Staying in shape, have you given up yet...... - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums
 
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

Stingray's "Bad Shark" Lounge Welcome to our seriously OFF TOPIC discussion forum section! Open 24-hours a day since 2003.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
92Roadster
 
Posts: 11,227
Member #36181
Member since: Jun 2005

Thanks: 321
Thanked 334 Times in 219 Posts
Staying in shape, have you given up yet......

....those resolutions are around the corner, before we moved
to the North East, I was in really great shape working as a
heavy equipment operator and a mechanics helper, the helper
part was the hardest I ever worked, built up a lot of upper
body strength, then moved to CA and everything went to
hell.....

....but these are some amazing people....













































92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
c6vettedude
DC Crew
 
c6vettedude's Avatar
 
Posts: 511
Member #120057
Member since: Oct 2012

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
....those resolutions are around the corner, before we moved
to the North East, I was in really great shape working as a
heavy equipment operator and a mechanics helper, the helper
part was the hardest I ever worked, built up a lot of upper
body strength, then moved to CA and everything went to
hell.....
That's some serious work, and yes requires a lot of upper and lower body strength if you ask me. Reminds me of my days working in a ship yard.

It's more important than ever to try and make time to stay in shape. I workout regularly and often people will tell me that I'm wasting money on the supplements that I buy. I tell them that you can either pay now, or pay later.
I'm mid 40's, still squat, and deadlift well over 500....bench is about 500. Boy do I miss those 30's! Strength does fade with age, but I always tell guys that your form is much more important than the weight.

I had an older training partner when about 7 years ago...he was in his early 50's then..smaller guy 5'8" 150 with a 405 squat! He had a bout with mouth cancer (smoker/dipper), came back and got right back into the gym.

I think the Rock is off the juice now, though I have nothing at all against steroids. In fact, it's down right stupid that the govt has banned it and is treating it like it's cocaine or heroin. Hell, if they were legal, I'd be taking them. Pretty sure Mark is "off" as well, but both of them stay in good shape...which is a must anyways for Hwood.

Any plans to get back at it Roadster...never too late!

Last edited by c6vettedude; 12-16-2012 at 10:51 PM.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,984
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 160
Thanked 515 Times in 403 Posts
Garage
She could probably split atoms with that ass.

Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 12-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
c6vettedude
DC Crew
 
c6vettedude's Avatar
 
Posts: 511
Member #120057
Member since: Oct 2012

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
She could probably split atoms with that ass.

c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 12-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
92Roadster
 
Posts: 11,227
Member #36181
Member since: Jun 2005

Thanks: 321
Thanked 334 Times in 219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
That's some serious work, and yes requires a lot of upper and lower body strength if you ask me. Reminds me of my days working in a ship yard.

It's more important than ever to try and make time to stay in shape. I workout regularly and often people will tell me that I'm wasting money on the supplements that I buy. I tell them that you can either pay now, or pay later.
I'm mid 40's, still squat, and deadlift well over 500....bench is about 500. Boy do I miss those 30's! Strength does fade with age, but I always tell guys that your form is much more important than the weight.

I had an older training partner when about 7 years ago...he was in his early 50's then..smaller guy 5'8" 150 with a 405 squat! He had a bout with mouth cancer (smoker/dipper), came back and got right back into the gym.

I think the Rock is off the juice now, though I have nothing at all against steroids. In fact, it's down right stupid that the govt has banned it and is treating it like it's cocaine or heroin. Hell, if they were legal, I'd be taking them. Pretty sure Mark is "off" as well, but both of them stay in good shape...which is a must anyways for Hwood.

Any plans to get back at it Roadster...never too late!
....oh hell I gave up a long time ago.....

