Way to go NRA!!! - Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums

Go Back   Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums > Other Discussions/Topics > News Room
Register Forums Garage Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Notices

News Room This section is for discussing current events.

Shops/Tuners
Custom Image Corvettes
A&A Corvette
Corvette tuner

Interior
Corvette aftermarket products

Insurance

Parts & Products
Race Ramps
Edelbrock
ATI/Procharger
Corvetteguys.com
Melrose Motorsports
Parts Taxi
Airaid
Mid America Motorworks
Pfadt Racing
Madvette Motorsports
Hi-tech Custom Concepts
Corvette aftermarket products
Corvette Garage
Corvette Parts and Accessories
Corvette Car Care Products
Corvette HID
Mid America Motoroworks

Tracks/Schools
Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Corvette driving school

Wheels/Tires
Cray Wheels

Services
BADWERKS.com

Old 12-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
monsolo2
DC Crew

Member #35050

My Corvette(s)
Soon... very soon!

Way to go NRA!!!

WAY TO GO NRA!! Now, that's a plan I can buy into...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...r-gun-control/

Sorry, had to use Foxnews because all the other news agencies aren't going to report it.
monsolo2 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
You can only have it one way, America... individual freedom or big government. Which is it going to be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

So who pays for those 100,000 police officers in the 100,000 schools? Isn't our party the same party that decries increased government size?
Poncherello is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
monsolo2
DC Crew

Member #35050

My Corvette(s)
Soon... very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
So who pays for those 100,000 police officers in the 100,000 schools? Isn't our party the same party that decries increased government size?
You know what?? At least it's a workable idea! How do we pay for all of these government handout programs?? How do we pay for all of this wasted spending right now?? Taxpayer money! Why don't we tie this into the budget talks and see if we can't stop some unnecessary entitlement programs and instead funnel some money to something that will WORK???

You got a better idea?? You just want to axe THIS program while degenerates are spending our tax money in the form of food stamps on ridiculous crap like iPads and iPhones???

Give me a break!!
monsolo2 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
You can only have it one way, America... individual freedom or big government. Which is it going to be?
Old 12-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsolo2 View Post
You know what?? At least it's a workable idea! How do we pay for all of these government handout programs?? How do we pay for all of this wasted spending right now?? Taxpayer money! Why don't we tie this into the budget talks and see if we can't stop some unnecessary entitlement programs and instead funnel some money to something that will WORK???

Put into budget talks? The Senate hasn't passed a budget in over 4 years what makes you think they're going to cut entitlements to put police officers in schools when their main goal is to get rid of guns which they will say can be done much cheaper.

[/QUOTE]You got a better idea?? [/QUOTE]

A better idea for what, protecting schools or protecting children in general?

Quote:
You just want to axe THIS program while degenerates are spending our tax money in the form of food stamps on ridiculous crap like iPads and iPhones???
You won't get an argument out of me about wasted funds on entitlement programs that benefit able bodied people who are to lazy to get off their asses. But do you think the Congress is really going to say hey let's take food stamps away from the very children we want to protect and spend that money on more police officers in the schools......... hell, most of the people here have no faith in the police to begin with, that's why they all want their bushmasters.

Quote:
Give me a break!!
Tough day today? What do you need a break from?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
Geneus
DC Crew

Member #64482

My Corvette(s)
Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsolo2 View Post

Give me a break!!

Get Ye to McDonalds.
Geneus is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Forged 402 stroker, ETP 215 ported/polished heads, 1 7/8" AR headers, Fast 90/LS2 TB, Oz Exo-skel dual disc clutch, 5 point custom roll cage, 4.10 gears, DTE strut brace, DTE hardened output shaft, Rwhp/Rwtq?...enough to go 10.44@133.9 with a 1.55-60' and a slipping clutch...thank you RobZ for driving and ECS for the build.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
blckslvr79

Member #67576

My Corvette(s)
1979 L82 4speed

At least the NRA was respectful enough to sit out a week in silence before starting this debate. Too bad the same can't be said for the anti-gun wackos.

Most of the schools around here already have armed officers patrolling the schools. What's more valuable? Money in the bank or a building full of children?

My answer to protecting the schools....

:45 in.
blckslvr79 is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues, just you wait and see.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Anyone who wants to get the govt involved is . You already know what's going to happen before it happens .
Growing an already broke govt clearly isn't the answer. We already know what happens to ANYTHING once the govt. touches it. In a perfect world without corrupt dems/pubs...sure it would be easy to cut the fat and fraud and implement more meaningful programs, but let's be real.. THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

I say if we're going to do that, let the states take care of their own schools. Would equal less waste. States could more easily tailor and implement programs that suits each district. Also there'd have to be an open bidding process as well. I'm sure that folks would pay more tax to help insure the safety of their children.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 12-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
1963SS
DC Crew

Member #96709

My Corvette(s)
1995 C4

The government can give police extra money for overtime to catch DUI folks, drug folks, and that's a pretty big pot of change. Just split some of it up and you'll have your officers in a school. Quite possibly Bubba won't get caught for smoking a joint and wind up in some prison.
1963SS is online now   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It's difficult only for the others.

