette(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
While I'm not completely sure he ever fucked his mother I am sure that the tax payers of this country funded his 8 years of dialysis and will continue to fund his medication for life..... He had two choices, die or go back to the motherland for this gift of life.
Hey, I have no problem with their decision. I am just calling it like I see it... or like it really was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.