....out here so many places to eat...back on the East Coast
in a small town you only wished you could enjoy this type
of feast.....
92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
Texdentist
 
Texdentist's Avatar
 
Posts: 18,384
Member #76657
Member since: Oct 2008
Location: Crowley, TX

My Corvette(s)
2013 Coupe, 2009 Coupe - traded, '74 Coupe totalled, '77 Coupe sold

Thanks: 43
Thanked 516 Times in 372 Posts
Southern cooking. We would deep fry a shoe if we thought we could chew it.
Texdentist is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,984
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 160
Thanked 515 Times in 403 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texdentist View Post
Southern cooking. We would deep fry a shoe if we thought we could chew it.
You're obviously looking at the wrong shoes. Ain't nothing like a deep fried old leather boot and a cold beer during a tractor pull.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
BLK 1
 
BLK 1's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,708
Member #66549
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: 75 in a 60

My Corvette(s)
2013 427 Convertible / 2004 6-speed Convertible

Thanks: 0
Thanked 103 Times in 78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vettedude View Post
That's some serious work, and yes requires a lot of upper and lower body strength if you ask me. Reminds me of my days working in a ship yard.

It's more important than ever to try and make time to stay in shape. I workout regularly and often people will tell me that I'm wasting money on the supplements that I buy. I tell them that you can either pay now, or pay later.
I'm mid 40's, still squat, and deadlift well over 500....bench is about 500. Boy do I miss those 30's! Strength does fade with age, but I always tell guys that your form is much more important than the weight.

I had an older training partner when about 7 years ago...he was in his early 50's then..smaller guy 5'8" 150 with a 405 squat! He had a bout with mouth cancer (smoker/dipper), came back and got right back into the gym.

I think the Rock is off the juice now, though I have nothing at all against steroids. In fact, it's down right stupid that the govt has banned it and is treating it like it's cocaine or heroin. Hell, if they were legal, I'd be taking them. Pretty sure Mark is "off" as well, but both of them stay in good shape...which is a must anyways for Hwood.

Any plans to get back at it Roadster...never too late!
Bench 500 lbs? Thats awesome!
I'm 41 and can do 225lbs 17 times then 315lbs 6 times. One time I lifted 405lbs off the bar then put it back too much weight for me.
BLK 1 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #9
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,984
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 160
Thanked 515 Times in 403 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK 1 View Post
Bench 500 lbs? Thats awesome!
I'm 41 and can do 225lbs 17 times then 315lbs 6 times. One time I lifted 405lbs off the bar then put it back too much weight for me.
I can hold up a pair of sexy thighs for awhile but eventually, I end up going to sleep after that workout.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #10
BLK 1
 
BLK 1's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,708
Member #66549
Member since: Nov 2007
Location: 75 in a 60

My Corvette(s)
2013 427 Convertible / 2004 6-speed Convertible

Thanks: 0
Thanked 103 Times in 78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
I can hold up a pair of sexy thighs for awhile but eventually, I end up going to sleep after that workout.
BLK 1 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #11
92Roadster
 
Posts: 11,227
Member #36181
Member since: Jun 2005

Thanks: 321
Thanked 334 Times in 219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
I can hold up a pair of sexy thighs for awhile but eventually, I end up going to sleep after that workout.
...yeah, we know how that goes.....

92Roadster is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #12
Bill Davies
DC Crew
 
Bill Davies's Avatar
 
Posts: 857
Member #118694
Member since: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

My Corvette(s)
1976

Thanks: 14
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Roadster View Post
....
I'm not knockin any of the rock hard ladies in the above post, but this one is more my speed.
Bill Davies is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #13
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,984
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 160
Thanked 515 Times in 403 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davies View Post
I'm not knockin any of the rock hard ladies in the above post, but this one is more my speed.
The girl right? Not the dude, the girl right? Tell me you're talking about the girl Bill. The girl, right?
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Old 12-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
Bill Davies
DC Crew
 
Bill Davies's Avatar
 
Posts: 857
Member #118694
Member since: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

My Corvette(s)
1976

Thanks: 14
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
The girl right? Not the dude, the girl right? Tell me you're talking about the girl Bill. The girl, right?
Smartass Yes, the girl...
Bill Davies is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #15
Junkman2008
DC Pit Crew Boss
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,984
Member #71977
Member since: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

My Corvette(s)
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Thanks: 160
Thanked 515 Times in 403 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davies View Post
Smartass Yes, the girl...
I just wanted to make sure. You know we have people like Ponch who swings both ways so I just wanted to clarify.

Let's see how long it takes his ass to find this thread.
Junkman2008 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:20 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
2003-2011, DigitalCorvettes.com - All Rights Reserved