It's the same when you are stupid

Old 12-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #9
c6vettedude
DC Crew

Member #120057

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963SS View Post
The government can give police extra money for overtime to catch DUI folks, drug folks, and that's a pretty big pot of change. Just split some of it up and you'll have your officers in a school. Quite possibly Bubba won't get caught for smoking a joint and wind up in some prison.
The O/T deal is abused badly by the police and fire depts. With all the money they dole out for OT, they could easily hire more cops and fire fighters.

I wrote a piece last year and sent it to hundreds of media outlets (print/tv/radio) and almost every congressional rep, as well as local reps with regards to crime and punishment. I only received one auto-response from a local maryland rep. The email was about funding their campaign.

I had sent the letter in response to a young girl in GA who had been abducted from a playground of the apartment complex where she lived. She was beaten black and blue, raped, stabbed to death, and thrown in the trash bin. Come to find out, some dirt bag who worked as a janitor at the complex had done it.

My plea in the letter was about when is america going to wake up and see that the drug war is a fraud! We continue to put petty non-violent criminals in prison for long stints. Most are pot smokers and petty weed and coke dealers. Yet, dirt bags who rape and murder children are released early... as was that guy, because they don't have room. Bottom line is that is cost money to incarcerate and sooner or later, you run out of money... especially when you imprison more people than any other country in the world.

People are going to have to start choosing on who they want in prison... a weed smoker or the rapist and murderer's.

The ironic thing is that we're making society worse, because petty criminals learn to become better and often worse criminals while incarcerated. They learn the "craft" of crime behind bars. Also HIV, mental illness and all sorts of other problems eventually come back into the public....where this time instead of paying out of wallets, we're paying with our families safety.

A bit off topic...

One last note... drug use is up 2/3's since this so-called war started.
c6vettedude is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V3 upgrade, Random Tech ceramic-coated LT headers w/hi-flo cats and Corsa Extreme exhaust. New dyno #'s 611rwhp/583tq
Old 12-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #10
sixpeedreams
DC Crew

Member #17449

My Corvette(s)
'80 & '95 Z28's (poor man's Vettes)

Quote:
There are legitimate functions of government, outlined by federal and state constitutions, and one of them is to protect the people.
sixpeedreams is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
You can crack your finger, but don't finger your crack.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
grumpyvette
DC Pit Crew

Member #1106

My Corvette(s)
retired engineer, engine builder, racer 1985.1992.1996 cpes

that GUARDIAN PROGRAM, where they give several teachers in each school , who already have a concealed carry license and a desire to help protect the schools, some extra training and permission to carry, and the option to do so, if they choose too, could and probably should be the way to go.
its both very cost effective and doesn,t allow the potential perpetrators of violence to isolate or target a specific target like a uniformed cop on the schools premiss might present to allow the lunatics, that want to do these acts , after disposing of a know and easily located barrier to completing the mass shooting, the simple fact that theres potentially several people on each campus over an above any uniformed protection presents a huge problem for these nut cases, rather like a mine field, they don,t know where or when they will be shot or by whom, but they would have a far larger deterrent than in a current ,GUN FREE ZONE where they are sure the potential victims, can,t offer effective resistance.
grumpyvette is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
" IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES AT WILL,FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"
Old 12-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
Poncherello
Grey Squirrel

Member #5040

My Corvette(s)
Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpeedreams View Post
There are legitimate functions of government, outlined by federal and state constitutions, and one of them is to protect the people.
Thanks for pointing that out to me, everything is a lot more clear now.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #13
C4forlife
DC Crew

Member #54904

My Corvette(s)
1986 1996

My middle and high school both had police officers on site SRO - school reserved officers. They are stationed right at the entrance. Plain clothes security at every parking lot entrance. Never an issue ever.
C4forlife is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
96 stock and 86E I don't even know how to explain anymore.
“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
~Plato
Old 12-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #14
RJ80
DC Crew

Member #48788

My Corvette(s)

Quote:
It's $10M per year at $100K per cop. We give Hamas, Egypt, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Mexico et al Billions every year....Just take it out of their "allowance"
RJ80 is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to RJ80 For This Useful Post:
rlphvac (12-21-2012)
Old 12-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #15
mbwalker

Member #7872

My Corvette(s)
96 LT4 sold, 04 sold, 08 flooded (RIP), 09

Tell Obama they can be unionized...that will get him to sign up in a heart beat.

Just kidding...well, not really.
mbwalker is offline   Reply w/quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (12 CHARACTERS MAXIMUM), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.